Words containing ari
4 letter words containing ari
- aria — An aria is a song for one of the leading singers in an opera or choral work.
- arid — Arid land is so dry that very few plants can grow on it.
- aril — an appendage on certain seeds, such as those of the yew and nutmeg, developed from or near the funicle of the ovule and often brightly coloured and fleshy
- bari — a port in SE Italy, capital of Apulia, on the Adriatic coast. Pop: 316 532 (2001)
- dari — the local name for the dialect of the Persian language spoken in Afghanistan
5 letter words containing ari
- acari — plural of acarus.
- arian — of, relating to, or characterizing Arius or Arianism
- arias — a nymph, the mother of Miletus, by Apollo.
- arica — a port in extreme N Chile: awarded to Chile in 1929 after the lengthy Tacna-Arica dispute with Peru; outlet for Bolivian and Peruvian trade. Pop: 180 000 (2005 est)
- ariel — an Arabian gazelle, Gazella arabica (or dama)
6 letter words containing ari
- acarid — any of the small arachnids of the order Acarina (or Acari), which includes the ticks and mites
- agaric — any saprotrophic basidiomycetous fungus of the family Agaricaceae, having gills on the underside of the cap. The group includes the edible mushrooms and poisonous forms such as the fly agaric
- ajaria — an autonomous region in SW Georgia, bordered by Turkey and the Black Sea. 1120 sq. mi. (2900 sq. km). Capital: Batumi.
- alaric — ?370–410 ad, king of the Visigoths, who served under the Roman emperor Theodosius I but later invaded Greece and Italy, capturing Rome in 410
- ambari — kenaf.
7 letter words containing ari
- acarine — any of numerous arachnids of the order Acarina, comprising the mites and ticks.
- agarita — a tall shrub, Mahonia trifoliolata, of the barberry family, of southwestern North America, having stiff, oblong leaflets with spiny teeth and a red fruit used in jelly.
- amharic — the official language of Ethiopia, belonging to the SE Semitic subfamily of the Afro-Asiatic family
- andvari — a dwarf who possessed a treasure hoard, which was robbed by Loki
- aquaria — a glass-sided tank, bowl, or the like, in which fish or other living aquatic animals or plants are kept.
8 letter words containing ari
- adularia — a white or colourless glassy variety of orthoclase in the form of prismatic crystals. It occurs in metamorphic rocks and is a minor gemstone. Formula: KAlSi3O8
- aerarian — of or relating to the aerarium.
- aerarium — the state treasury in ancient Rome.
- agaricin — an impure form of agaric acid: formerly used in medicine as an agent for stopping excessive perspiration.
- agaricus — any mushroom of the genus Agaricus, comprising the meadow mushrooms and a commercially grown species, A. brunnescens.
9 letter words containing ari
- acariasis — infestation of the hair follicles and skin with acarids, esp mites
- acaricide — any drug or formulation for killing acarids
- actuarial — Actuarial means relating to the work of an actuary.
- actuarian — Insurance. a person who computes premium rates, dividends, risks, etc., according to probabilities based on statistical records.
- adapazari — city in NW Turkey: pop. 152,000
10 letter words containing ari
- acinarious — covered with globose vesicles resembling grape seeds, as certain algae.
- aeromarine — relating to navigation of aircraft above the ocean.
- al-bukhari — Muhammad ibn Ismaʿil [ib-uh n is-mah-eel] /ˈɪb ən ɪsˈmɑ il/ (Show IPA), a.d. 810–870, a collector of the Hadith.
- angularity — the condition of being angular
- apparition — An apparition is someone you see or think you see but who is not really there as a physical being.
11 letter words containing ari
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- actuarially — in an actuarial manner
- adversarial — If you describe something as adversarial, you mean that it involves two or more people or organizations who are opposing each other.
- adversaries — a person, group, or force that opposes or attacks; opponent; enemy; foe.
12 letter words containing ari
- acetostearin — a waxlike, nongreasy solid, C 23 H 44 O 5 : used chiefly as a food preservative and as a plasticizer.
- agaricaceous — belonging to the Agaricaceae, a family of fungi including mushrooms having blade-shaped gills on the underside of the cap.
- antananarivo — the capital of Madagascar, on the central plateau: founded in the 17th century by a Hova chief; university (1961). Pop: 1 808 000 (2005 est)
- antimalarial — effective in the treatment of malaria
- apparitional — of or relating to an apparition or apparitions; ghostly, spectral
13 letter words containing ari
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- antilogarithm — a number whose logarithm to a given base is a given number
- antisubmarine — (of weapons, missiles, etc) designed to combat or destroy submarines
- anythingarian — a person who adheres to no particular creed
- arbitrariness — subject to individual will or judgment without restriction; contingent solely upon one's discretion: an arbitrary decision.
14 letter words containing ari
- afro-caribbean — Afro-Caribbean refers to people from the Caribbean whose ancestors came from Africa.
- anteroparietal — situated in a forward part or on the wall of an organ or cavity.
- antiquarianism — pertaining to antiquaries or to the study of antiquities.
- arithmetically — the method or process of computation with figures: the most elementary branch of mathematics.
- attitudinarian — a person who assumes an affected attitude
15 letter words containing ari
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- aristotelianism — a philosophical tradition based on the wide-ranging belief system of Aristotle
- brillat-savarin — Anthelme (ɑ̃tɛlm). 1755–1826, French lawyer and gourmet; author of Physiologie du Goût (1825)
16 letter words containing ari
- anti-egalitarian — asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people, especially in political, economic, or social life.
- anti-trinitarian — believing in or adhering to the doctrine of the Trinity.
- austro-hungarian — of or relating to the Dual Monarchy of Austria-Hungary (1867–1918)
- authoritarianism — Authoritarianism is the state of being authoritarian or the belief that people with power, especially the State, have the right to control other people's actions.
- contemporariness — existing, occurring, or living at the same time; belonging to the same time: Newton's discovery of the calculus was contemporary with that of Leibniz.
17 letter words containing ari
- anti-humanitarian — having concern for or helping to improve the welfare and happiness of people.
- anti-totalitarian — of or relating to a centralized government that does not tolerate parties of differing opinion and that exercises dictatorial control over many aspects of life.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- arithmetic-series — a sequence in which each term is obtained by the addition of a constant number to the preceding term, as 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, and 6, 1, −4, −9, −14.
- charente-maritime — a department of W France, in Poitou-Charentes region. Capital: La Rochelle. Pop: 576 855 (2003 est). Area: 7232 sq km (2820 sq miles)
18 letter words containing ari
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- aristotles-lantern — a complex arrangement of muscles and calcareous teeth and plates forming an eversible organ in most echinoids, functioning in mastication.
- lipopolysaccharide — any of a class of polysaccharides to which lipids are attached.
- mucopolysaccharide — (formerly) glycosaminoglycan.
- neovascularization — the development of new blood vessels, especially in tissues where circulation has been impaired by trauma or disease.
19 letter words containing ari
- notre-dame-de-paris — Also called Notre Dame de Paris [French naw-truh dam duh pa-ree] /French nɔ trə dam də paˈri/ (Show IPA). a famous early gothic cathedral in Paris (started 1163).
20 letter words containing ari
21 letter words containing ari
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- mucopolysaccharidosis — Any of a group of metabolic disorders caused by the absence or malfunction of lysosomal enzymes needed to break down glycosaminoglycans.
22 letter words containing ari
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
24 letter words containing ari
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
25 letter words containing ari
28 letter words containing ari
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with ARI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3007 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ARI that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.