Words containing chond
8 letter words containing chond
- chondral — of or relating to cartilage
- chondria — a profusely branched red alga, Chondria tenuissima, of the Atlantic and Pacific coasts of North America.
- chondrin — a resilient translucent bluish-white substance that forms the matrix of cartilage
- chondro- — indicating cartilage
- chondrus — a protoctist genus that belongs to the family Gigartinaceae
9 letter words containing chond
- chondrify — to become or convert into cartilage
- chondrite — a stony meteorite consisting mainly of silicate minerals in the form of chondrules
- chondroid — cartilaginous or similar to cartilage
- chondroma — a benign cartilaginous growth or neoplasm
- chondrule — one of the small spherical masses of mainly silicate minerals present in chondrites
10 letter words containing chond
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- chondrites — Plural form of chondrite.
- chondritic — (geology) Of or pertaining to a chondrite.
- chondritis — a swelling and tenderness of cartilage
- chondromas — Plural form of chondroma.
11 letter words containing chond
- achondrites — Plural form of achondrite.
- achondritic — (geology) Of or pertaining to achondrite, a type of stony meteorite.
- chondrified — Simple past tense and past participle of chondrify.
- chondrocyte — A cell that makes up the tissue of cartilage.
- chondroitin — an element that is present in cartilage
12 letter words containing chond
13 letter words containing chond
- chondromatous — a benign cartilaginous tumor or growth.
- costochondral — (anatomy) Relating to ribs and cartilage.
- cyberchondria — unfounded anxiety concerning the state of one's health brought on by visiting health and medical websites
- enchondromata — Plural form of enchondroma.
- hypo-chondria — Also, hypochondriasis [hahy-poh-kuh n-drahy-uh-sis] /ˌhaɪ poʊ kənˈdraɪ ə sɪs/ (Show IPA). Psychiatry. an excessive preoccupation with one's health, usually focusing on some particular symptom, as cardiac or gastric problems.
14 letter words containing chond
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- chondrichthian — any member of the class Chondrichthyes, comprising the cartilaginous fishes.
- chondrocranium — the cartilaginous structure that, in early development, envelops the brain
- chondrogenesis — the growth of cartilage
- chondromalacia — degeneration of cartilage in the knee, usually caused by excessive wear between the patella and lower end of the femur.
15 letter words containing chond
- chondrosarcomas — Plural form of chondrosarcoma.
- chondroskeleton — the cartilaginous part of the skeleton of vertebrates
- costochondritis — (medicine) A benign inflammation of the costal cartilage, causing pain between the ribs.
- hypochondriacal — Also, hypochondriacal, H05/H0509000 hahy-poh-kuh n-drahy-uh-kuh l, ˌhaɪ poʊ kənˈdraɪ ə kəl. Psychiatry. pertaining to or suffering from hypochondria, an excessive preoccupation with and worry about one's health: The comedy is aimed at the hypochondriac demographic. produced by hypochondria: Hypochondriac feelings overwhelmed her.
- hypochondriases — Plural form of hypochondriasis.
16 letter words containing chond
- chondrodysplasia — (medicine) A genetic disorder characterized by short-limbed dwarfism.
17 letter words containing chond
- hypochondriacally — In a hypochondriacal manner.
On this page, we collect all words with CHOND. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 65 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CHOND that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.