Words containing bell
4 letter words containing bell
- bell — A bell is a device that makes a ringing sound and is used to give a signal or to attract people's attention.
5 letter words containing bell
- bella — a feminine name
- belle — A belle is a beautiful woman, especially the most beautiful woman at a party or in a group.
- bello — Andrés [ahn-dres] /ɑnˈdrɛs/ (Show IPA), 1781–1865, Venezuelan poet, philologist, and educator.
- bells — Acton [ak-tuh n] /ˈæk tən/ (Show IPA) pen name of Anne Brontë.
- belly — The belly of a person or animal is their stomach or abdomen. In British English, this is an informal or literary use.
6 letter words containing bell
- bellay — Joachim du (ʒɔaʃɛ̃ dy). 1522–60, French poet, a member of the Pléiade
- belled — the cry of a rutting stag or hunting dog.
- belloc — Hilaire (ˈhɪlɛə, hɪˈlɛə). 1870–1953, British poet, essayist, and historian, born in France, noted particularly for his verse for children in The Bad Child's Book of Beasts (1896) and Cautionary Tales (1907)
- bellow — If someone bellows, they shout angrily in a loud, deep voice.
- cabell — James Branch1879-1958; U.S. novelist
7 letter words containing bell
- barbell — A barbell is a long bar with adjustable weights on either side that people lift to strengthen their arm and shoulder muscles.
- bellamy — David (James). born 1933, British botanist, writer, and broadcaster
- bellari — a city in SE India, in Karnataka.
- bellboy — A bellboy is a man or boy who works in a hotel, carrying bags or bringing things to the guests' rooms.
- bellcow — a cow, especially the lead cow of a herd, having a bell attached to a collar around its neck so that the herd can be located easily.
8 letter words containing bell
9 letter words containing bell
- barebelly — a sheep with a defective growth of wool on its belly and legs.
- bellatrix — the third brightest star in the constellation Orion
- bellibone — a beautiful and good woman
- bellicose — You use bellicose to refer to aggressive actions or behaviour that are likely to start an argument or a fight.
- bellowing — to emit a hollow, loud, animal cry, as a bull or cow.
10 letter words containing bell
- antebellum — of or during the period before a war, esp the American Civil War
- barbellate — (of plants or plant organs) covered with barbs, hooks, or bristles
- bell-curve — bell-shaped curve.
- bellabella — a member of a branch of the Kwakiutl Indians inhabiting central coastal British Columbia.
- bellacoola — a member of a riverine tribe of North American Indians inhabiting an area near the central coast of British Columbia.
11 letter words containing bell
- bell-bottom — designating trousers or slacks that are flared beginning at the knee or mid-calf
- bell-shaped — shaped like a bell
- bell-topper — a tall silk hat
- bellerophon — a hero of Corinth who performed many deeds with the help of the winged horse Pegasus, notably the killing of the monster Chimera
- bellfounder — a foundry worker who casts bells
12 letter words containing bell
- bell-bottoms — Bell-bottoms are trousers that are very wide at the bottom of the leg, near your feet.
- belligerence — the act or quality of being belligerent or warlike; aggressiveness
- belligerency — the state of being at war
- belligerents — warlike; given to waging war.
- belly-aching — Informal. a pain in the abdomen or bowels.
13 letter words containing bell
- bellefontaine — a city in W Ohio.
- belligerently — aggressively
- belly-flopper — an awkward, usually unintentional dive in which the front of the body strikes the water horizontally, the abdomen or chest bearing the brunt of the impact.
- cobelligerent — a country fighting in a war on the side of another country
- eco-labelling — the practice or system of using eco-labels
14 letter words containing bell
- belles-lettres — literary works, esp essays and poetry, valued for their aesthetic rather than their informative or moral content
- belletristical — relating to the fine arts
- bellingshausen — Fabian Gottlieb von [fey-bee-uh n-got-leeb von] /ˈfeɪ bi ənˈgɒt lib vɒn/ (Show IPA), (Faddey Faddeyevich Bellingshauzen) 1778–1852, Russian naval officer and explorer.
- cobelligerents — Plural form of cobelligerent.
- embellishingly — in an embellishing manner
15 letter words containing bell
- nonbelligerency — the state or status of not participating in a war.
16 letter words containing bell
- cerebellopontine — (anatomy) Relating to the cerebellum and pons.
18 letter words containing bell
- campbell-bannerman — Sir Henry. 1836–1908, British statesman and leader of the Liberal Party (1899–1908); prime minister (1905–08), who granted self-government to the Transvaal and the Orange River Colony
On this page, we collect all words with BELL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 433 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains BELL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.