Words containing antho
7 letter words containing antho
8 letter words containing antho
- -anthous — having flowers (of a specified kind or number)
- acantho- — indicating a spine or thorn
- anthodia — a flower head or capitulum, especially the head of a composite plant.
- canthook — a wooden pole with a blunt steel tip and an adjustable hook at one end, used for handling logs
- lanthorn — lantern.
9 letter words containing antho
10 letter words containing antho
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- amianthoid — a fine variety of asbestos, with delicate, flexible filaments.
- anthomania — an intense fondness for flowers
- anthophore — an elongation of the receptacle of a flower between the calyx and corolla
- anthozoans — Plural form of anthozoan.
11 letter words containing antho
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
- acanthodian — any small, spiny-finned, sharklike fish of the extinct order Acanthodii, from the Paleozoic Era.
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- anacanthous — having no spines or thorns.
- anthochlore — a yellow pigment found in flowers
12 letter words containing antho
- anthocarpous — resembling or pertaining to an anthocarp
- anthocyanine — Alternative form of anthocyanin.
- anthocyanins — Plural form of anthocyanin.
- anthological — a book or other collection of selected writings by various authors, usually in the same literary form, of the same period, or on the same subject: an anthology of Elizabethan drama; an anthology of modern philosophy.
- anthologised — Simple past tense and past participle of anthologise.
13 letter words containing antho
- anthologizing — Present participle of anthologize.
- anthophyllite — a black or greenish-black mineral from the hornblende group, found in igneous and metamorphic rocks
- hysteranthous — relating to a plant whose flowers open before its leaves
- xanthochroism — a condition in certain animals, esp aquarium goldfish, in which all skin pigments other than yellow and orange disappear
- xanthochroous — light-skinned and fair-haired
14 letter words containing antho
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- anthologically — In the manner of an anthology.
- xanthomelanous — of or relating to olive-skinned and dark-haired peoples, belonging to the Xanthomelanoi division
- xanthosiderite — a mineral, hydrous iron oxide, Fe 2 O 3 ⋅2H 2 O.
15 letter words containing antho
16 letter words containing antho
17 letter words containing antho
- acanthopterygians — Plural form of acanthopterygian.
On this page, we collect all words with ANTHO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 107 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ANTHO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.