Words containing ce
3 letter words containing ce
- ace — An ace is a playing card with a single symbol on it. In most card games, the ace of a particular suit has either the highest or the lowest value of the cards in that suit.
- bce — Non-Christians often use BCE instead of BC in dates. BCE indicates a number of years or centuries before the year in which Jesus Christ is believed to have been born. BCE is an abbreviation for 'before the Common Era.' Compare AD, , BC.
- cea — carcinoembryonic antigen
- cee — the letter C
- cel — a transparent celluloid sheet on which a character, scene, etc., is drawn or painted and which constitutes one frame in the filming of an animated cartoon: may be overlapped for change of background or foreground.
4 letter words containing ce
- aced — a playing card or die marked with or having the value indicated by a single spot: He dealt me four aces in the first hand.
- aceh — an autonomous region of N Indonesia, in N Sumatra; mountainous with rain forests; scene of separatist conflict since the late 1990s; coastal areas suffered badly in the Indian Ocean tsunami of December 2004. Capital: Banda Aceh. Pop: 3 930 905 (2000). Area: 55 392 sq km (21 381 sq miles)
- acer — any tree or shrub of the genus Acer, often cultivated for their brightly coloured foliage
- aces — a playing card or die marked with or having the value indicated by a single spot: He dealt me four aces in the first hand.
- arce — a daughter of Thaumas and the sister of Iris and the Harpies. Zeus took away her wings when she aided the Titans in their war against him.
5 letter words containing ce
6 letter words containing ce
- abduce — to abduct
- accede — If you accede to someone's request, you do what they ask.
- accel. — accelerando
- accent — Someone who speaks with a particular accent pronounces the words of a language in a distinctive way that shows which country, region, or social class they come from.
- accept — If you accept something that you have been offered, you say yes to it or agree to take it.
7 letter words containing ce
8 letter words containing ce
9 letter words containing ce
- abecedary — abecedarian.
- aberrance — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- abondance — (card games) Alternative form of abundance.
- abscessed — a localized collection of pus in the tissues of the body, often accompanied by swelling and inflammation and frequently caused by bacteria.
- abundance — An abundance of something is a large quantity of it.
10 letter words containing ce
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
- about-face — An about-face is a complete change of attitude or opinion.
- absorbance — a measure of the light-absorbing ability of an object, expressed as the logarithm to base 10 of the reciprocal of the internal transmittance
- abstinence — Abstinence is the practice of abstaining from something such as alcoholic drink or sex, often for health or religious reasons.
- accelerant — accelerating
11 letter words containing ce
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
12 letter words containing ce
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accelerative — of, causing, or increasing acceleration
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
- accentuating — to give emphasis or prominence to.
13 letter words containing ce
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
14 letter words containing ce
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- alpha-receptor — a site on a cell that, upon interaction with epinephrine or norepinephrine, controls vasoconstriction, intestinal relaxation, pupil dilation, and other physiological processes.
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
15 letter words containing ce
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- aix-en-provence — a city and spa in SE France: the medieval capital of Provence. Pop: 145 721 (2006)
16 letter words containing ce
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
17 letter words containing ce
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- behind-the-scenes — If something is done behind the scenes, it is done secretly rather than publicly.
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
- bouncebackability — the ability to recover after a setback, esp in sport
- cardioaccelerator — a substance that increases the heart rate.
18 letter words containing ce
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
19 letter words containing ce
20 letter words containing ce
22 letter words containing ce
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
23 letter words containing ce
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
On this page, we collect all words with CE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 13624 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.