Words containing br
2 letter words containing br
- br — (networking) The country code for Brazil.
3 letter words containing br
4 letter words containing br
- abri — a shelter or place of refuge, esp in wartime
- brad — a small tapered nail having a small head that is either symmetrical or formed on one side only
- brae — a hill or hillside; slope
- brag — If you brag, you say in a very proud way that you have something or have done something.
- brak — (of water) brackish or salty
5 letter words containing br
6 letter words containing br
- abrade — To abrade something means to scrape or wear down its surface by rubbing it.
- abrash — any variation or change, typically striation, in the different dyes of an Oriental rug as it ages.
- abrazo — an embrace used as a greeting or on parting in Spain and Latin America
- abroad — If you go abroad, you go to a foreign country, usually one which is separated from the country where you live by an ocean or a sea.
- abrupt — An abrupt change or action is very sudden, often in a way which is unpleasant.
7 letter words containing br
- abbrev. — abbreviation
- abraded — Simple past tense and past participle of abrade.
- abraham — the first of the patriarchs, the father of Isaac and the founder of the Hebrew people (Genesis 11–25)
- abraser — a machine for testing the abrasion resistance of a material.
- abraxas — an ancient charm composed of Greek letters: originally believed to have magical powers and inscribed on amulets, etc, but from the second century ad personified by Gnostics as a deity, the source of divine emanations
8 letter words containing br
- abrachia — the congenital condition of having no arms
- abradant — abrading
- abrasion — An abrasion is an area on a person's body where the skin has been scraped.
- abrasive — Someone who has an abrasive manner is unkind and rude.
- abridged — An abridged book or play has been made shorter by removing some parts of it.
9 letter words containing br
- abradable — capable of being abraded
- abridging — to shorten by omissions while retaining the basic contents: to abridge a reference book.
- abrogated — to abolish by formal or official means; annul by an authoritative act; repeal: to abrogate a law.
- abrogator — to abolish by formal or official means; annul by an authoritative act; repeal: to abrogate a law.
- abruption — a breaking off of a part or parts from a mass
10 letter words containing br
- abbreviate — If you abbreviate something, especially a word or a piece of writing, you make it shorter.
- abrasively — in an abrupt manner
- abreaction — the release and expression of emotional tension associated with repressed ideas by bringing those ideas into consciousness
- abridgment — a shortened version of a written work
- abrogation — the act or an instance of abrogating, or repealing: abrogation of the treaty's responsibility.
11 letter words containing br
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abbreviator — to shorten (a word or phrase) by omitting letters, substituting shorter forms, etc., so that the shortened form can represent the whole word or phrase, as ft. for foot, ab. for about, R.I. for Rhode Island, NW for Northwest, or Xn for Christian.
- abracadabra — Abracadabra is a word that someone says when they are performing a magic trick in order to make the magic happen.
- abranchiate — having no gills
- abridgement — a shortened or condensed form of a book, speech, etc., that still retains the basic contents: an abridgment of Tolstoy's War and Peace.
12 letter words containing br
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- abbreviatory — shortening
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- addlebrained — having an addle brain; muddled; stupid
- afro-british — of or relating to British people of African descent
13 letter words containing br
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- air-breathing — (of an engine, aircraft, missile, etc.) to take in air from the atmosphere to oxidize the fuel for combustion.
- algebraically — of, occurring in, or utilizing algebra.
- all-embracing — Something that is all-embracing includes or affects everyone or everything.
- baby's-breath — a tall Eurasian caryophyllaceous plant, Gypsophila paniculata, bearing small white or pink fragrant flowers
14 letter words containing br
- babies'-breath — baby's breath
- bascule-bridge — a device operating like a balance or seesaw, especially an arrangement of a movable bridge (bascule bridge) by which the rising floor or section is counterbalanced by a weight.
- brachycephalic — having a head nearly as broad from side to side as from front to back, esp one with a cephalic index over 80
- brachydactylia — abnormal shortness of the fingers and toes.
- brachydactylic — having abnormally short fingers or toes
15 letter words containing br
- belt-and-braces — providing double security, in case one security measure should fail
- brachiocephalic — of, relating to, or supplying the arm and head
- brachistochrone — the curve between two points through which a body moves under the force of gravity in a shorter time than for any other curve; the path of quickest descent
- brachystomatous — having a short proboscis, as certain insects.
- branchiostegous — branchiostegal.
16 letter words containing br
- branchiopneustic — breathing by means of gills, as certain aquatic insect larvae.
- bread-and-butter — providing a livelihood or basic source of income; supplying the basic needs of life: a bread-and-butter job; the agency's bread-and-butter account.
- bred-in-the-bone — firmly instilled or established as if by heredity: the bred-in-the-bone integrity of the school's headmaster.
- brick-and-mortar — pertaining to conventional stores, businesses, etc., having physical buildings and facilities, as opposed to Internet or remote services.
- bright-blindness — blindness occurring in sheep grazing pastures heavily infested with bracken
17 letter words containing br
- bed-and-breakfast — an accommodation offered by an inn, hotel, or especially a private home, consisting of a room for the night and breakfast the next morning for one inclusive price.
- british-cameroons — German Kamerun. a region in W Africa: a German protectorate 1884–1919; divided in 1919 into British and French mandates.
19 letter words containing br
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
On this page, we collect all words with BR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5128 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains BR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.