Words containing bio
3 letter words containing bio
- bio — a biography, often a very brief one
4 letter words containing bio
- bio- — Bio- is used at the beginning of nouns and adjectives that refer to life or to the study of living things.
- biog — biography.
- bion — fl. 2d cent. b.c.; Gr. pastoral poet
- bior — An early system on UNIVAC I or II.
- bios — Basic Input Output System: the built-in software which controls the primary functions of a PC
5 letter words containing bio
- biog. — biographical
- bioko — an island in the Gulf of Guinea, off the coast of Cameroon: part of Equatorial Guinea. Capital: Malabo. Area: 2017 sq km (786 sq miles)
- biol. — Biol. is a written abbreviation for biology or , biological.
- biome — a major ecological community, extending over a large area and usually characterized by a dominant vegetation
- biont — a living thing
6 letter words containing bio
- albion — Britain or England
- biodot — a temperature-sensitive device stuck to the skin in order to monitor stress
- biofog — a fog, resembling steam fog, produced by the contact of very cold air with the warmth and moisture issuing from animal or human bodies.
- biogas — a gas that is produced by the action of bacteria on organic waste matter: used as a fuel
- biogen — a hypothetical protein assumed to be the basis of the formation and functioning of body cells and tissues
7 letter words containing bio
8 letter words containing bio
- abiocoen — The non-living components of an environment, such as water, soil, air, etc.
- abiogeny — (biology) abiogenesis.
- abiology — The sciences, such as geology and astronomy, that collectively deal with inorganic or lifeless bodies.
- autobiog — autobiography.
- bioassay — a method of determining the concentration, activity, or effect of a change to substance by testing its effect on a living organism and comparing this with the activity of an agreed standard
9 letter words containing bio
- abiogenic — not resulting from the activity of living organisms.
- aerobiont — an organism that requires oxygen to survive
- anabiosis — the ability to return to life after apparent death; suspended animation
- anabiotic — a bringing back to consciousness; reanimation after apparent death.
- bioactive — (of a substance) having or producing an effect on living tissue
10 letter words containing bio
- abiogenist — a person who believes in abiogenesis
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- aerobiosis — life in the presence of oxygen
- aerobiotic — Of or pertaining to aerobiosis.
- ambiophony — the reproduction of sound to create an illusion to a listener of being in a spacious room, such as a concert hall
11 letter words containing bio
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- abiogenetic — (biology) Of or pertaining to abiogenesis, originated by abiogenesis.
- abiological — not involving living organisms
- abiotically — in a way that involves the absence of life or the absence of living forms
- aerobiology — the study of airborne organisms, spores, etc
12 letter words containing bio
13 letter words containing bio
- abiogenically — in a way that does not involve living organisms
- actinobiology — the branch of biology concerned with the effects of radiation on living organisms
- agrobiologist — One who studies bacteria and other organisms in soil for the purpose of growing crops or feeding animals.
- autobiography — Your autobiography is an account of your life, which you write yourself.
- bio-autograph — an analytical technique in which organic compounds are separated by chromatography and identified by studying their effects on microorganisms.
14 letter words containing bio
15 letter words containing bio
16 letter words containing bio
- autobiographical — An autobiographical piece of writing relates to events in the life of the person who has written it.
- biocompatibility — the capability of coexistence with living tissues or organisms without causing harm: Artificial joint adhesives must have biocompatibility with bone and muscle.
- biodegradability — capable of decaying through the action of living organisms: biodegradable paper; biodegradable detergent.
- biodeterioration — biodegradation.
- bioenvironmental — pertaining to the environment of living organisms: Bioenvironmental engineers seek to reduce air and water pollution.
17 letter words containing bio
- bioelectrogenesis — the production of electricity by organisms.
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
- biotransformation — the metabolizing of some substance, esp. a drug, in the body
- microbiologically — With regard to microbiology.
- neurobiologically — In terms of or by means of neurobiology.
18 letter words containing bio
- autobiographically — In a autobiographical manner.
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bioinstrumentation — the use of instruments, as sensors, to detect and measure certain body functions, as of persons in spaceflight, and transmit the data to a point where it is evaluated
19 letter words containing bio
- pseudo-biographical — of or relating to a person's life: He's gathering biographical data for his book on Milton.
20 letter words containing bio
- semiautobiographical — pertaining to or being a fictionalized account of an author's own life.
On this page, we collect all words with BIO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 562 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains BIO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.