Words containing chloro
7 letter words containing chloro
- chloro- — indicating the colour green
8 letter words containing chloro
9 letter words containing chloro
- chlorosis — a disorder, formerly common in adolescent girls, characterized by pale greenish-yellow skin, weakness, and palpitation and caused by insufficient iron in the body
- chlorotic — an abnormally yellow color of plant tissues, resulting from partial failure to develop chlorophyll, caused by a nutrient deficiency or the activities of a pathogen.
10 letter words containing chloro
- chlorodyne — a drug, containing chloroform among other ingredients, with sedative, narcotic and pain-relieving properties
- chloroform — Chloroform is a colourless liquid with a strong sweet smell, which makes you unconscious if you breathe its vapour.
- chlorophyl — Alternative form of chlorophyll.
- prochloron — any spherical, photosynthetic, prokaryotic microorganism of the genus Prochloron, occurring in subtropical and tropical habitats in symbiosis with various invertebrates, especially marine chordates, proposed as ancestral to the chloroplast of green algae and plants.
11 letter words containing chloro
- chlorophyll — Chlorophyll is a green substance in plants which enables them to use the energy from sunlight in order to grow.
- chlorophyte — A lower plant of the division Chlorophyta, which comprises the green algae.
- chloroplast — a plastid containing chlorophyll and other pigments, occurring in plants and algae that carry out photosynthesis
- chloroprene — a colourless liquid derivative of butadiene that is used in making neoprene rubbers; 2-chloro-1,2-butadiene. Formula: CH2:CHCCl:CH2
- chloroquine — a synthetic drug administered orally to treat malaria. Formula: C18H26ClN3
12 letter words containing chloro
- chloroacetic — an acid made by chlorinating acetic acid
- chlorocarbon — a chemical compound containing carbon and chlorine, as carbon tetrachloride, or containing carbon, chlorine, and hydrogen, as chloroform.
- chloroethane — ethyl chloride.
- chloroethene — vinyl chloride.
- chloroformed — Simple past tense and past participle of chloroform.
13 letter words containing chloro
- chloroacetone — a colorless, lachrymatory, poisonous liquid, C 3 H 5 ClO, used chiefly in organic synthesis and in the manufacture of insecticides and perfumes.
- chlorobenzene — a colourless volatile flammable insoluble liquid with an almond-like odour, made from chlorine and benzene and used as a solvent and in the preparation of many organic compounds, esp phenol and DDT. Formula: C6H5Cl
- chlorobromide — a chlorine and bromine compound joined to a metal
- chlorocruorin — an oxygen-carrying substance that is found in the tissues of members of the division Annelida that is green in colour when oxygen is not present
- chloroforming — Present participle of chloroform.
14 letter words containing chloro
- chloroargyrite — a greyish-yellow or colourless soft secondary mineral consisting of silver chloride in cubic crystalline form: a source of silver. Formula: AgCl
- chlorochromate — (inorganic chemistry) The univalent anion CrClO3-, or any salt containing this anion.
- chloroethylene — vinyl chloride.
- chlorophyllase — an enzyme found in plants that decomposes chlorophyll by removing the phytol chain.
- chlorophyllous — of or containing chlorophyll.
15 letter words containing chloro
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- dichlorobenzene — any of a group of three insoluble isomeric chemical compounds used in solvents, insecticides, and dyes
- dichloromethane — a noxious colourless liquid widely used as a solvent, e.g. in paint strippers. Formula: CH2Cl2
- epichlorohydrin — an organic compound used as a solvent in resin-making
- hexachlorophene — a white, crystalline powder, C 13 Cl 6 H 6 O 2 , insoluble in water: used as an antibacterial agent chiefly in toothpastes and soaps.
16 letter words containing chloro
- chlorophenothane — DDT.
- dichlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) Either of twelve isomers of the polychlorinated biphenyl containing two chlorine atoms.
- hexachloroethane — a colorless crystalline compound, C 2 Cl 6 , with a camphorlike odor, soluble in alcohol and ether, insoluble in water: used in organic synthesis and pyrotechnics, as a retarding agent in fermentation, and as a solvent.
- perchloromethane — carbon tetrachloride.
- trichloromethane — chloroform (def 1).
17 letter words containing chloro
- chloronaphthalene — either of two isomeric naphthalene compounds containing one chlorine atom.
- pentachlorophenol — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble powder, C 6 Cl 5 OH, used chiefly in fungicides, disinfectants, and wood preservatives.
- perchloroethylene — tetrachloroethylene.
- trichloroethylene — a colorless, poisonous liquid, C 2 HCl 3 , used chiefly as a degreasing agent for metals and as a solvent, especially in dry cleaning, for fats, oils, and waxes. Abbreviation: TCE.
18 letter words containing chloro
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- chlorobromomethane — a clear, colorless, volatile, nonflammable liquid, CH 2 ClBr, used chiefly as an extinguishing agent in fire extinguishers and as a solvent in organic synthesis.
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
19 letter words containing chloro
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- chlorofluorocarbons — Plural form of chlorofluorocarbon.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- heptachlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) Either of twenty-four isomers of the polychlorinated biphenyl containing seven chlorine atoms.
- hydrochlorothiazide — a crystalline, water-insoluble powder, C 7 H 8 ClN 3 O 4 S 2 , used as a diuretic and in the treatment of hypertension.
20 letter words containing chloro
- bacteriochlorophylls — Plural form of bacteriochlorophyll.
- meta-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a fumigant and insecticide.
- para-dichlorobenzene — a white, crystalline, volatile, water-insoluble solid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , of the benzene series, having a penetrating odor: used chiefly as a moth repellent.
21 letter words containing chloro
- hexachlorocyclohexane — (chemistry) A six-chlorine substituted cyclohexane, a polyhalogenated compound used in pesticides.
- ortho-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid with a pleasant odor, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , used as a solvent for a wide range of organic materials.
- trichloroacetaldehyde — chloral (def 1).
- trichloronitromethane — chloropicrin.
22 letter words containing chloro
23 letter words containing chloro
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- fluorochlorohydrocarbon — (organic chemistry) Any compound formally derived from a hydrocarbon by replacing some hydrogen atoms with fluorine and some with chlorine (at least one being retained).
- hydrochlorofluorocarbon — Any of a class of inert compounds of carbon, hydrogen, hydrocarbons, chlorine, and fluorine, used in place of chlorofluorocarbons as being somewhat less destructive to the ozone layer.
- pentachloronitrobenzene — a crystalline compound, C 6 Cl 5 NO 2 , used as an herbicide and insecticide. Abbreviation: PCNB.
24 letter words containing chloro
- hydrochlorofluorocarbons — Plural form of hydrochlorofluorocarbon.
30 letter words containing chloro
- dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane — (organic chemistry) An organochlorine insecticide that is a metabolite of DDT.
31 letter words containing chloro
On this page, we collect all words with CHLORO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 125 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CHLORO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.