Words containing car
3 letter words containing car
- car — A car is a motor vehicle with room for a small number of passengers.
4 letter words containing car
- bcar — British Civil Airworthiness Requirements
- cara — a female given name: from an Italian word meaning “dear one.”.
- carb — Carbs are foods such as potatoes, pasta, and bread, that contain a lot of carbohydrate.
- card — A card is a piece of stiff paper or thin cardboard on which something is written or printed.
- care — If you care about something, you feel that it is important and are concerned about it.
5 letter words containing car
6 letter words containing car
- acarid — any of the small arachnids of the order Acarina (or Acari), which includes the ticks and mites
- acarus — any of the free-living mites of the widely distributed genus Acarus, several of which, esp A. siro, are serious pests of stored flour, grain, etc
- arcaro — Edward ("Eddie") 1916–97, U.S. jockey.
- becard — any of several passerine birds of the genus Pachyramphus, of the American tropics, having large heads and swollen bills, and variously classified with the flycatchers or the cotingas.
- bicarb — Bicarb is an abbreviation for bicarbonate of soda.
7 letter words containing car
8 letter words containing car
- acarbose — a type of diabetes medicine taken orally to slow and reduce the supply of glucose to the blood.
- acarpous — (of plants) producing no fruit
- aldicarb — a crystalline compound, C7H14N2O2S, used as a pesticide against insects, mites and nematodes
- ascocarp — (in some ascomycetous fungi) a globular structure containing the asci
- baccarat — a card game in which two or more punters gamble against the banker
9 letter words containing car
- acariasis — infestation of the hair follicles and skin with acarids, esp mites
- acaricide — any drug or formulation for killing acarids
- acarnania — region on the W coast of ancient Greece
- acarology — the study of mites and ticks
- aftercare — Aftercare is the nursing and care of people who have been treated in hospital, and who are now recovering.
10 letter words containing car
- acarpelous — without carpels
- acute-care — providing emergency services and general medical and surgical treatment for acute disorders rather than long-term residential care for chronic illness.
- apocarpous — (of the ovaries of flowering plants such as the buttercup) consisting of separate carpels
- apothecary — An apothecary was a person who prepared medicines for people.
- ascariasis — infestation of the intestines with the roundworm Ascaris lumbricoides, causing abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, weight loss, etc
11 letter words containing car
- acarophobia — a pathological belief that the skin is infested with mites or insects, often leading to self-mutilation in order to eliminate the infestation.
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- acrocarpous — (of mosses) having clustered upright stems and the reproductive parts borne at the tip of a stem
- anisocarpic — (of a flower) having a lower number of carpels than of other floral parts.
- anticarious — preventing or retarding caries.
12 letter words containing car
- amphicarpous — producing two kinds of fruit that differ either in form or in time of ripening.
- angiocarpous — being or having fruit contained in a vessel such as a shell
- anthocarpous — resembling or pertaining to an anthocarp
- ball-carrier — the offensive player having the ball and attempting to gain ground.
- betacarotene — the most important form of the plant pigment carotene, which occurs in milk, vegetables, and other foods and, when eaten by man and animals, is converted in the body to vitamin A
13 letter words containing car
- beta-carotene — the most abundant of various isomers of carotene, C 40 H 56 , that can be converted by the body to vitamin A.
- bibliothecary — a librarian
- calcariferous — having a spur or spurs
- carbamazepine — an anticonvulsant drug used in the management of epilepsy
- carbenicillin — a semisynthetic penicillin, C 17 H 16 N 2 Na 2 O 6 S, used against certain bacteria, especially those involved in urinary tract infections.
14 letter words containing car
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- adenocarcinoma — a malignant tumour originating in glandular tissue
- afro-caribbean — Afro-Caribbean refers to people from the Caribbean whose ancestors came from Africa.
- anacardiaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Anacardiaceae, a chiefly tropical family of trees and shrubs many of which have edible drupes. The family includes the cashew, mango, pistachio, and sumach
- battle-scarred — adversely affected from the experience of battle, or some other traumatic experience
15 letter words containing car
- carcinogenicity — any substance or agent that tends to produce a cancer.
- cardiopulmonary — of, relating to, or affecting the heart and lungs
- carmarthenshire — a county of S Wales, formerly part of Dyfed (1974–96): on Carmarthen Bay, with the Cambrian Mountains in the N: generally agricultural (esp dairying). Administrative centre: Carmarthen. Pop: 176 000 (2003 est). Area: 2398 sq km (926 sq miles)
- carnivorousness — flesh-eating: A dog is a carnivorous animal.
- carpentersville — a city in NE Illinois, near Chicago.
16 letter words containing car
- carboxypeptidase — any of several digestive enzymes that catalyze the removal of an amino acid from the end of a peptide chain having a free carbonyl group.
- cardiotachometer — a device for counting heartbeats, usually displaying the number of beats per minute
- carpatho-ukraine — a region in W Ukraine: ceded by Czechoslovakia in 1945.
- cartographically — the production of maps, including construction of projections, design, compilation, drafting, and reproduction.
- caryophyllaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Caryophyllaceae, a family of flowering plants including the pink, carnation, sweet william, and chickweed
17 letter words containing car
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anti-carcinogenic — any substance or agent that tends to produce a cancer.
- carboxyhemoglobin — a compound formed in the blood when carbon monoxide occupies the positions on the hemoglobin molecule normally taken by oxygen, resulting in cellular oxygen starvation
- cardiac-tamponade — Medicine/Medical. the use of a tampon, as to stop a hemorrhage.
- cardioaccelerator — a substance that increases the heart rate.
18 letter words containing car
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
- cholangiocarcinoma — (pathology) Cancer of the bile duct.
19 letter words containing car
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- phenylthiocarbamide — a crystalline, slightly water-soluble solid, C 6 H 5 NHCSNH 2 , that is either tasteless or bitter, depending upon the heredity of the taster, and is used in medical genetics and as a diagnostic.
22 letter words containing car
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
On this page, we collect all words with CAR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2842 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CAR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.