Words containing bal
4 letter words containing bal
- bala — a narrow lake in Gwynedd: the largest natural lake in Wales. Length: 6 km (4 miles)
- bald — Someone who is bald has little or no hair on the top of their head.
- bale — A bale is a large quantity of something such as hay, cloth, or paper, tied together tightly.
- bali — an island in Indonesia, east of Java: mountainous, rising over 3000 m (10 000 ft). Capital: Denpasar. Pop: 3 151 162 (2000). Area: 5558 sq km (2146 sq miles)
- balk — If you balk at something, you definitely do not want to do it or to let it happen.
5 letter words containing bal
- -ball — a person characterized, usually figuratively, by (a specified negative quality)
- balak — a Moabite king who sent for Balaam to come and curse the Israelites. Num. 22–23.
- balao — a halfbeak, Hemiramphus balao, of tropical western Atlantic seas.
- balas — a red variety of spinel, used as a gemstone
- balbo — Italo (ˈitalo). 1896–1940, Italian Fascist politician and airman: minister of aviation (1929–33)
6 letter words containing bal
- ambala — a city in N India, in Haryana: site of archaeological remains of a prehistoric Indian civilization: grain, cotton, food processing. Pop: 139 222 (2001)
- atabal — a drum played by the Moorish people of N Africa
- b-ball — basketball
- balaam — a Mesopotamian diviner who, when summoned to curse the Israelites, prophesied future glories for them instead, after being reproached by his ass (Numbers 22–23)
- balata — a tropical American sapotaceous tree, Manilkara bidentata, yielding a latex-like sap
7 letter words containing bal
8 letter words containing bal
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- arbalest — a large medieval crossbow, usually cocked by mechanical means
- arbalist — a powerful medieval crossbow with a steel bow, used to shoot stones, metal balls, arrows, etc.
- baladine — a theatrical dancer or stage buffoon
- balafons — Plural form of balafon.
9 letter words containing bal
10 letter words containing bal
11 letter words containing bal
- balbriggans — underwear made from balbriggan fabric, for example long men's underpants
- baldacchino — baldachin
- baldcypress — any of a genus (Taxodium, esp. T. distichum) of cone-bearing trees of the baldcypress family, that grows in the swamps of the SE U.S. and normally sheds its small, pointed needles in the fall
- balefulness — The characteristic of being baleful.
- balistraria — (in a medieval fortification) an opening, usually in the form of a cross, through which a crossbow could be fired.
12 letter words containing bal
- ball-breaker — an arduous, often unpleasant task.
- ball-carrier — the offensive player having the ball and attempting to gain ground.
- balladmonger — (formerly) a seller of ballads, esp on broadsheets
- ballanwrasse — a slow-growing fish (Labrus bergylta) found in rocky waters
- balletically — in a balletic fashion; gracefully
13 letter words containing bal
- antiballistic — of or relating to defence against ballistic weapons
- balkanization — If you disapprove of the division of a country into separate independent states, you can refer to the Balkanization of the country.
- ballistically — of or relating to ballistics.
- ballistospore — a spore, esp a fungal spore, that is forcefully ejected from its source
- balloon-berry — strawberry-raspberry.
14 letter words containing bal
- aeroballistics — the ballistics of projectiles dropped, launched, or fired from aircraft
- anti-ballistic — designed to detect, intercept, or destroy ballistic missiles: an antiballistic missile.
- ball-and-chain — a heavy iron ball fastened by a chain to a prisoner's leg.
- balm-of-gilead — any of several plants of the genus Commiphora, especially C. opobalsamum and C. meccanensis, which yield a fragrant oleoresin.
- balsaminaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Balsaminaceae, a family of flowering plants, including balsam and touch-me-not, that have irregular flowers and explosive capsules
15 letter words containing bal
- anti-globalizer — a political activist who challenges the concept of globalization and promotes practices that do not cause environmental damage
- autocannibalism — The eating of part of one's own body.
- balanoposthitis — An inflammation of the glans penis and the prepuce.
- cabbalistically — Alternative spelling of cabalistically.
- cannibalisation — Alternative form of cannibalization.
16 letter words containing bal
17 letter words containing bal
- antiglobalization — Opposition to the increase in the global power and influence of businesses, especially multinational corporations.
- lautenclavicymbal — a harpsichord with strings of gut rather than metal.
- ultramicrobalance — a balance for weighing precisely, to a hundredth of a microgram or less, minute quantities of material.
18 letter words containing bal
19 letter words containing bal
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing bal
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
On this page, we collect all words with BAL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1302 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains BAL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.