Words containing air
3 letter words containing air
- air — Air is the mixture of gases which forms the Earth's atmosphere and which we breathe.
4 letter words containing air
- aire — a river in N England rising in the Pennines and flowing southeast to the Ouse. Length: 112 km (70 miles)
- airs — affected manners intended to impress others (esp in the phrases give oneself airs, put on airs)
- airt — a direction or point of the compass, esp the direction of the wind; quarter; region
- airy — If a building or room is airy, it has a lot of fresh air inside, usually because it is large.
- cair — (intransitive, obsolete) To go.
5 letter words containing air
6 letter words containing air
- affair — If an event or a series of events has been mentioned and you want to talk about it again, you can refer to it as the affair.
- airbag — An airbag is a safety device in a car which automatically fills with air if the car crashes, and is designed to protect the people in the car when they are thrown forward in the crash.
- airbed — An airbed is a plastic or rubber mattress which can be folded or stored flat and which you fill with air before you use it.
- airbus — An Airbus is an aeroplane which is designed to carry a large number of passengers for fairly short distances.
- aircav — air cavalry.
7 letter words containing air
8 letter words containing air
- air-cool — to cool (an engine) by a flow of air
- air-core — having a nonmagnetic core, as one of fiber or plastic, encircled by a coil (air-core coil) or containing one or more such coils: air-core transformer.
- air-line — straight; direct; traveling a direct route: Some railroads advertise air-line routes between stations.
- air-lock — to place in or confine to an air lock: to air-lock divers before they descend.
- air-ship — to send or ship via aircraft: to air-ship machine parts overseas.
9 letter words containing air
- -impaired — You use -impaired in adjectives where you are describing someone with a particular disability. For example, someone who is hearing-impaired has a disability affecting their hearing, and someone who is visually-impaired has a disability affecting their sight.
- air-bound — stopped up by air.
- air-dried — preserved by exposing to the air and allowing to dry
- air-lance — to clean with an air lance.
- air-slake — to slake (lime or the like) with moist air.
10 letter words containing air
- air-cooled — An air-cooled engine is prevented from getting too hot when it is running by cool air that passes over it, rather than being cooled by a liquid.
- air-intake — an opening in an aircraft through which air is drawn, esp for the engines
- air-logged — (of a pump or system of piping) hindered in its functioning by an air lock; air-bound.
- air-minded — interested in or promoting aviation or aircraft
- air-to-air — Air-to-air combat is a battle between military aeroplanes where rockets or bullets are fired at one aeroplane from another.
11 letter words containing air
- air-breathe — (of an engine, aircraft, missile, etc.) to take in air from the atmosphere to oxidize the fuel for combustion.
- air-express — to send or transport by air express: Your package will be air-expressed and should reach its destination tomorrow.
- air-shipped — to send or ship via aircraft: to air-ship machine parts overseas.
- air-sprayed — sprayed by means of compressed air
- airboarding — a snow sport in which participants slide down slopes headfirst lying flat on an inflatable board
12 letter words containing air
- air-breather — an aircraft, missile, or submarine engine that requires air from the atmosphere for the combustion of its fuel.
- aircraftsman — a person holding the rank of noncommissioned officer in the RAF.
- airfreighted — Simple past tense and past participle of airfreight.
- airpocalypse — (informal) The presence of dense smog in many parts of China.
- airtightness — the quality of being airtight
13 letter words containing air
- air-breathing — (of an engine, aircraft, missile, etc.) to take in air from the atmosphere to oxidize the fuel for combustion.
- air-condition — to apply air conditioning to
- air-hardening — noting any metal, especially alloy steel, that can be hardened from above its transformation point by cooling in air.
- air-to-ground — operating between an aircraft in flight and a target on the ground
- aircraftwoman — The female equivalent of an aircraftman.
14 letter words containing air
15 letter words containing air
- air-superiority — designating a fighter aircraft built for long patrol capability at high altitudes and supersonic speeds, with air-to-air combat as its principal mission.
- airconditioning — Alternative spelling of air conditioning.
- cairngorm-stone — smoky quartz.
- chairpersonship — a person who presides over a meeting, committee, board, etc.
- commissionaires — Plural form of commissionaire.
16 letter words containing air
- ducktail-haircut — DA.
- hearing-impaired — having reduced or deficient hearing ability; hard-of-hearing: special programs for hearing-impaired persons.
- heavier-than-air — (of an aircraft) weighing more than the air that it displaces, hence having to obtain lift by aerodynamic means.
- lighter-than-air — (of an aircraft) weighing less than the air it displaces, hence obtaining lift from aerostatic buoyancy.
- multimillionaire — a person who possesses a fortune that amounts to many millions of dollars, francs, etc.
17 letter words containing air
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- multi-millionaire — a person who possesses a fortune that amounts to many millions of dollars, francs, etc.
- multimillionaires — Plural form of multimillionaire.
- retrocessionaires — a reinsurance company that accepts or takes a retrocession.
20 letter words containing air
- llanfairpwllgwyngyll — a village in NW Wales, in SE Anglesey: reputed to be the longest place name in Great Britain when unabbreviated; means: St Mary's Church in the hollow of the white hazel near the rapid whirlpool of Llandysilio of the red cave
On this page, we collect all words with AIR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1604 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AIR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.