Words containing cha
4 letter words containing cha
- chad — the small pieces of cardboard or paper removed during the punching of holes in computer printer paper, paper tape, etc
- chai — tea, esp as made in India with added spices
- cham — a member of a people of Indonesian stock living in Cambodia and central Vietnam
- chan — Zen (def 1).
- chap — A chap is a man or boy.
5 letter words containing cha
6 letter words containing cha
- achaea — a department of Greece, in the N Peloponnese. Capital: Patras. Pop: 318 928 (2001). Area: 3209 sq km (1239 sq miles)
- ascham — Roger. ?1515–68, English humanist writer and classical scholar: tutor to Queen Elizabeth I
- bechar — a city in NW Algeria: an oasis. Pop: 149 000 (2005 est)
- betcha — I bet you
- bichat — Marie François Xavier [ma-ree frahn-swa gza-vyey] /maˈri frɑ̃ˈswa gzaˈvyeɪ/ (Show IPA), 1771–1802, French physician.
7 letter words containing cha
8 letter words containing cha
- archaean — any member of the Archaea, a domain of prokaryotic microorganisms, distinguished from bacteria on molecular phylogenetic grounds and often found in hostile environments, such as volcanic vents and hot springs
- archaeo- — indicating ancient or primitive time or condition
- archaeon — A microorganism, physically resembling a bacterium, of the kingdom Archaea.
- archaism — the adoption or imitation of something archaic, such as a word or an artistic or literary style
- archaist — something archaic, as a word or expression.
9 letter words containing cha
- achalasia — failure of the cardiac sphincter of the oesophagus to relax, resulting in difficulty in swallowing
- anacharis — a genus of water plant native to North America and commonly used in aquariums
- aniakchak — an active volcanic crater in SW Alaska, on the Alaska Peninsula: the largest explosion crater in the world. Height: 1347 m (4420 ft). Diameter: 9 km (6 miles)
- archaeol. — archaeology
- archangel — In the Jewish, Christian, and Muslim religions, an archangel is an angel of the highest rank.
10 letter words containing cha
- achaemenes — flourished 7th century b.c, Persian king: traditional founder of the Achaemenid dynasty.
- achaemenid — any member of a Persian dynasty of kings, including Cyrus the Great, that ruled from about 550 to 331 bc, when Darius III was overthrown by Alexander the Great
- acronychal — occurring at sunset
- afro-chain — (in the Caribbean) a large chain necklace with a central pendant: usually worn with a dashiki by men
- altrincham — a residential town in NW England, in Trafford unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 40 695 (2001)
11 letter words containing cha
- achaemenian — of or relating to the Achaemenids or their language, as recorded in cuneiform inscriptions.
- amphitricha — bacteria that have flagella at both ends
- antechamber — An antechamber is a small room leading into a larger room.
- archaeocyte — (in sponges) a type of amoebocyte capable of developing into other types of cells, especially reproductive cells.
- archaeology — Archaeology is the study of the societies and peoples of the past by examining the remains of their buildings, tools, and other objects.
12 letter words containing cha
- aeromechanic — an aircraft mechanic
- approachable — If you describe someone as approachable, you think that they are friendly and easy to talk to.
- archaeometry — the use of science and modern technology in archaeology to examine and interpret archaeological remains
- bacchanalian — characterized by or involving drunken revelry
- beaumarchais — Pierre Augustin Caron de (pjɛr oɡystɛ̃ karɔ̃ də). 1732–99, French dramatist, noted for his comedies The Barber of Seville (1775) and The Marriage of Figaro (1784)
13 letter words containing cha
- aeromechanics — the mechanics of gases, esp air
- amphitrichate — having a single flagellum at each end.
- archaeobotany — the analysis and interpretation of plant remains found at archaeological sites
- archaeologist — a specialist in archaeology, the scientific study of prehistoric peoples and their cultures by analysis of their artifacts, inscriptions, monuments, etc.
- archaeopteryx — any of several extinct primitive birds constituting the genus Archaeopteryx, esp A. lithographica, which occurred in Jurassic times and had teeth, a long tail, well-developed wings, and a body covering of feathers
14 letter words containing cha
- archaebacteria — (formerly) a group of microorganisms now regarded as members of the Archaea
- archaeocyathid — one of the marine invertebrates of the extinct phylum Archaeocyatha, widely distributed during the Cambrian Period, having a limy, typically conical or cylindrical skeleton composed of sievelike inner and outer walls.
- archaeological — of or relating to archaeology.
- ball-and-chain — a heavy iron ball fastened by a chain to a prisoner's leg.
- bechamel-sauce — a white sauce, sometimes seasoned with onion and nutmeg.
15 letter words containing cha
- aix-la-chapelle — Aachen
- approachability — capable of being approached; accessible.
- chairpersonship — a person who presides over a meeting, committee, board, etc.
- champs-elysées — a major boulevard in Paris, leading from the Arc de Triomphe: site of the Elysée Palace and government offices
- chantilly-sauce — a town in N France, N of Paris: lace manufacture.
16 letter words containing cha
- anti-patriarchal — of or relating to a patriarch, the male head of a family, tribe, community, church, order, etc.: my father's conservative, patriarchal ways.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- archaeoastronomy — the scientific study of the beliefs and practices concerning astronomy that existed in ancient and prehistoric civilizations
- archaeomagnetism — an archaeological technique for dating certain clay objects by measuring the extent to which they have been magnetized by the earth's magnetic field
- astroarchaeology — archaeoastronomy.
17 letter words containing cha
- chalon-sur-saône — an industrial city in E central France, on the Saône River. Pop: 50 124 (1999)
- champagne-ardenne — a region of NE France: a countship and commercial centre in medieval times; it consists of a great plain, with sheep and dairy farms and many vineyards
- characterizations — portrayal; description: the actor's characterization of a politician.
- charente-maritime — a department of W France, in Poitou-Charentes region. Capital: La Rochelle. Pop: 576 855 (2003 est). Area: 7232 sq km (2820 sq miles)
- court-of-chancery — chancery (def 4a).
18 letter words containing cha
- characteristically — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
- chukchi-kamchatkan — Chukotian.
- interchangeability — (of two things) capable of being put or used in the place of each other: interchangeable symbols.
- lipopolysaccharide — any of a class of polysaccharides to which lipids are attached.
- mucopolysaccharide — (formerly) glycosaminoglycan.
19 letter words containing cha
20 letter words containing cha
- mechanical-impedance — Electricity. the total opposition to alternating current by an electric circuit, equal to the square root of the sum of the squares of the resistance and reactance of the circuit and usually expressed in ohms. Symbol: Z.
21 letter words containing cha
22 letter words containing cha
- charleville-mézières — twin towns on opposite sides of the River Meuse in NE France. Pop: 55 490 (1999)
On this page, we collect all words with CHA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3429 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CHA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.