Words containing bo
3 letter words containing bo
- abo — (as modifier)
- boa — A boa or a feather boa is a long soft scarf made of feathers or of short pieces of very light fabric.
- bob — If something bobs, it moves up and down, like something does when it is floating on water.
- bod — A bod is a person.
- bog — A bog is an area of land which is very wet and muddy.
4 letter words containing bo
- ambo — either of two raised pulpits from which the gospels and epistles were read in early Christian churches
- asbo — An ASBO is a legal order restricting the activities or movements of someone who has repeatedly behaved in a way that upsets or annoys other people. ASBO is an abbreviation for 'anti-social behaviour order'.
- boac — British Overseas Airways Corporation
- boar — A boar or a wild boar is a wild pig.
- boas — Franz (frants). 1858–1942, US anthropologist, born in Germany. He made major contributions to cultural and linguistic anthropology in studies of North American Indians, including The Mind of Primitive Man (1911; 1938)
5 letter words containing bo
- abbot — An abbot is the monk who is in charge of the other monks in a monastery or abbey.
- abode — Your abode is the place where you live.
- abohm — the cgs unit of resistance in the electromagnetic system: equivalent to 10-9 ohm
- aboil — boiling
- abort — If an unborn baby is aborted, the pregnancy is ended deliberately and the baby is not born alive.
6 letter words containing bo
- a-bomb — An A-bomb is an atomic bomb.
- abbott — Tony, full name Anthony John Abbott. born 1957, Australian Liberal politician; prime minister (2013–2015)
- abboud — Ibrahim [ib-rah-heem] /ɪb rɑˈhim/ (Show IPA), 1900–1983, Sudanese army general and statesman: prime minister 1958–64.
- aboard — If you are aboard a ship or plane, you are on it or in it.
- abolla — a cloak worn by Roman soldiers, worn draped over one shoulder and fastened with a metal brooch
7 letter words containing bo
- aalborg — a city and port in Denmark, in N Jutland. Pop: 121 549 (2004 est)
- abolish — If someone in authority abolishes a system or practice, they formally put an end to it.
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
- abought — simple past tense and past participle of aby.
- aboukir — a village of N Egypt, in the Nile River delta: Battle of the Nile near here (1798).
8 letter words containing bo
- aboideau — a dyke with a sluicegate that allows flood water to drain but keeps the sea water out
- abomasum — the fourth and last compartment of the stomach of ruminants, which receives and digests food from the psalterium and passes it on to the small intestine
- abomasus — abomasum.
- aborning — while being born, developed, or realized (esp in the phrase die aborning)
- abortion — If a woman has an abortion, she ends her pregnancy deliberately so that the baby is not born alive.
9 letter words containing bo
- aboardage — collision between two vessels meeting side-on or at a slight angle.
- abolition — The abolition of something such as a system or practice is its formal ending.
- abominate — to dislike intensely; loathe; detest
- abondance — (card games) Alternative form of abundance.
- aborigine — Aborigines are members of the tribes that were living in Australia when Europeans arrived there.
10 letter words containing bo
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- abominable — Something that is abominable is very unpleasant or bad.
- abominably — repugnantly hateful; detestable; loathsome: an abominable crime.
- aboriginal — An Aboriginal is an Australian Aborigine.
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
11 letter words containing bo
- able-bodied — An able-bodied person is physically strong and healthy, rather than being weak or having a disability.
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abomination — If you say that something is an abomination, you think that it is completely unacceptable.
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
12 letter words containing bo
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- abolitionize — (esp. prior to the Civil War) to convert (persons, a region, a state, etc.) to abolitionism.
- aboriginalia — objects from Aboriginal culture used as decorations, esp when they produce a distorted, sentimental view of Aborigines and Aboriginal history
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
13 letter words containing bo
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- anti-abortion — opposed to abortion
- anti-antibody — antibody that combines with another antibody.
14 letter words containing bo
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- anti-bolshevik — a person who is opposed to Bolshevism
- antimetabolite — any drug that acts by disrupting the normal growth of a cell. Sulfonamide drugs are antimetabolites and some antimetabolites are used in cancer treatment
- antithrombotic — preventing the formation of blood clots
15 letter words containing bo
16 letter words containing bo
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- aulnay-sous-bois — a town in N central France, a suburb NE of Paris.
- boolean-operator — any operation in which each of the operands and the result take one of two values.
17 letter words containing bo
18 letter words containing bo
19 letter words containing bo
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
20 letter words containing bo
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
On this page, we collect all words with BO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7617 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains BO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.