Words containing cata
5 letter words containing cata
- cata- — down; downwards; lower in position
6 letter words containing cata
7 letter words containing cata
- catalan — Something that is Catalan belongs or relates to Catalonia, its people, or its language. Catalonia is a region of Spain.
- catalog — A catalog is a list of things such as the goods you can buy from a particular company, the objects in a museum, or the books in a library.
- catalpa — any bignoniaceous tree of the genus Catalpa of North America and Asia, having large leaves, bell-shaped whitish flowers, and long slender pods
- catania — a port in E Sicily, near Mount Etna. Pop: 313 110 (2001)
- catapan — a provincial governor in the Byzantine Empire
8 letter words containing cata
- catacomb — Catacombs are ancient underground passages and rooms, especially under a city, where people used to be buried.
- catagory — Misspelling of category.
- catalase — an enzyme that catalyses the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide
- catalogs — Plural form of catalog.
- catalpas — Plural form of catalpa.
9 letter words containing cata
- catabasis — a descent or downward movement
- catabolic — destructive metabolism; the breaking down in living organisms of more complex substances into simpler ones, with the release of energy (opposed to anabolism).
- cataclasm — a breaking down or disruption
- cataclysm — A cataclysm is an event that causes great change or harm.
- catacombs — an underground burial place, esp the galleries at Rome, consisting of tunnels with vaults or niches leading off them for tombs
10 letter words containing cata
- acatalepsy — the state of being impossible to conceive or understand
- basilicata — a region of S Italy, between the Tyrrhenian Sea and the Gulf of Taranto. Capital: Potenza. Pop: 596 821 (2003 est). Area: 9985 sq km (3855 sq miles)
- catabiosis — (medicine) The physiological process by which cells physically degrade due to age.
- catabiotic — Of or pertaining to catabiosis.
- catabolise — to cause (a nutrient or other substance) to undergo catabolism.
11 letter words containing cata
- acatalectic — having the necessary number of feet or syllables, esp having a complete final foot
- acataleptic — not able to be understood or conceived.
- allocatable — that can be allocated.
- biocatalyst — a chemical, esp an enzyme, that initiates or increases the rate of a biochemical reaction
- catabaptist — a person who is opposed to baptism.
12 letter words containing cata
- acatalectics — Plural form of acatalectic.
- anticatalase — a substance that inhibits the enzymatic action of a catalase.
- anticatalyst — a substance that destroys or diminishes the activity of a catalyst
- autocatalyse — to cause an internal, self-produced, chemical reaction
- autocatalyze — To cause, or to undergo autocatalysis.
13 letter words containing cata
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- anticatalysts — Plural form of anticatalyst.
- apocatastasis — the belief that all free creatures shall experience salvation
- autocatalyses — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of autocatalyse.
- autocatalysis — the catalysis of a reaction in which the catalyst is one of the products of the reaction
14 letter words containing cata
- catachrestical — Catachrestic.
- cataleptically — in a trancelike or cataleptic manner
- catastrophical — of the nature of a catastrophe, or disastrous event; calamitous: a catastrophic failure of the dam.
- catastrophized — Simple past tense and past participle of catastrophize.
- ecocatastrophe — a disaster caused by changes in the environment.
15 letter words containing cata
16 letter words containing cata
17 letter words containing cata
On this page, we collect all words with CATA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 278 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CATA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.