Words containing cen
4 letter words containing cen
5 letter words containing cen
6 letter words containing cen
- accend — to set alight, to ignite
- accent — Someone who speaks with a particular accent pronounces the words of a language in a distinctive way that shows which country, region, or social class they come from.
- ascend — If you ascend a hill or staircase, you go up it.
- ascent — An ascent is an upward journey, especially when you are walking or climbing.
- cendal — a silk fabric in use during the Middle Ages.
7 letter words containing cen
8 letter words containing cen
- abducens — abducens nerve.
- abducent — (of a muscle) abducting
- accended — Simple past tense and past participle of accend.
- accented — Language or speech that is accented is spoken with a particular accent.
- accentor — any small sparrow-like songbird of the genus Prunella, family Prunellidae, which inhabit mainly mountainous regions of Europe and Asia
9 letter words containing cen
- accending — Present participle of accend.
- accenting — prominence of a syllable in terms of differential loudness, or of pitch, or length, or of a combination of these.
- accentual — of, relating to, or having accents; rhythmic
- acescence — The quality of being acescent; the process of acetous fermentation; a moderate degree of sourness.
- adjacency — the quality or state of being adjacent; nearness
10 letter words containing cen
- accentless — having no accent
- accentuate — To accentuate something means to emphasize it or make it more noticeable.
- accrescent — (of a calyx or other part) continuing to grow after flowering
- adjacently — lying near, close, or contiguous; adjoining; neighboring: a motel adjacent to the highway.
- adolescent — Adolescent is used to describe young people who are no longer children but who have not yet become adults. It also refers to their behaviour.
11 letter words containing cen
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
- accentually — of or relating to accent or stress.
- accentuated — to give emphasis or prominence to.
- accentuates — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of accentuate.
- accentuator — Electronics. a circuit or network inserted to provide less loss or greater gain to certain frequencies in an audio spectrum, as a preemphasis spectrum.
12 letter words containing cen
- accentuating — to give emphasis or prominence to.
- accentuation — an act or instance of accentuating.
- acenaphthene — (organic compound) A hydrocarbon, found in coal tar, derived from naphthalene by the addition of a short aliphatic bridge.
- acenesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- acquiescence — Acquiescence is agreement to do what someone wants, or acceptance of what they do even though you do not agree with it.
13 letter words containing cen
- acquiescently — disposed to acquiesce or consent tacitly.
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
- adultolescent — a young adult or middle-aged person who has interests, traits, etc., that are usually associated with teenagers.
- amniocenteses — Plural form of amniocentesis.
- amniocentesis — If a pregnant woman has an amniocentesis, fluid is removed from her womb in order to check that her unborn baby is not affected by certain genetic disorders.
14 letter words containing cen
- anticensorship — opposed to a policy or programme of censoring
- arthrocentesis — The clinical procedure of using a syringe to collect synovial fluid from a joint capsule, used in the diagnosis of gout, arthritis, and synovial infections.
- benzanthracene — a carcinogenic hydrocarbon
- bioluminescent — the production of light by living organisms.
- cardiocentesis — surgical puncture of the heart
15 letter words containing cen
- anthropocentric — regarding man as the most important and central factor in the universe
- anti-censorship — the act or practice of censoring.
- autofluorescent — Of, pertaining to, or exhibiting autofluorescence.
- barycentrically — In a barycentric manner.
- bioluminescence — the production of light by living organisms as a result of the oxidation of a light-producing substance (luciferin) by the enzyme luciferase: occurs in many marine organisms, insects such as the firefly, etc
16 letter words containing cen
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- autofluorescence — (biology, microscopy) Self-induced fluorescence.
- chemiluminescent — Of, pertaining to, or employing chemiluminescence.
- chemoluminescent — (chemistry) Exhibiting chemoluminescence.
17 letter words containing cen
- acenaphthoquinone — (organic compound) A polycyclic aromatic quinone derived from acenaphthene, used as an intermediate for the manufacturing of dyes, pharmaceuticals and pesticides.
- behind-the-scenes — If something is done behind the scenes, it is done secretly rather than publicly.
- chemiluminescence — the phenomenon in which a chemical reaction leads to the emission of light without incandescence
- chemoluminescence — (chemistry) The emission of light as the result of a chemical reaction.
- condescendingness — The state or quality of being condescending.
18 letter words containing cen
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- electroluminescent — Having the quality of electroluminescence.
- hyperconcentration — the act of concentrating; the state of being concentrated.
- immunofluorescence — any of various techniques for detecting an antigen or antibody in a sample by coupling its specifically interactive antibody or antigen to a fluorescent compound, mixing with the sample, and observing the reaction under an ultraviolet-light microscope.
- self-transcendence — the quality or state of being transcendent.
19 letter words containing cen
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- electroluminescence — Luminescence produced electrically, especially in a phosphor by the application of a voltage.
- over-centralization — the act or fact of centralizing; fact of being centralized.
21 letter words containing cen
- thermophosphorescence — thermoluminescence.
22 letter words containing cen
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
25 letter words containing cen
- transcendental-philosophy — transcendental character, thought, or language.
On this page, we collect all words with CEN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1809 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CEN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.