Words containing af
3 letter words containing af
4 letter words containing af
5 letter words containing af
6 letter words containing af
- afeard — frightened; afraid
- affair — If an event or a series of events has been mentioned and you want to talk about it again, you can refer to it as the affair.
- affear — (archaic) To frighten, to scare; to terrify.
- affect — If something affects a person or thing, it influences them or causes them to change in some way.
- affied — Simple past tense and past participle of affy.
7 letter words containing af
8 letter words containing af
- afebrile — without fever
- affeared — Simple past tense and past participle of affear.
- affected — If you describe someone's behaviour as affected, you disapprove of the fact that they behave in an unnatural way that is intended to impress other people.
- affecter — a person who makes a real or pretence show of liking, being, or knowing something
- afferent — bringing or directing inwards to a part or an organ of the body, esp towards the brain or spinal cord
9 letter words containing af
- abafungin — A broad-spectrum antifungal agent with a novel mechanism of action for the treatment of dermatomycosis.
- affadavit — Misspelling of affidavit.
- affatuate — (obsolete) To infatuate.
- affecters — to give the appearance of; pretend or feign: to affect knowledge of the situation.
- affecting — If you describe something such as a story or a piece of music as affecting, you think it is good because it makes you feel a strong emotion, especially sadness or pity.
10 letter words containing af
- affability — pleasantly easy to approach and to talk to; friendly; cordial; warmly polite: an affable and courteous gentleman.
- affectable — having the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectedly — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectible — Alternative form of affectable.
- affections — feelings of fondness, esteem
11 letter words containing af
- affableness — The state or quality of being affable.
- affectation — If you say that someone's attitude or behaviour is an affectation, you disapprove of the fact that it is not genuine or natural, but is intended to impress other people.
- affectingly — In a manner so as to affect.
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- affectioned — Simple past tense and past participle of affection.
12 letter words containing af
- affamishment — (obsolete) starvation.
- affectations — Plural form of affectation.
- affectedness — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectionado — Misspelling of aficionado.
- affectionate — If you are affectionate, you show your love or fondness for another person in the way that you behave towards them.
13 letter words containing af
- affectability — the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectibility — The quality or state of being affectible.
- affectionally — In an affectional manner.
- affectionated — Simple past tense and past participle of affectionate.
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
14 letter words containing af
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- afro-caribbean — Afro-Caribbean refers to people from the Caribbean whose ancestors came from Africa.
15 letter words containing af
- affirmativeness — The property of being affirmative.
- cafeteria-style — set up to allow a variety of choices.
- friedrichshafen — a city in Baden-Württemberg, S Germany, on Lake Constance.
- intrafascicular — between the xylem and phloem elements of a vascular bundle
- kaffeeklatscher — a person who participates, especially regularly, in a kaffee klatsch.
16 letter words containing af
- affectionateness — The state or quality of being affectionate.
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
- african-canadian — a Canadian of African descent
- narcotrafficking — the buying and selling of illegal drugs.
- paraformaldehyde — a white, crystalline polymer of formaldehyde, (HCOH) n , from which it is obtained by evaporation of the aqueous solution: used chiefly as an antiseptic.
17 letter words containing af
19 letter words containing af
- safety-squeeze-play — Baseball. Also called suicide squeeze, suicide squeeze play. a play executed when there is a runner on third base and usually not more than one out, in which the runner starts for home as soon as the pitcher makes a motion to pitch, and the batter bunts. Also called safety squeeze, safety squeeze play. a similar play in which the runner on third base waits until the batter has successfully bunted before trying to score.
- tetrafluoroethylene — a colorless, water-insoluble, flammable gas, C 2 F 4 , used in the synthesis of certain polymeric resins, as Teflon.
23 letter words containing af
- polytetrafluoroethylene — any polymer, plastic, or resin having the formula (C 2 F 4) n , prepared from tetrafluoroethylene, noted for its slippery, nonsticking properties, and used in the manufacture of gaskets, electrical insulation, tubing, candy molds, container linings, frying-pan coatings, etc.
On this page, we collect all words with AF. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2275 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AF that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.