Words containing ammon
5 letter words containing ammon
- ammon — the ancestor of the Ammonites
6 letter words containing ammon
- ammono — of, or containing, ammonia
- ammons — the classical name of the Egyptian divinity Amen, whom the Greeks identified with Zeus, the Romans with Jupiter.
- gammon — deceitful nonsense; bosh.
- hammon — Jupiter, c1720–c1800, American poet.
- mammon — New Testament. riches or material wealth. Matt. 6:24; Luke 16:9,11,13.
7 letter words containing ammon
- ammonal — an explosive made by mixing TNT, ammonium nitrate, and aluminium powder
- ammonia — Ammonia is a colourless liquid or gas with a strong, sharp smell. It is used in making household cleaning substances.
- ammonic — of or concerned with ammonia or ammonium compounds
- ammono- — ammonia
- gammons — Plural form of gammon.
8 letter words containing ammon
- ammonate — ammoniate (def 2).
- ammoniac — a strong-smelling gum resin obtained from the stems of the N Asian umbelliferous plant Dorema ammoniacum and formerly used as an expectorant, stimulant, perfume, and in porcelain cement
- ammonify — to treat or impregnate with ammonia or a compound of ammonia
- ammonite — any extinct marine cephalopod mollusc of the order Ammonoidea, which were common in Mesozoic times and generally had a coiled partitioned shell. Their closest modern relative is the pearly nautilus
- ammonium — of, consisting of, or containing the monovalent group NH4– or the ion NH4+
9 letter words containing ammon
10 letter words containing ammon
11 letter words containing ammon
- ammoniation — (chemistry) Treatment, or reaction with ammonia.
- ammonifying — Present participle of ammonify.
- ammonolysis — solvolysis in liquid ammonia
- ammonotelic — excreting ammonia as the main nitrogenous waste: characteristic of freshwater fishes and many aquatic invertebrates
- backgammons — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of backgammon.
12 letter words containing ammon
- cuprammonium — an ion of copper oxide used (in solution) in the manufacture of rayon and other man-made fibres
13 letter words containing ammon
- mammonization — The process of making mammonish; the state of being under the influence of mammonism.
14 letter words containing ammon
- ammonification — infusion with ammonia or ammonium compounds
15 letter words containing ammon
- aqueous-ammonia — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
16 letter words containing ammon
- ammonia-solution — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
- hydroxylammonium — (inorganic compound) The univalent NH3OH+ cation, derived from hydroxylamine.
On this page, we collect all words with AMMON. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 94 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AMMON that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.