Words containing ag
2 letter words containing ag
- ag — an expression of surprise, annoyance, pleasure, etc
3 letter words containing ag
- ag- — ad-
- aga — a title of respect, often used with the title of a senior position
- agc — automatic gain control
- age — Your age is the number of years that you have lived.
- agm — The AGM of a company or organization is a meeting which it holds once a year in order to discuss the previous year's activities and accounts. AGM is an abbreviation for 'Annual General Meeting'.
4 letter words containing ag
- agag — an Amalekite king who was captured and spared by Saul but later killed by Samuel. I Sam. 15.
- agal — (among Arabs) a cord wound around a kaffiyeh to hold it in place.
- agar — a complex gelatinous carbohydrate obtained from seaweeds, esp those of the genus Gelidium, used as a culture medium for bacteria, a laxative, in food such as ice cream as a thickening agent (E406), etc
- agba — a tropical tree, Gossweilerodendron balsamiferum, of the legume family.
- aged — You use aged followed by a number to say how old someone is.
5 letter words containing ag
- adage — An adage is something which people often say and which expresses a general truth about some aspect of life.
- agada — the nonlegal or narrative material, as parables, maxims, or anecdotes, in the Talmud and other rabbinical literature, serving either to illustrate the meaning or purpose of the law, custom, or Biblical passage being discussed or to introduce a different, unrelated topic.
- agade — a city on the Euphrates in N Babylonia, the centre of a major empire and civilization (2360–2180 bc)
- again — You use again to indicate that something happens a second time, or after it has already happened before.
- agama — any small terrestrial lizard of the genus Agama, which inhabit warm regions of the Old World: family Agamidae
6 letter words containing ag
- adages — a traditional saying expressing a common experience or observation; proverb.
- adagio — Adagio written above a piece of music means that it should be played slowly.
- agabus — a Christian prophet who predicted a great famine. Acts 11:28.
- agadir — a port in SW Morocco, which became the centre of an international crisis (1911), when a gunboat arrived to protect German interests. Britain issued a strong warning to Germany but the French negotiated and war was averted. In 1960 the town was virtually destroyed by an earthquake, about 10 000 people being killed. Pop: 385 000 (2003)
- agamic — asexual; occurring or reproducing without fertilization
7 letter words containing ag
- abagtha — one of the seven eunuchs who served in the court of King Ahasuerus. Esther 1:10.
- abatage — the slaughter of animals, especially the slaughter of diseased animals to prevent the infection of others.
- abishag — a young maiden brought to David in his old age as a nurse and companion. I Kings 1:1–4.
- abusage — wrong or improper use
- acreage — Acreage is a large area of farm land.
8 letter words containing ag
- abattage — the slaughter of animals, especially the slaughter of diseased animals to prevent the infection of others.
- aedeagus — the phallus of a male insect.
- agalloch — the fragrant, resinous wood of an East Indian tree, Aquilaria agallocha, of the mezereum family, used as incense in Asia.
- agalwood — a soft, resinous wood of the Asain tree Aquilaria malaccensis, known for its aromatic qualities, and used in incense
- agaricin — an impure form of agaric acid: formerly used in medicine as an agent for stopping excessive perspiration.
9 letter words containing ag
- aboardage — collision between two vessels meeting side-on or at a slight angle.
- aconcagua — a mountain in W Argentina: the highest peak in the Andes and in the W Hemisphere. Height: 6960 m (22 835 ft)
- adephagia — bulimia (def 1).
- advantage — An advantage is something that puts you in a better position than other people.
- aedoeagus — aedeagus.
10 letter words containing ag
- advantaged — A person or place that is advantaged is in a better social or financial position than other people or places.
- aerophagia — spasmodic swallowing of air, a habit that can lead to belching and stomach pain
- afterimage — a sustained or renewed sensation, esp visual, after the original stimulus has ceased
- agapanthus — a liliaceous plant, Agapanthus africanus, of southern Africa, having rounded clusters of blue or white funnel-shaped flowers
- agathocles — 361–289 b.c, tyrant of Syracuse 317–289.
11 letter words containing ag
- agamospermy — formation of seeds in the absence of fertilization; a form of apomixis
- agastrophus — a son of Paeon who was slain by Diomedes.
- agglomerate — to form or be formed into a mass or cluster; collect
- agglutinant — sticking together; adhesive
- agglutinate — to adhere or cause to adhere, as with glue
12 letter words containing ag
- advantageous — If something is advantageous to you, it is likely to benefit you.
- aeromagnetic — of magnetism in the atmosphere
- agamogenesis — asexual reproduction, such as fission or parthenogenesis
- agaricaceous — belonging to the Agaricaceae, a family of fungi including mushrooms having blade-shaped gills on the underside of the cap.
- agglomerated — gathered together into a cluster or mass.
13 letter words containing ag
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- actor-manager — a leading actor who produces and usually stars in his or her own productions: Sir Henry Irving was one of the first actor-managers.
- aeromagnetics — the science of measuring magnetic characteristics associated with atmospheric conditions of the earth.
- aganglionosis — (medicine) A medical condition involving absence of ganglia.
- agent-general — a representative in London of a Canadian province or an Australian state
14 letter words containing ag
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- aggrandisement — an act or instance of aggrandizing, or increasing in size, or intensity: aggrandizement of mercantile trade in the early colonies.
- aggrandizement — If someone does something for aggrandizement, they do it in order to get power, wealth, and importance for themselves.
- aggressiveness — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- agriculturally — the science, art, or occupation concerned with cultivating land, raising crops, and feeding, breeding, and raising livestock; farming.
15 letter words containing ag
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- anthropophagite — a cannibal
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
16 letter words containing ag
- antagonistically — acting in opposition; opposing, especially mutually.
- archaeomagnetism — an archaeological technique for dating certain clay objects by measuring the extent to which they have been magnetized by the earth's magnetic field
- biomagnification — biological magnification.
- chagas---disease — an infectious disease caused by the protozoan Trypanosoma cruzi, occurring chiefly in tropical America and characterized by irregular fever, palpable lymph nodes, and often heart damage.
- choanoflagellate — any flagellate of the genera Monosiga and Proterospongia, having a protoplasmic collar encircling the base of the flagellum.
17 letter words containing ag
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
- champagne-ardenne — a region of NE France: a countship and commercial centre in medieval times; it consists of a great plain, with sheep and dairy farms and many vineyards
- counterpropaganda — propaganda to offset or nullify unfriendly or enemy propaganda.
18 letter words containing ag
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- counter-aggression — the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
19 letter words containing ag
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
21 letter words containing ag
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
22 letter words containing ag
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
On this page, we collect all words with AG. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7811 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AG that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.