Words containing chris
5 letter words containing chris
- chris — a male given name, form of Christopher.
6 letter words containing chris
7 letter words containing chris
- chrises — a male given name, form of Christopher.
- chrisom — a white robe put on an infant at baptism and formerly used as a burial shroud if the infant died soon afterwards
- christo — full name Christo Javacheff. born 1935, US artist, born in Bulgaria; best known for works in which he wraps buildings, monuments, or natural features in canvas or plastic
- christy — a turn in which the body is swung sharply round with the skis parallel, originating in Norway and used for stopping, slowing down, or changing direction quickly
8 letter words containing chris
- chrismal — Of or pertaining to or used in chrism.
- chrismon — the monogram and symbol of Christ's name, also known as chi-rho, derived from the initial two letters of the word Christ in Greek
- chrisoms — Plural form of chrisom.
- christen — When a baby is christened, he or she is given a name during the Christian ceremony of baptism. Compare baptize.
- christer — a Christian, esp. one actively engaged in proselytizing or evangelizing
9 letter words containing chris
- christens — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of christen.
- christian — A Christian is someone who follows the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- christina — 1626–89, queen of Sweden (1632–54), daughter of Gustavus Adolphus, noted particularly for her patronage of literature
- christine — a feminine name: dim. Chris, Chrissie, Tina; var. Christina, Christy
- christmas — Christmas is a Christian festival when the birth of Jesus Christ is celebrated. Christmas is celebrated on the 25th of December.
10 letter words containing chris
- antichrist — the antagonist of Christ, expected by early Christians to appear and reign over the world until overthrown at Christ's Second Coming
- christened — to receive into the Christian church by baptism; baptize.
- christhood — the state of being the Christ, the anointed one of God
- christless — being without the teachings or spirit of Christ; unchristian.
- christlike — resembling or showing the spirit of Jesus Christ
11 letter words containing chris
- antichrists — Plural form of antichrist.
- chrismation — a rite of initiation involving anointing with chrism and taking place at the same time as baptism
- chrismatory — a small receptacle containing the three kinds of consecrated oil used in the sacraments
- christcross — the mark of a cross formerly placed in front of the alphabet in hornbooks
- christendom — All the Christian people and countries in the world can be referred to as Christendom.
12 letter words containing chris
- christchurch — a city in New Zealand, on E South Island: manufacturing centre of a rich agricultural region; suffered major damage and loss of life in a series of earthquakes in 2010–11. Pop: 366 000 (2013 est)
- christenings — Plural form of christening.
- christianise — to make Christian.
- christianism — the beliefs and practices of Christians.
- christianite — (mineral) alternative name of phillipsite.
13 letter words containing chris
14 letter words containing chris
- christ's-thorn — any of certain Old World thorny shrubs or small trees supposed to have been used for Christ's crown of thorns, as the Jerusalem thorn, Paliurus spina-christi, or the jujube, Ziziphus jujuba.
- christiansburg — a town in SW Virginia.
- christmasberry — toyon.
- christocentric — having as the theological focal point the teachings and practices of Jesus Christ.
- dechristianize — to make non-Christian
15 letter words containing chris
- antichristianly — in an Antichristian manner
- christadelphian — a member of a Christian millenarian sect founded in the US about 1848, holding that only the just will enter eternal life, that the wicked will be annihilated, and that the ignorant, the unconverted, and infants will not be raised from the dead
- christcross-row — the alphabet.
- judeo-christian — of or relating to the religious writings, beliefs, values, or traditions held in common by Judaism and Christianity.
- unchristianlike — not like a Christian; not in accordance with Christian teaching and values
16 letter words containing chris
18 letter words containing chris
- dechristianization — The act of dechristianizing; the systematic removal of Christianity or Christian elements.
On this page, we collect all words with CHRIS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 173 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CHRIS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.