Words containing ban
3 letter words containing ban
- ban — To ban something means to state officially that it must not be done, shown, or used.
4 letter words containing ban
- banc — the seat on which judges sit in court.
- band — A band is a small group of musicians who play popular music such as jazz, rock, or pop.
- bane — The bane of someone or the bane of someone's life is something that frequently makes them feel unhappy or annoyed.
- bang — A bang is a sudden loud noise such as the noise of an explosion.
- bani — ban2
5 letter words containing ban
- aband — (transitive) To desist in practicing, using, or doing; to renounce. (attested only in the late 16th century).
- alban — Saint. 3rd century ad, the first English martyr. He was beheaded by the Romans on the site on which St Alban's Abbey now stands, for admitting his conversion to Christianity. Feast day: June 17
- amban — a Chinese official in the Qing imperial government
- banak — a tree of the genus Virola, of Central America: family Myristicaceae
- banal — If you describe something as banal, you do not like it because you think that it is so ordinary that it is not at all effective or interesting.
6 letter words containing ban
- abands — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of aband.
- albano — Lake, a crater lake in C Italy, SE of Rome.
- albany — a city in E New York State, on the Hudson River: the state capital. Pop: 93 919 (2003 est)
- araban — a pentosan, found chiefly in vegetable gums, that yields arabinose upon hydrolysis.
- banaba — an island in the SW Pacific, in the Republic of Kiribati. Phosphates were mined by Britain (1900–79). Area: about 5 sq km (2 sq miles). Pop: 301 (2005)
7 letter words containing ban
- -banded — -banded combines with colours to indicate that something has bands of a particular colour.
- abanded — Simple past tense and past participle of aband.
- abandon — If you abandon a place, thing, or person, you leave the place, thing, or person permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abandum — (legal) Anything forfeited or confiscated.
- albania — a republic in SE Europe, on the Balkan Peninsula: became independent in 1912 after more than four centuries of Turkish rule; established as a republic (1946) under Communist rule; multiparty constitution adopted in 1991. It is generally mountainous, rising over 2700 m (9000 ft), with extensive forests. Language: Albanian. Religion: Muslim majority. Currency: lek. Capital: Tirana. Pop: 3 011 405 (2013 est). Area: 28 749 sq km (11 100 sq miles)
8 letter words containing ban
- abandons — Plural form of abandon.
- albanese — Licia [lee-chee-uh;; Italian lee-chah] /ˈli tʃi ə;; Italian ˈli tʃɑ/ (Show IPA), 1913–2014, Italian operatic soprano.
- albanian — Albanian means belonging or relating to Albania, its people, language, or culture.
- archbanc — archebanc.
- armbands — Plural form of armband.
9 letter words containing ban
- abandoned — An abandoned place or building is no longer used or occupied.
- abandonee — a person to whom something is formally relinquished, esp an insurer having the right to salvage a wreck
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- absorbant — Alternative spelling of absorbent.
- adsorbant — Adsorbent.
10 letter words containing ban
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- absorbance — a measure of the light-absorbing ability of an object, expressed as the logarithm to base 10 of the reciprocal of the internal transmittance
- absorbancy — absorbance
- afro-cuban — of or relating to a type of jazz influenced by Cuban variants of African rhythms
- alabandite — a mineral form of manganese sulphide (MnS) with cubic crystals
11 letter words containing ban
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abandonment — The abandonment of a place, thing, or person is the act of leaving it permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abandonness — The state, quality, or condition of abandon; abandonment.
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- arriere-ban — (in medieval France) a summons to the king's vassals to do military service
12 letter words containing ban
- abandonments — Plural form of abandonment.
- anti-lebanon — a mountain range running north and south between Syria and Lebanon, east of the Lebanon Mountains. Highest peak: Mount Hermon, 2814 m (9232 ft)
- ashurbanipal — died ?626 bc, king of Assyria (?668–?626): son of Esarhaddon. He built the magnificent palace and library at Nineveh
- assurbanipal — Ashurbanipal
- banalization — the process of becoming or making something banal
13 letter words containing ban
- abandonedness — The state or quality of being abandoned.
- bancassurance — the selling of insurance products by a bank to its customers
- banderilleros — Plural form of banderillero.
- bandspreading — an additional tuning control in some radio receivers whereby a selected narrow band of frequencies can be spread over a wider frequency band, in order to give finer control of tuning
- bantamweights — Plural form of bantamweight.
14 letter words containing ban
- ban-the-bomber — a person who vigorously advocates banning the development or use of nuclear weapons.
- contrabandists — Plural form of contrabandist.
- deurbanization — to divest (a city or locality) of urban characteristics.
- leopard's-bane — any composite plant of the genus Doronicum, of Europe and Asia, having alternate, usually clasping leaves and heads of yellow flowers.
- louangphrabang — a city in N Laos, on the Mekong River: former royal capital.
15 letter words containing ban
- octanitrocubane — (organic compound) A high explosive derived from cubane.
- self-banishment — to expel from or relegate to a country or place by authoritative decree; condemn to exile: He was banished to Devil's Island.
- selfabandonment — absence or lack of personal restraint.
- single-sideband — of or pertaining to a system of radio transmission in which one of the two sidebands produced during modulation is suppressed
- suburbanization — to give suburban characteristics to: to suburbanize a rural area.
16 letter words containing ban
- overurbanization — the act or fact of urbanizing, or taking on the characteristics of a city: Urbanization has led to more air pollution and increasing childhood asthma.
- proslambanomenos — the lowest note of the scale in ancient Greek music
- self-abandonment — absence or lack of personal restraint.
- sulfocarbanilide — thiocarbanilide.
17 letter words containing ban
- thabana-ntlenyana — a mountain in Lesotho: the highest peak of the Drakensberg Mountains. Height: 3482 m (11 425 ft)
18 letter words containing ban
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
- campbell-bannerman — Sir Henry. 1836–1908, British statesman and leader of the Liberal Party (1899–1908); prime minister (1905–08), who granted self-government to the Transvaal and the Orange River Colony
On this page, we collect all words with BAN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1200 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains BAN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.