Words containing ceph
7 letter words containing ceph
8 letter words containing ceph
- -cephaly — a (specified) characteristic or condition of the head
- acephate — a white solid compound, C 4 H 10 NO 3 PS, used as an insecticide against a wide range of plant pests, including aphids, budworms, and tent caterpillars.
- cephalad — towards the head or anterior part
- cephalic — of or relating to the head
- cephalin — a phospholipid, similar to lecithin, that occurs in the nerve tissue and brain
9 letter words containing ceph
10 letter words containing ceph
- -cephalous — having a (specified) kind of head or number of heads; -cephalic
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- bucephalus — the favourite horse of Alexander the Great
- cephalalgy — Dated form of cephalalgia.
- cephalexin — a cephalosporin antibiotic prescribed for mild infections of the skin, ears, throat, lungs, or urinary tract
11 letter words containing ceph
- acrocephaly — oxycephaly
- anencephaly — congenital malformation of the skull with absence of all or part of the brain
- autocephaly — the state of being autocephalous.
- bicephalous — having two heads
- cebocephaly — A developmental anomaly of the head, characterized by a monkey-like head with a defective small, flattened nose with a single nostril or absent nose and closely set eyes.
12 letter words containing ceph
- anencephalic — born with no or only a partial brain
- brachycephal — a person with a brachycephalic head
- cebocephalic — Exhibiting or relating to cebocephaly.
- cephalically — in relation to the head or near the head
- cephalometer — an instrument for positioning the human head for X-ray examination in cephalometry
13 letter words containing ceph
- anencephalous — congenital absence of part or all of the brain.
- autocephalous — (of an Eastern Christian Church) governed by its own national synods and appointing its own patriarchs or prelates
- cephalization — (in the evolution of animals) development of a head by the concentration of feeding and sensory organs and nervous tissue at the anterior end
- cephalometric — Relating to cephalometrics.
- cephalopodous — of, belonging to or relating to a cephalopod
14 letter words containing ceph
- androcephalous — having a human head
- archencephalon — the primitive forebrain region of the embryo, anterior to the notochord, that gives rise to the midbrain and forebrain.
- brachycephalic — having a head nearly as broad from side to side as from front to back, esp one with a cephalic index over 80
- cephalhematoma — Alt form cephalohematoma.
- cephalometrics — The measurement and analysis of the craniofacial area, especially as an aid to dental or orthodontic procedures.
15 letter words containing ceph
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- brachiocephalic — of, relating to, or supplying the arm and head
- cephalochordate — any chordate animal of the subphylum Cephalochordata, having a fishlike body and no vertebral column; lancelet
- cephalohematoma — A hemorrhage of blood between the skull and periosteum of a newborn baby secondary to rupture of blood vessels crossing the periosteum.
- cephalothoracic — the anterior part of the body in certain arachnids and crustaceans, consisting of the coalesced head and thorax.
16 letter words containing ceph
- acanthocephalans — Plural form of acanthocephalan.
- dolichocephalism — (medicine) The quality or condition of being dolichocephalic.
- encephalitogenic — That can cause encephalitis.
- encephalographic — Relating to, or employing encephalography.
- encephalomalacia — (medicine) A localized softening of the brain substance, due to hemorrhage or inflammation.
17 letter words containing ceph
- echoencephalogram — a graphic record produced by an echoencephalograph.
- encephalomyelitic — Relating to encephalomyelitis.
- encephalomyelitis — Inflammation of the brain and spinal cord, typically due to acute viral infection.
- polioencephalitis — a disease characterized by inflammation of the gray matter of the brain.
18 letter words containing ceph
- echoencephalograph — a device that employs reflected ultrasonic waves to examine the position of brain structures.
19 letter words containing ceph
- echoencephalography — a device that employs reflected ultrasonic waves to examine the position of brain structures.
- leukoencephalopathy — (medicine) Any disease that effects the white matter of the brain.
- meningoencephalitic — Relating to meningoencephalitis.
- meningoencephalitis — Inflammation of the membranes of the brain and the adjoining cerebral tissue.
- pneumoencephalogram — an encephalogram made after the replacement of the cerebrospinal fluid by air or gas, rarely used since the development of the CAT scanner.
20 letter words containing ceph
21 letter words containing ceph
22 letter words containing ceph
23 letter words containing ceph
- electroencephalographer — A specialist in electroencephalography.
- electroencephalographic — Of or pertaining to electroencephalography or electroencephalographs.
- magneto-encephalography — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
- micropachycephalosaurus — A very small pachycephalosaurid, ornithischian dinosaur of the genus Micropachycephalosaurus.
27 letter words containing ceph
- electroencephalographically — In an electroencephalographic way.
On this page, we collect all words with CEPH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 209 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CEPH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.