Words containing chan
5 letter words containing chan
- achan — a member of the tribe of Judah who, with his family, was stoned to death for stealing forbidden spoils. Josh. 7:19–26.
- chana — (in Indian cookery) a chickpea
- chanc — Chancellor
- chang — largest river and chief commercial highway of China, flowing from Tibet into the East China Sea near Shanghai: 3,964 mi (6,379 km)
- chank — a large sea conch found off the shores of India and Sri Lanka, used as a horn or to make ornaments
6 letter words containing chan
- buchan — John, 1st Baron Tweedsmuir. 1875–1940, Scottish statesman, historian, and writer of adventure stories, esp The Thirty-Nine Steps (1915) and Greenmantle (1916); governor general of Canada (1935–40)
- chance — If there is a chance of something happening, it is possible that it will happen.
- chancy — Something that is chancy involves a lot of risk or uncertainty.
- chanel — Gabrielle (ɡabriɛl), known as Coco Chanel. 1883–1971, French couturière and perfumer, who created "the little black dress" and the perfume Chanel No. 5
- chaney — Lon [lon] /lɒn/ (Show IPA), 1883–1930, U.S. film actor.
7 letter words containing chan
- banchan — Small dishes of food served with cooked rice in Korean cuisine.
- barchan — a crescent-shaped shifting sand dune, convex on the windward side and steeper and concave on the leeward
- brochan — a type of thin porridge
- chanaan — Canaan (def 4).
- chanced — Simple past tense and past participle of chance.
8 letter words containing chan
9 letter words containing chan
- archangel — In the Jewish, Christian, and Muslim religions, an archangel is an angel of the highest rank.
- astrachan — a fur of young lambs, with lustrous, closely curled wool, from Astrakhan.
- bacchanal — a follower of Bacchus
- bacchante — a priestess or female votary of Bacchus
- bacchants — Plural form of bacchant.
10 letter words containing chan
- antichange — Opposing change.
- archangels — Plural form of archangel.
- bacchanals — Plural form of bacchanal.
- bacchantes — Plural form of bacchant.
- chanceless — the absence of any cause of events that can be predicted, understood, or controlled: often personified or treated as a positive agency: Chance governs all.
11 letter words containing chan
- archangelic — Theology. a chief or principal angel; in medieval angelology one of the nine orders of celestial attendants on God. Compare angel (def 1).
- autochanger — a device in a record player or CD player that enables a small stack of records or CDs to be dropped automatically onto the turntable or player tray one at a time and played separately
- bacchanalia — orgiastic rites associated with Bacchus
- backchannel — an unofficial or covert means of conveying information, originally or esp in political or diplomatic circles
- brochantite — a mineral, hydrous copper sulfate, Cu 4 (OH) 6 SO 4 , occurring in green fibrous masses and similar in physical properties to antlerite: formerly a major ore of copper.
12 letter words containing chan
- aeromechanic — an aircraft mechanic
- autochangers — Plural form of autochanger.
- bacchanalian — characterized by or involving drunken revelry
- biomechanics — the study of the mechanics of the movement of living organisms
- chandannagar — port in NE India, near Kolkata: formerly a French dependency, it became part of the republic of India in 1950: pop. 120,000
13 letter words containing chan
- aeromechanics — the mechanics of gases, esp air
- antimechanist — opposed to mechanistic philosophy
- automechanism — an automatic mechanical system or component, especially a device that operates automatically under predetermined conditions.
- biomechanical — relating to biomechanics
- chance-medley — a sudden quarrel in which one party kills another; unintentional but not blameless killing
14 letter words containing chan
- chancellorship — The chancellorship is the position of chancellor. Someone's chancellorship is the period of time when they are chancellor.
- change-ringing — the art of bell-ringing in which a set of bells is rung in an established order which is then changed
- changeableness — The condition of being changeable.
- changelessness — The state or quality of being changeless.
- channelization — the action or process of channelizing
15 letter words containing chan
- bacchanalianism — the practice of bacchanalian behaviour; drunken revelry
- biomechanically — from a biomechanical point of view
- channel-hopping — Channel-hopping means switching quickly between different television channels because you are looking for something interesting to watch.
- channel-surfing — Channel-surfing is the same as channel-hopping.
- chantilly-sauce — a town in N France, N of Paris: lace manufacture.
16 letter words containing chan
- chancellorsville — hamlet in NE Va. (now called Chancellor): site of a Civil War battle (May, 1863) won by Confederate forces
- electromechanics — the engineering aspects of devices that are controlled by either static or magnetic electric charges
- mechanochemistry — the field of chemistry that deals with the direct conversion of chemical into mechanical energy.
- mechanoreception — The action of a mechanoreceptor.
- mechanoreceptive — Responsive to mechanical stimuli such as sound and touch.
17 letter words containing chan
- court-of-chancery — chancery (def 4a).
- electromechanical — Of, relating to, or denoting a mechanical device that is electrically operated.
- intertrochanteric — (anatomy) Between the two trochanters of the femur.
- mechanoelectrical — Describing the production of electricity by mechanical motion; especially in a transducer.
18 letter words containing chan
19 letter words containing chan
20 letter words containing chan
- mechanical-impedance — Electricity. the total opposition to alternating current by an electric circuit, equal to the square root of the sum of the squares of the resistance and reactance of the circuit and usually expressed in ohms. Symbol: Z.
On this page, we collect all words with CHAN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 805 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CHAN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.