Words containing cel
3 letter words containing cel
- cel — a transparent celluloid sheet on which a character, scene, etc., is drawn or painted and which constitutes one frame in the filming of an animated cartoon: may be overlapped for change of background or foreground.
4 letter words containing cel
- cela — Camilo José (kaˈmilo xoˈse). 1916–2002, Spanish novelist and essayist. His works include The Family of Pascual Duarte (1942), La Colmena (1951), and La Cruz de San Andrés (1994). Nobel prize for literature 1989
- cell — A cell is the smallest part of an animal or plant that is able to function independently. Every animal or plant is made up of millions of cells.
- celp — (language) Computationally Extended Logic Programming.
- cels — Plural form of cel.
- celt — If you describe someone as a Celt, you mean that they are part of the racial group which comes from Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and some other areas such as Brittany.
5 letter words containing cel
6 letter words containing cel
- accel. — accelerando
- b-cell — any of the lymphocytes not derived from the thymus, that mature in the bone marrow and help to build antibodies
- cancel — If you cancel something that has been arranged, you stop it from happening. If you cancel an order for goods or services, you tell the person or organization supplying them that you no longer wish to receive them.
- carcel — a former French unit of light equal to about 9.74 candelas
- celaya — a city in central Mexico, in Guanajuato state: market town, famous for its sweetmeats; textile-manufacturing. Pop: 727 000 (2005 est)
7 letter words containing cel
- arcella — a genus of freshwater, ameboid protozoa that secrete a hard, umbrellalike shell having a single opening through which the pseudopodia extend.
- cancell — Obsolete spelling of cancel.
- cancels — Plural form of cancel.
- celadon — a type of porcelain having a greyish-green glaze: mainly Chinese
- celaeno — one of the Pleiades
8 letter words containing cel
- aceldama — the place near Jerusalem that was bought with the 30 pieces of silver paid to Judas for betraying Jesus (Matthew 27:8; Acts 1:19)
- barbicel — any of the minute hooks on the barbules of feathers that interlock with those of adjacent barbules
- bracelet — A bracelet is a chain or band, usually made of metal, which you wear around your wrist as jewellery.
- brucella — any of a genus of nonmotile bacteria that cause brucellosis
- bucellas — a Portuguese white wine
9 letter words containing cel
- acellular — not made up of or containing cells
- barbicels — Plural form of barbicel.
- barcelona — the chief port of Spain, on the NE Mediterranean coast: seat of the Republican government during the Civil War (1936–39); the commercial capital of Spain. Pop: 1 582 738 (2003 est)
- bracelets — a slang name for handcuffs
- cancelbot — a computer program that deletes unwanted mailings to internet usergroups
10 letter words containing cel
- accelerant — accelerating
- accelerate — If the process or rate of something accelerates or if something accelerates it, it gets faster and faster.
- biocellate — (of animals and plants) marked with two eyelike spots or ocelli
- botticelli — Sandro (ˈsandro), original name Alessandro di Mariano Filipepi. 1444–1510, Italian (Florentine) painter, illustrator, and engraver, noted for the graceful outlines and delicate details of his mythological and religious paintings
- bubonocele — an incomplete hernia in the groin; partial inguinal hernia
11 letter words containing cel
- accelerando — (to be performed) with increasing speed
- accelerants — Plural form of accelerant.
- accelerated — Simple past tense and past participle of accelerate.
- accelerates — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of accelerate.
- accelerator — The accelerator in a car or other vehicle is the pedal which you press with your foot in order to make the vehicle go faster.
12 letter words containing cel
13 letter words containing cel
- accelerations — Plural form of acceleration.
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- anticellulite — acting against cellulite
- cancellariate — the office of chancellor
14 letter words containing cel
15 letter words containing cel
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- alpha-cellulose — a refined, insoluble form of cellulose derived from cotton or wood pulp, and used in manufacturing
- celo-navigation — celestial navigation.
- defencelessness — The state or condition of being defenceless.
- extracellularly — In an extracellular manner.
16 letter words containing cel
- chancellorsville — hamlet in NE Va. (now called Chancellor): site of a Civil War battle (May, 1863) won by Confederate forces
- cystourethrocele — A urethrocele occurring with a cystocele.
- meningomyelocele — (medicine) A congenital defect of the central nervous system of infants in which membranes and the spinal cord protrude through an opening or defect in the vertebral column.
- multicellularity — The condition of being multicellular.
- myelomeningocele — (pathology) A form of spina bifida characterized by protrusion of the spinal meninges.
17 letter words containing cel
18 letter words containing cel
- domremy-la-pucelle — a village in Lorraine, NE France, SW of Nancy: birthplace of Joan of Arc.
22 letter words containing cel
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
On this page, we collect all words with CEL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 851 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CEL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.