Words containing cau
4 letter words containing cau
- cauf — a cage used by fishermen for holding live fish in the water
- caul — a portion of the amniotic sac sometimes covering a child's head at birth
- caup — a gift given by a man to his master for his keeping and protection
- caus — causative
- caut — (obsolete, done by a panther) Emit a call in the manner of a panther.
5 letter words containing cau
- bacau — a city in E Romania on the River Bistrila: oil refining, textiles, paper. Pop: 128 000 (2005 est)
- cauca — a river in W Colombia, rising in the northwest and flowing north to the Magdalena River. Length: about 1350 km (840 miles)
- cauda — the area behind the anus of an animal; tail
- caulk — If you caulk something such as a boat, you fill small cracks in its surface in order to prevent it from leaking.
- cauls — a form or plate for pressing a veneer or veneers being glued to a backing or to each other.
6 letter words containing cau
- 'cause — 'Cause is an informal way of saying because.
- caucho — rubber obtained from the latex of any of several tropical American trees of the genus Castilla, especially C. elastica, of Central America.
- cauchy — Augustin Louis (oɡystɛ̃ lwi), Baron Cauchy. 1789–1857, French mathematician, noted for his work on the theory of functions and the wave theory of light
- caucus — A caucus is a group of people within an organization who share similar aims and interests or who have a lot of influence.
- caudad — towards the tail or posterior part
7 letter words containing cau
8 letter words containing cau
- acaudate — (biology, zoology) Tailless.
- acauline — having no stem
- bicaudal — having two tails
- caucasia — a region in SW Russia, Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan, between the Caspian Sea and the Black Sea: contains the Caucasus Mountains, dividing it into Ciscaucasia in the north and Transcaucasia in the south; one of the most complex ethnic areas in the world, with over 50 different peoples
- caucasic — Anthropology. (no longer in technical use) of, relating to, or characteristic of one of the traditional racial divisions of humankind, marked by fair to dark skin, straight to tightly curled hair, and light to very dark eyes, and originally inhabiting Europe, parts of North Africa, western Asia, and India.
9 letter words containing cau
- bicaudate — having two tails or taillike appendages.
- caucasian — A Caucasian person is a white person.
- caucasoid — denoting, relating to, or belonging to the lighter-complexioned supposed racial group of mankind, which includes the peoples indigenous to Europe, N Africa, SW Asia, and the Indian subcontinent and their descendants in other parts of the world
- cauchemar — a nightmare
- caucusing — Present participle of caucus.
10 letter words containing cau
- acausality — having no cause.
- boucicault — Dion (ˈdaɪɒn), real name Dionysius Lardner Boursiquot. 1822–90, Irish dramatist and actor. His plays include London Assurance (1841), The Octoroon (1859), and The Shaughran (1874)
- caucussing — the act of holding a private, often secret meeting of members of a political party prior to an election or general party meeting
- caulescent — having a stem clearly visible above the ground
- cauliflory — the production of flowers on the trunk, branches, etc, of a woody plant, as opposed to the ends of the twigs
11 letter words containing cau
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
- amplexicaul — (of some sessile leaves, stipules, etc) having an enlarged base that encircles the stem
- caniapiscau — a river in NE Quebec, Canada, flowing NW to the Larch River (Mélèzes) 575 miles (925 km) long.
- catacaustic — (of a caustic curve or surface) formed by reflected light rays
- caudillismo — a political system organized under the rule of a caudillo
12 letter words containing cau
- brevicaudate — having a short tail.
- cauliflowers — Plural form of cauliflower.
- causationism — the theory of universal causation
- causationist — a person who believes in the theory of universal causation
- cautiousness — showing, using, or characterized by caution: a cautious man; To be cautious is often to show wisdom.
13 letter words containing cau
- caulifloweret — an individual floret from a cauliflower
- causelessness — the quality or state of having no cause or reason
- cauterisation — Alt form cauterization.
- cauterization — to burn with a hot iron, electric current, fire, or a caustic, especially for curative purposes; treat with a cautery.
- hypercautious — Especially or unreasonably cautious.
14 letter words containing cau
- cancer-causing — having the ability to induce the growth of a malignant tumour
- caustic-baryta — Also called calcined baryta, barium oxide, barium monoxide, barium protoxide. a white or yellowish-white poisonous solid, BaO, highly reactive with water: used chiefly as a dehydrating agent and in the manufacture of glass.
- electrocautery — Cautery using a needle or other instrument that is electrically heated.
- galvanocautery — a cautery heated by a galvanic current.
- incautiousness — The quality of being incautious.
15 letter words containing cau
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
16 letter words containing cau
On this page, we collect all words with CAU. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 302 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CAU that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.