Words containing asi
4 letter words containing asi
- asia — the largest of the continents, bordering on the Arctic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean and Red Seas in the west. It includes the large peninsulas of Asia Minor, India, Arabia, and Indochina and the island groups of Japan, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Sri Lanka; contains the mountain ranges of the Hindu Kush, Himalayas, Pamirs, Tian Shan, Urals, and Caucasus, the great plateaus of India, Iran, and Tibet, vast plains and deserts, and the valleys of many large rivers including the Mekong, Irrawaddy, Indus, Ganges, Tigris, and Euphrates. Pop: 4 164 252 000 (2011 est). Area: 44 391 162 sq km (17 139 445 sq miles)
- asic — Application-Specific Integrated Circuit
- asid — American Society of Interior Designers
- asio — Australian Security Intelligence Organization
- asir — a region of SW Saudi Arabia, in the Southern Province on the Red Sea: under Turkish rule until 1933. Area: 81 000 sq km (31 000 sq miles)
5 letter words containing asi
- -asis — a condition resembling or a condition characterized by
- asian — Asian means belonging to or relating to Asia. British people use this term especially to refer to India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. Americans use this term especially to refer to China, Korea, Thailand, Japan, or Vietnam.
- aside — If you move something aside, you move it to one side of you.
- asine — an ancient town in S Greece, on the Gulf of Argolis.
- asity — A stocky perching bird related to the pittas, found only in Madagascar.
6 letter words containing asi
- -iasis — (in medicine) indicating a diseased condition
- a'asia — Australasia
- abasia — a muscular disorder causing an inability to walk
- abbasi — (historical) A silver coin of Persia, introduced by Safavid Shah Abbas in 16th century, worth about twenty cents.
- asiago — either of two varieties (ripened or fresh) of a cow's-milk cheese produced in NE Italy
7 letter words containing asi
- -phasia — indicating speech disorder of a specified kind
- -plasia — indicating growth, development, or change
- abasing — Present participle of abase.
- abbasid — any caliph of the dynasty that ruled the Muslim empire from Baghdad (750–1258) and claimed descent from Abbas, uncle of Mohammed
- acrasia — a lack of self discipline, by which a person acts contrary to usual judgment
8 letter words containing asi
- abrasion — An abrasion is an area on a person's body where the skin has been scraped.
- abrasive — Someone who has an abrasive manner is unkind and rude.
- afrasian — of Afrasia.
- agerasia — An outward appearance more youthful than one's true age.
- aliasing — the error in a vision or sound signal arising from limitations in the system that generates or processes the signal
9 letter words containing asi
10 letter words containing asi
- abrasively — in an abrupt manner
- achromasia — Absence of normal skin pigmentation (from bruising, stress or disease); pallor or achromia.
- afro-asian — of or relating to both Africa and Asia, esp as part of the Third World
- airbrasive — a method of removing deposits from the teeth, or rarely, of preparing teeth for filling, by wearing down the surface with an abrasive substance blown by a jet of air
- allostasis — The process by which the body responds to stressors in order to regain homeostasis.
11 letter words containing asi
- afroasiatic — designating or of a family of African and Asian languages generally divided into the branches Berber, Cushitic, Semitic, Chadic, and ancient Egyptian
- agelasimine — (organic compound) Any of various adenine-related bicyclic diterpenoids isolated from the orange sponge Agelas mauritania, structurally related to the agelasines.
- anglo-asian — An Anglo-Asian person is someone of Indian, Pakistani, or Bangladeshi origin who has grown up in Britain.
- antiphrasis — the use of a word in a sense opposite to its normal one, esp for ironic effect
- antonomasia — the substitution of a title or epithet for a proper name, such as his highness
12 letter words containing asi
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- afro-asiatic — a family of languages of SW Asia and N Africa, consisting of the Semitic, ancient Egyptian, Berber, Cushitic, and Chadic subfamilies
- antanaclasis — a form of speech in which a key word is repeated and used in a different, and sometimes contrary, way for a play on words, as in The craft of a politician is to appear before the public without craft.
- antialiasing — a technique for smoothing out jagged lines in graphical computer output.
- australasian — Australasian means belonging or relating to Australasia or to its people.
13 letter words containing asi
- alymphoplasia — (medicine) aplasia of the lymphoid tissue.
- anti-aliasing — a technique for smoothing out jagged lines in graphical computer output.
- antiparasitic — acting against infection by parasites
- apocatastasis — the belief that all free creatures shall experience salvation
- apokatastasis — the state of being restored or reestablished; restitution.
14 letter words containing asi
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- antiperistasis — a real or imagined process in which one part increases the force of an opposing part
- asian-american — of or connected with Americans of Asian ancestry
- austro-asiatic — a hypothetical phylum or superfamily of languages consisting of Mon-Khmer and certain other languages of India and South-East Asia. Links with Malayo-Polynesian have also been suggested
- back-to-basics — stressing simplicity and adherence to fundamental principles: The movement suggests a back-to-basics approach to living for those whose lives have become complicated.
15 letter words containing asi
- ancylostomiasis — infestation of the human intestine with blood-sucking hookworms, causing progressive anaemia
- ankylostomiasis — ancylostomiasis
- basidiomycetous — belonging or pertaining to the basidiomycetes.
- biogasification — the conversion of organic matter into biogas.
- cholangiectasis — Dilation of the bile ducts.
16 letter words containing asi
- chondrodysplasia — (medicine) A genetic disorder characterized by short-limbed dwarfism.
- ectoparasiticide — Any pesticide designed to kill parasites that live on the exterior of a host.
- kleptoparasitism — The parasitic theft of captured prey, nest material, etc. from animals of the same or another species.
- lymphangiectasia — (medicine) dilation of the lymphatic vessels.
- lymphangiectasis — Alt form lymphangiectasia.
17 letter words containing asi
- ectoparasiticides — Plural form of ectoparasiticide.
- hydrogasification — a high-temperature, high-pressure process for producing liquid or gaseous fuels from fine particles of coal and hydrogen gas
- microdermabrasion — A cosmetic treatment in which the face is sprayed with exfoliant crystals to remove dead epidermal cells.
- quasi-competitive — of, pertaining to, involving, or decided by competition: competitive sports; a competitive examination.
- quasi-independent — not influenced or controlled by others in matters of opinion, conduct, etc.; thinking or acting for oneself: an independent thinker.
18 letter words containing asi
19 letter words containing asi
20 letter words containing asi
- quasi-constitutional — of or relating to the constitution of a state, organization, etc.
21 letter words containing asi
- quasi-socialistically — of or relating to socialists or socialism.
24 letter words containing asi
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
On this page, we collect all words with ASI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1101 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ASI that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.