Words containing bat
3 letter words containing bat
- bat — A bat is a specially shaped piece of wood that is used for hitting the ball in baseball, softball, cricket, rounders, or table tennis.
4 letter words containing bat
- bata — Ethnic ceremonial double-headed drums played in triplet in the religion of Santería, especially in Cuba and Puerto Rico, originally from the Yoruba of Nigeria.
- bate — (of hawks) to jump violently from a perch or the falconer's fist, often hanging from the leash while struggling to escape
- bath — A bath is a container, usually a long rectangular one, which you fill with water and sit in while you wash your body.
- bats — crazy; very eccentric
- batt — a slab-shaped piece of insulating material used in building houses
5 letter words containing bat
- abate — If something bad or undesirable abates, it becomes much less strong or severe.
- abbat — Archaic spelling of abbot.
- batak — a member of a group of people chiefly inhabiting north-central Sumatra.
- batch — A batch of things or people is a group of things or people of the same kind, especially a group that is dealt with at the same time or is sent to a particular place at the same time.
- bated — (of breath) held
6 letter words containing bat
- abated — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abater — a person who or thing which abates
- abates — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abatis — a rampart of felled trees bound together placed with their branches outwards
- abator — a person who effects an abatement
7 letter words containing bat
- abatage — the slaughter of animals, especially the slaughter of diseased animals to prevent the infection of others.
- abating — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abattis — Alternative spelling of abatis.
- abature — the trail of trampled grass left by a hunted stag
- acrobat — An acrobat is an entertainer who performs difficult physical acts such as jumping and balancing, especially in a circus.
8 letter words containing bat
- !!!batch — (language, humour) A daft way of obfuscating text strings by encoding each character as a different number of exclamation marks surrounded by question marks, e.g. "d" is encoded as "?!!!!?". The language is named after the MSDOS batch file in which the first converter was written.
- abatable — able to be abated
- abatjour — A skylight or other device whose purpose it is to direct light into a room.
- abattage — the slaughter of animals, especially the slaughter of diseased animals to prevent the infection of others.
- abattoir — An abattoir is a place where animals are killed in order to provide meat.
9 letter words containing bat
- abat-jour — a device, as a skylight or reflector, for diverting light into a building.
- abatement — Abatement means a reduction in the strength or power of something or the reduction of it.
- abattoirs — Plural form of abattoir.
- abbatical — (obsolete) alternate form of abbatial (Attested from the mid 17th century until the mid 19th century.).
- absorbate — a substance that has been absorbed, or is to be absorbed, into an absorbent
10 letter words containing bat
11 letter words containing bat
12 letter words containing bat
- approbations — approval; commendation.
- autoexec.bat — (operating system) The batch file containing commands, loaded by MS-DOS after running CONFIG.SYS. AUTOEXEC.BAT contains normal DOS commands and can be used for additional system configuration such as setting paths and variables, configuring network connections and running application programs.
- bathetically — in a bathetic fashion
- bathmophobia — The fear of stairs and slopes.
- bathochromic — denoting or relating to a shift to a longer wavelength in the absorption spectrum of a compound
13 letter words containing bat
14 letter words containing bat
- baby-battering — the physical abuse of a baby or young child
- bathygraphical — (of a maps) representing the contours of the seabed
- batrachophobia — fear of amphibians
- batrachophobic — relating to the fear of toads and frogs
- battered-women — the array of physical and psychological injuries exhibited by women (battered women or battered wives) who have been beaten repeatedly or otherwise abused by their partners or spouses.
15 letter words containing bat
- bathing-machine — a small bathhouse on wheels formerly used as a dressing room and in which bathers could also be transported from the beach to the water.
- bathymetrically — In a bathymetric way.
- bathythermogram — a record made by a bathythermograph.
- child-battering — the physical abuse of a child by a parent or guardian, as by beating.
- debathification — The process of removing former members of the ruling Bath party of Iraq from the military and civil office following the ousting of w Saddam Hussein.
16 letter words containing bat
- bathythermograph — a device for measuring the temperature of the ocean at any specific depth down to c. 1,800 m (c. 5,900 ft)
- battery-operated — powered, driven, or operated with batteries
- congeliturbation — the churning, heaving, and thrusting of soil material due to the action of frost.
- dehydroascorbate — (organic compound) Any salt or ester of dehydroascorbic acid.
- libation-bearers — Choëphori.
18 letter words containing bat
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- battery-eliminator — a person or thing that eliminates.
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
On this page, we collect all words with BAT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 941 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains BAT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.