Words containing ash
3 letter words containing ash
- ash — Ash is the grey or black powdery substance that is left after something is burnt. You can also refer to this substance as ashes.
4 letter words containing ash
- asha — the cosmic principle of order, justice, righteousness, and truth.
- ashe — Arthur (Robert). 1943–93, US tennis player: US champion 1968; Wimbledon champion 1975
- ashy — of a pale greyish colour; ashen
- bash — A bash is a party or celebration, especially a large one held by an official organization or attended by famous people.
- cash — Cash is money in the form of notes and coins rather than cheques.
5 letter words containing ash
- abash — to cause to feel ill at ease, embarrassed, or confused; make ashamed
- asham — (Caribbean) A dessert made from shelled and parched corn pounded into powder.
- ashed — Simple past tense and past participle of ash.
- ashen — Someone who is ashen looks very pale, especially because they are ill, shocked, or frightened.
- asher — the son of Jacob and ancestor of one of the 12 tribes of Israel
6 letter words containing ash
- abrash — any variation or change, typically striation, in the different dyes of an Oriental rug as it ages.
- akasha — (in the philosophies of India) the ether, regarded as including material and nonmaterial entities in a common medium.
- akashi — a city on W Honshu, in Japan.
- ashake — in a shaking manner
- ashame — to cause to feel ashamed
7 letter words containing ash
- -basher — -basher combines with nouns to form nouns referring to someone who is physically violent towards a particular type of person, or who is unfairly critical of a particular type of person.
- -lashed — having eyelashes as specified
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- abashes — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of abash.
- airwash — to cool (a roof or the like) with a current of air.
8 letter words containing ash
- -bashing — -bashing combines with nouns to form nouns or adjectives that refer to strong, public, and often unfair criticism of the people or group mentioned.
- abashing — Present participle of abash.
- aquashow — an exhibition of swimming and diving, often accompanied by music
- asharism — the classical synthesis of Islamic philosophical theology, formulated by al-Ashʿari.
- ashcroft — Dame Peggy. 1907–91, English stage and film actress
9 letter words containing ash
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abashless — unabashed
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- al-ashari — Abu ʾl-Hasan [ah-boo al-ha-san] /ˈɑ bu æl hæˈsæn/ (Show IPA), a.d. c873–936, the formulator of the classical synthesis in Islamic philosophical theology known as Ashʿarism.
- alewashed — showing the effects of drinking beer
10 letter words containing ash
- ashkenazic — of or relating to the Ashkenazi Jews
- backlashed — a sudden, forceful backward movement; recoil.
- backlasher — something or someone who produces a backlash
- backlashes — Plural form of backlash.
- backsplash — any tiled area by, for example, a sink, cooker or bath to prevent damage to a wall by food or water splashes
11 letter words containing ash
- abashedness — (rare) The state of being abashed; abashment. (Mid 16th century.).
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- antifashion — opposing mainstream fashion
- artsybashev — Mikhail [Russian myi-khuh-yeel] /Russian myɪ xʌˈyil/ (Show IPA), Artzybashev, Mikhail.
- artzybashev — Mikhail [myi-khuh-yeel] /myɪ xʌˈyil/ (Show IPA), 1878–1927, Russian writer.
12 letter words containing ash
- antibacklash — relating to the prevention of a violent backward reaction or movement
- artzybasheff — Boris Mikhailovich [bawr-is mi-kahy-luh-vich,, bor-;; Russian buh-ryees myi-khahy-luh-vyich] /ˈbɔr ɪs mɪˈkaɪ lə vɪtʃ,, ˈbɒr-;; Russian bʌˈryis myɪˈxaɪ lə vyɪtʃ/ (Show IPA), 1899–1965, U.S. illustrator and writer, born in Russia.
- ash-coloured — silver-grey in colour
- ashurbanipal — died ?626 bc, king of Assyria (?668–?626): son of Esarhaddon. He built the magnificent palace and library at Nineveh
- backslashing — Present participle of backslash.
13 letter words containing ash
- bottle-washer — a menial or factotum
- cash-strapped — If a person or organization is cash-strapped, they do not have enough money to buy or pay for the things they want or need.
- dasht-e-kavir — large salt-desert plateau in NC Iran: c. 18,000 sq mi (46,620 sq km)
- dasht-i-kavir — a salt waste on the central plateau of Iran: a treacherous marsh beneath a salt crust
- fashionmonger — (derogatory) One who slavishly follows the latest fashions.
14 letter words containing ash
- cash-and-carry — A cash-and-carry is a large shop where you can buy goods in larger quantities and at lower prices than in ordinary shops. Cash-and-carries are mainly used by people in business to buy goods for their shops or companies.
- fashionability — observant of or conforming to the fashion; stylish: a fashionable young woman.
- fashionmongers — Plural form of fashionmonger.
- fashionmonging — the act of analysing, following or advising others on fashion
- full-fashioned — knitted to conform to the shape of a body part, as of the foot or leg: full-fashioned hosiery.
15 letter words containing ash
- antifashionable — not conforming to mainstream fashion
- counterflashing — (construction) Formed metal or elastomeric sheeting secured on or into a wall, curb, pipe or other surface, to cover and protect the upper edge of a base flashing and its associated fasteners.
- crashworthiness — the ability of a vehicle structure to withstand a crash
- dishwasherproof — (of dishes, cooking utensils, etc.) able to withstand washing in an automatic dishwasher without breaking, chipping, fading, etc.
- fashion-forward — relating to, anticipating, or reflecting the most up-to-date fashion trends
17 letter words containing ash
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- fashion-conscious — interested in, and wanting to wear, fashionable clothes
18 letter words containing ash
On this page, we collect all words with ASH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1354 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ASH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.