Words containing chro
5 letter words containing chro
- chron — (geology) A period of time between two geomagnetic reversals.
6 letter words containing chro
7 letter words containing chro
8 letter words containing chro
- -chroous — coloured in a specified way
- achroite — the colorless or white variety of tourmaline, often used as a gem.
- achromat — a lens designed to bring light of two chosen wavelengths to the same focal point, thus reducing chromatic aberration
- achromia — (medicine) Absence of pigmentation, especially in the skin or blood.
- achromic — colourless
9 letter words containing chro
- achromate — a person unable to perceive color.
- achromats — Plural form of achromat.
- achromous — Colorless; achromatic.
- anachrony — a discrepancy between the order of events in a story and the order in which they are presented in the plot: Anachronies are either flashbacks or flashforwards.
- chromagen — (biochemistry) Any compound, such as heme, that forms a biological pigment when attached to a protein.
10 letter words containing chro
- achromasia — Absence of normal skin pigmentation (from bruising, stress or disease); pallor or achromia.
- achromatic — without colour
- achromatin — the material of the nucleus of a cell that does not stain with basic dyes
- achromycin — tetracycline
- anachronic — out of chronological order or out of date
11 letter words containing chro
- achromatism — the condition or quality of being achromatic; lack of color
- achromatize — to make achromatic; to remove colour from
- achromatous — having little or no colour or less than is normal
- allochronic — (biology, of taxa) occurring in different geologic time.
- amphichroic — producing two colours, one on reacting with an acid, the other on reacting with a base
12 letter words containing chro
- achromatopia — Defective ability to see colours.
- achromatopsy — Color blindness; inability to distinguish colors; daltonism, achromatopia.
- adrenochrome — a chemical pigment produced by the oxidation of adrenaline
- anachronical — Not in the correct date order. Chronologically incorrect.
- anachronisms — Plural form of anachronism.
13 letter words containing chro
- achromaticity — achromatism.
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- achromobacter — any of several rod-shaped bacteria of the genus Achromobacter, found in soil and water.
- allochromatic — Physical Chemistry. pertaining to or having photochemical properties resulting from an impurity or from exposure to radiation.
14 letter words containing chro
- achromatically — In an achromatic manner.
- anachronically — something or someone that is not in its correct historical or chronological time, especially a thing or person that belongs to an earlier time: The sword is an anachronism in modern warfare.
- asynchronicity — (uncountable) The state of being asynchronous.
- asynchronistic — Not synchronistic.
- asynchronously — In an asynchronous manner.
15 letter words containing chro
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- brachistochrone — the curve between two points through which a body moves under the force of gravity in a shorter time than for any other curve; the path of quickest descent
- chromatographer — A person skilled in chromatography or who operates a chromatograph.
- chromatographic — (analytical chemistry) Of or pertaining to chromatography.
- chromium-plated — having been plated with chromium
16 letter words containing chro
- chromatographies — Plural form of chromatography.
- chromolithograph — a picture produced by chromolithography
- dendrochronology — the study of the annual rings of trees, used esp to date past events
- extrachromosomal — Happening outside a chromosome.
- geochronological — Of or pertaining to geochronology.
17 letter words containing chro
- anachronistically — In an anachronistic manner; in the manner of an anachronism.
- chromolithographs — Plural form of chromolithograph.
- chromolithography — the process of making coloured prints by lithography
- chronographically — a timepiece fitted with a recording device, as a stylus and rotating drum, used to mark the exact instant of an occurrence, especially in astronomy.
- desynchronisation — (British spelling) Alternative form of desynchronization.
18 letter words containing chro
- chromolithographer — One engaged in chromolithography.
- chromolithographic — Pertaining to, or made by, chromolithography.
- chronostratigraphy — The branch of geology concerned with establishing the absolute ages of strata.
- dendrochronologist — One who carries out dendrochronology.
- polychromatophilic — having an affinity for more than one kind of stain, especially for acid, neutral, and basic stains, as polychromatophilic erythroblasts characteristic of pernicious anemia.
19 letter words containing chro
- chromatographically — With regard to, or by by using chromatography.
- chromoblastomycosis — Long-term fungal infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- dendrochronological — Pertaining to dendrochronology.
- glottochronological — Of or pertaining to glottochronology.
- postsynchronization — the process of adding sound, such as dubbing, to a film or video after shooting or videotaping is completed
20 letter words containing chro
- post-synchronization — the recording of dialogue and sound effects in synchronization with the picture after the film has been shot.
21 letter words containing chro
On this page, we collect all words with CHRO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 590 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CHRO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.