Words containing ask
3 letter words containing ask
- ask — If you ask someone something, you say something to them in the form of a question because you want to know the answer.
4 letter words containing ask
- aske — Obsolete spelling of ask.
- asks — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of ask.
- bask — If you bask in the sunshine, you lie somewhere sunny and enjoy the heat.
- cask — A cask is a wooden barrel that is used for storing things, especially alcoholic drink.
- hask — (obsolete) A basket made of rushes or flags, as for carrying fish.
5 letter words containing ask
- abask — basking in sunshine
- asked — Simple past tense and past participle of ask.
- asker — to put a question to; inquire of: I asked him but he didn't answer.
- askes — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of aske.
- askew — Something that is askew is not straight or not level with what it should be level with.
6 letter words containing ask
- alaska — the largest state of the US, in the extreme northwest of North America: the aboriginal inhabitants are Inuit and Yupik; the earliest White settlements were made by the Russians; it was purchased by the US from Russia in 1867. It is mostly mountainous and volcanic, rising over 6000 m (20 000 ft), with the Yukon basin in the central region; large areas are covered by tundra; it has important mineral resources (chiefly coal, oil, and natural gas). Capital: Juneau. Pop: 648 818 (2003 est). Area: 1 530 694 sq km (591 004 sq miles)
- askant — askance
- askari — (in East Africa) a soldier or policeman
- askers — Plural form of asker.
- askest — Archaic second-person singular form of ask.
7 letter words containing ask
- alaskan — of or relating to Alaska or its inhabitants
- askance — with an oblique glance
- askarel — any of the class of synthetic, nonflammable, liquid dielectrics used chiefly for insulation in transformers.
- askaris — a native African police officer or soldier, especially one serving a colonial administration.
- askelon — Ashqelon
8 letter words containing ask
- antimask — interlude in a masque
- basketry — Basketry is baskets made by weaving together thin strips of materials such as wood.
- damasked — a reversible fabric of linen, silk, cotton, or wool, woven with patterns.
- damasken — Alternative form of damascene.
- damaskin — (obsolete) A sword of Damascus steel.
9 letter words containing ask
- askewness — the state of being askew
- athabaska — a river in W Canada, rising in the Rocky Mountains and flowing northeast to Lake Athabaska. Length: 1230 km (765 miles)
- basketeer — Someone who makes baskets; a basketmaker.
- basketful — a sufficient quantity to fill a basket; the amount contained in a basket.
- bergamask — person from Bergamo
10 letter words containing ask
- athabaskan — a family of North American Indian languages, including Chipewyan, Hupa, and Navajo
- basketball — Basketball is a game in which two teams of five players each try to score goals by throwing a large ball through a circular net fixed to a metal ring at each end of the court.
- basketcase — Alternative form of basket case.
- basketlike — resembling a basket
- basketwork — work that is interlaced or woven like a basket; wickerwork
11 letter words containing ask
- alaska-crab — horseshoe crab.
- baskerville — a style of type
- basket-star — any of several echinoderms of the genus Gorgonocephalus, in which long slender arms radiate from a central disc: order Ophiuroidea (brittle-stars)
- basketballs — Plural form of basketball.
- basketmaker — A person who makes baskets.
12 letter words containing ask
- basketballer — (informal) A basketball player; a person who plays basketball.
- basketmaking — The construction of baskets, especially by traditional means.
- basketweaver — a person who advocates simple, natural, and unsophisticated living
- bread-basket — a basket or similar container for bread or rolls.
- bushelbasket — a rounded basket with a capacity of one bushel
13 letter words containing ask
- clothesbasket — a basket for holding and carrying laundry.
- multi-tasking — Computers. (of a single CPU) to execute two or more jobs concurrently.
- task-mistress — a woman whose function it is to assign tasks, especially burdensome ones, to others.
- task-oriented — focusing on the completion of particular tasks as a measure of success
14 letter words containing ask
- basket-of-gold — a yellow-flowered perennial plant (Alyssum saxatile, now more properly Aurinia saxatilis) of the crucifer family, often used in rock gardens
15 letter words containing ask
- saskatchewanian — a native or inhabitant of Saskatchewan
18 letter words containing ask
- didaskaleinophobia — The fear of going to school.
On this page, we collect all words with ASK. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 335 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ASK that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.