Words containing bed
3 letter words containing bed
- bed — A BEd is a degree which usually takes four years to complete and which qualifies someone to teach in a school. BEd is an abbreviation for 'Bachelor of Education.' Compare PGCE.
4 letter words containing bed
- abed — in bed; on a bed
- bede — Saint, known as the Venerable Bede. ?673–735 ad, English monk, scholar, historian, and theologian, noted for his Latin Ecclesiastical History of the English People (731). Feast day: May 27 or 25
- bedo — Burst Extended Data Out DRAM
- beds — Bedfordshire
- bedu — relating to Beduins
5 letter words containing bed
6 letter words containing bed
- -lobed — having lobes of the kind or number specified
- -robed — -robed combines with the names of colours to indicate that someone is wearing robes of a particular colour.
- airbed — An airbed is a plastic or rubber mattress which can be folded or stored flat and which you fill with air before you use it.
- albedo — the ratio of the intensity of light reflected from an object, such as a planet, to that of the light it receives from the sun
- barbed — A barbed remark or joke seems polite or humorous, but contains a cleverly hidden criticism.
7 letter words containing bed
- -bedded — -bedded combines with numbers to form adjectives which indicate how many beds a room contains. -bedded combines with words such as 'twin' or 'double' to form adjectives which indicate what kind of beds a room contains.
- -limbed — -limbed combines with adjectives to form other adjectives which indicate that a person or animal has limbs of a particular type or appearance.
- -nibbed — having a nib of the specified type
- albedos — Plural form of albedo.
- bed-sit — bed-sitter.
8 letter words containing bed
- abednego — one of Daniel's three companions who, together with Shadrach and Meshach, was miraculously saved from destruction in Nebuchadnezzar's fiery furnace (Daniel 3:12–30)
- absorbed — If you are absorbed in something or someone, you are very interested in them and they take up all your attention and energy.
- adlibbed — to improvise all or part of (a speech, a piece of music, etc.): to ad-lib one's lines.
- adsorbed — Simple past tense and past participle of adsorb.
- ambedkar — Bhimrao Ramji [beem-rou rahm-jee] /ˈbim raʊ ˈrɑm dʒi/ (Show IPA), 1893–1956, Indian politician and jurist.
9 letter words containing bed
- bed-stand — night table.
- bedaubing — Present participle of bedaub.
- bedazzled — If you are bedazzled by someone or something, you are so amazed and impressed by them that you feel confused.
- bedazzles — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of bedazzle.
- bedcovers — Plural form of bedcover.
10 letter words containing bed
- -bedroomed — -bedroomed combines with numbers to form adjectives which indicate how many bedrooms a particular house or flat has.
- absorbedly — deeply interested or involved; preoccupied: He had an absorbed look on his face.
- backcombed — Simple past tense and past participle of backcomb.
- bed-sitter — a combination bedroom and sitting room.
- bedazzling — to impress forcefully, especially so as to make oblivious to faults or shortcomings: Audiences were bedazzled by her charm.
11 letter words containing bed
- albedometer — an instrument that measures the albedo of a surface.
- backstabbed — Simple past tense and past participle of backstab.
- bed-wetting — the act or habit of involuntarily urinating in bed
- bedaux-plan — a system of payment for work on the basis of the number of points of work done in a given amount of time, each point representing one minute of work on a given job at a normal rate of speed.
- bedchambers — Plural form of bedchamber.
12 letter words containing bed
- back-stabbed — to attempt to discredit (a person) by underhanded means, as innuendo, accusation, or the like.
- bed-blocking — the use of hospital beds by elderly patients who cannot leave hospital because they have no place in a residential care home
- bedazzlement — to impress forcefully, especially so as to make oblivious to faults or shortcomings: Audiences were bedazzled by her charm.
- bedfordshire — a county of S central England, administered since 2009 by the unitary authorities of Bedford and Central Bedfordshire: mainly low-lying, with the Chiltern Hills in the south: the geographical county includes Luton, which became a separate unitary authority in 1997. Area (excluding Luton): 1192 sq km (460 sq miles)
- bedraggledly — In a bedraggled manner.
13 letter words containing bed
14 letter words containing bed
- bedraggledness — The state or condition of being bedraggled.
- featherbedding — the practice of requiring an employer to hire unnecessary employees, to assign unnecessary work, or to limit production according to a union rule or safety statute: Featherbedding forced the railroads to employ firemen on diesel locomotives.
- mistranscribed — to make a written copy, especially a typewritten copy, of (dictated material, notes taken during a lecture, or other spoken material).
- oversubscribed — If something such as an event or a service is oversubscribed, too many people apply to attend the event or use the service.
- self-described — to tell or depict in written or spoken words; give an account of: He described the accident very carefully.
15 letter words containing bed
- order-embedding — A function f : D -> C is order-embedding iff for all x, y in D, f(x) <= f(y) <=> x <= y. I.e. arguments and results compare similarly. A function which is order-embedding is monotonic and one-to-one and an injection. ("<=" is written in LaTeX as \sqsubseteq).
- self-prescribed — to lay down, in writing or otherwise, as a rule or a course of action to be followed; appoint, ordain, or enjoin.
- uncircumscribed — to draw a line around; encircle: to circumscribe a city on a map.
- undersubscribed — having more places available than the demand for them
17 letter words containing bed
- bed-and-breakfast — an accommodation offered by an inn, hotel, or especially a private home, consisting of a room for the night and breakfast the next morning for one inclusive price.
On this page, we collect all words with BED. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 663 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains BED that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.