Words containing amm
4 letter words containing amm
5 letter words containing amm
- amman — the capital of Jordan, northeast of the Dead Sea: ancient capital of the Ammonites, rebuilt by Ptolemy in the 3rd century bc. Pop: 1 292 000 (2005 est)
- ammon — the ancestor of the Ammonites
- bammy — (Scotland, slang) Crazy.
- damme — an exclamation of surprise or annoyance
- dammy — Alternative form of damme.
6 letter words containing amm
- ammine — a compound that has molecules containing one or more ammonia molecules bound to another molecule, group, or atom by coordinate bonds
- ammino — relating to or characteristic of an ammine
- ammono — of, or containing, ammonia
- ammons — the classical name of the Egyptian divinity Amen, whom the Greeks identified with Zeus, the Romans with Jupiter.
- bammed — Simple past tense and past participle of bam.
7 letter words containing amm
- ammeter — an instrument for measuring an electric current in amperes
- ammetre — (nonstandard, and, now, obsolete) Alternative form of ammeter.
- ammino- — containing one or more ammines
- ammonal — an explosive made by mixing TNT, ammonium nitrate, and aluminium powder
- ammonia — Ammonia is a colourless liquid or gas with a strong, sharp smell. It is used in making household cleaning substances.
8 letter words containing amm
- ammanati — Bartolommeo [bahr-taw-lawm-me-aw] /ˌbɑr tɔ lɔmˈmɛ ɔ/ (Show IPA), 1511–92, Italian architect and sculptor.
- ammeters — Plural form of ammeter.
- ammianus — Marcellinus [mahr-suh-lahy-nuh s] /ˌmɑr səˈlaɪ nəs/ (Show IPA), a.d. c325–c398, Roman historian.
- ammocete — ammocoete
- ammonate — ammoniate (def 2).
9 letter words containing amm
- ammocoete — the larva of primitive jawless vertebrates, such as the lamprey, that lives buried in mud and feeds on microorganisms
- ammoniate — to unite or treat with ammonia
- ammonical — (inorganic chemistry) Of or pertaining to ammonia.
- ammonites — a nomadic tribe living east of the Jordan: a persistent enemy of the Israelites
- ammonitic — Relating to, or containing, ammonites.
10 letter words containing amm
- aerogramme — a lightweight letter form with imprinted stamp and gummed flaps, used for airmail correspondence to other countries; air letter
- agrammatic — Of, pertaining to, or afflicted by agrammatism.
- ammocoetes — Plural form of ammocoete.
- ammoniacal — of, containing, using, or resembling ammonia
- ammoniated — to treat or cause to unite with ammonia.
11 letter words containing amm
- adrammelech — one of the gods worshiped by the Sepharvites. II Kings 17:31. Compare Anammelech.
- agrammatism — a type of aphasia, usually caused by cerebral disease, characterized by an inability to construct a grammatical or intelligible sentence while retaining the ability to speak single words.
- agrammatist — One suffering from agrammatism.
- ammishaddai — the father of Ahiezer, the Danite. Num. 1:12; 2:25.
- ammoniation — (chemistry) Treatment, or reaction with ammonia.
12 letter words containing amm
- agrammatical — not obeying the rules of grammar
- anagrammatic — a word, phrase, or sentence formed from another by rearranging its letters: “Angel” is an anagram of “glean.”.
- candygrammar — (language) A programming-language grammar that is mostly syntactic sugar; a play on "candygram". COBOL, Apple Computer's Hypertalk language, and many 4GLs share this property. The intent is to be as English-like as possible and thus easier for unskilled people to program. However, syntax isn't what makes programming hard; it's the mental effort and organisation required to specify an algorithm precisely. Thus "candygrammar" languages are just as difficult to program in, and far more painful for the experienced hacker.
- cobaltammine — any of the various complex derivatives of cobalt containing one or more molecules of ammonia bonded to the cobalt.
- cuprammonium — an ion of copper oxide used (in solution) in the manufacture of rayon and other man-made fibres
13 letter words containing amm
14 letter words containing amm
- ammonification — infusion with ammonia or ammonium compounds
- anagrammatical — Alternative form of anagrammatic.
- anagrammatized — Simple past tense and past participle of anagrammatize.
- diagrammatical — in the form of a diagram; graphic; outlined.
- epigrammatical — Pertaining to, or in the form of, an epigram.
15 letter words containing amm
- anagrammatizing — Present participle of anagrammatize.
- aqueous-ammonia — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
- gotterdammerung — German Mythology. the destruction of the gods and of all things in a final battle with evil powers: erroneous modern translation of the Old Icelandic Ragnarǫk, meaning “fate of the gods,” misunderstood as Ragnarökkr, meaning “twilight of the gods.”.
- grammaticalness — (of language) The state or attribute of obeying the rules of grammar; grammatical correctness.
- hierogrammatist — a writer of hierograms, hierogrammate
16 letter words containing amm
- ammonia-solution — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
- anagrammatically — In an anagrammatic manner.
- antiinflammatory — Alternative spelling of anti-inflammatory.
- diagrammatically — in the form of a diagram; graphic; outlined.
- epigrammatically — In a manner suggesting of an epigram.
17 letter words containing amm
18 letter words containing amm
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- counterprogramming — the practice of scheduling a program opposite another program, esp. a popular one, that appeals to a different kind of audience, as in placing a romantic film directed at women opposite a sports program mainly watched by men
- system-programming — a program, as an operating system, compiler, or utility program, that controls some aspect of the operation of a computer (opposed to application program).
19 letter words containing amm
- counter-programming — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
21 letter words containing amm
- hypogammaglobulinemia — A type of immune disorder characterised by a reduction in all types of gamma globulins.
On this page, we collect all words with AMM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 845 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AMM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.