Words containing adv
4 letter words containing adv
6 letter words containing adv
- advect — (of air, water) to move horizontally
- advene — to become part of or be added to something
- advent — In the Christian church, Advent is the period between Advent Sunday, the Sunday closest to the 30th of November, and Christmas Day.
- adverb — An adverb is a word such as 'slowly', 'now', 'very', 'politically', or 'fortunately' which adds information about the action, event, or situation mentioned in a clause.
- advert — An advert is an announcement in a newspaper, on television, or on a poster about something such as a product, event, or job.
7 letter words containing adv
- advaita — one of the two principal Vedantic schools, asserting the existence of Brahman alone, whose appearance as the world is an illusion resulting from ignorance. Compare dvaita (def 2).
- advance — To advance means to move forward, often in order to attack someone.
- advents — Plural form of advent.
- adverbs — any member of a class of words that function as modifiers of verbs or clauses, and in some languages, as Latin and English, as modifiers of adjectives, other adverbs, or adverbial phrases, as very in very nice, much in much more impressive, and tomorrow in She'll write to you tomorrow. They relate to what they modify by indicating place (I promise to be there), time (Do your homework now!), manner (She sings beautifully), circumstance (He accidentally dropped the glass when the bell rang), degree (I'm very happy to see you), or cause (I draw, although badly). See also sentence adverb.
- adverse — Adverse decisions, conditions, or effects are unfavourable to you.
8 letter words containing adv
- advanced — An advanced system, method, or design is modern and has been developed from an earlier version of the same thing.
- advancer — a person or thing that advances.
- advances — personal overtures made in an attempt to become friendly, gain a favour, etc
- advected — Simple past tense and past participle of advect.
- adverted — to remark or comment; refer (usually followed by to): He adverted briefly to the news of the day.
9 letter words containing adv
- advancers — Plural form of advancer.
- advanceth — (archaic) Third-person singular simple present indicative form of advance.
- advancing — to move or bring forward: The general advanced his troops to the new position.
- advantage — An advantage is something that puts you in a better position than other people.
- advection — the transference of heat energy in a horizontal stream of gas, esp of air
10 letter words containing adv
- advantaged — A person or place that is advantaged is in a better social or financial position than other people or places.
- advantages — A condition or circumstance that puts one in a favorable or superior position.
- adventitia — the outermost covering of an organ or part, esp the outer coat of a blood vessel
- adventured — Simple past tense and past participle of adventure.
- adventurer — An adventurer is a person who enjoys going to new, unusual, and exciting places.
11 letter words containing adv
- advance-fee — money paid in advance, as for goods or services, to a commission agent or the like.
- advancement — Advancement is progress in your job or in your social position.
- advantaging — Present participle of advantage.
- adventitial — of or relating to the adventitia
- adventurers — Plural form of adventurer.
12 letter words containing adv
13 letter words containing adv
14 letter words containing adv
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- adventitiously — associated with something by chance rather than as an integral part; extrinsic.
- advertisements — Plural form of advertisement.
- animadversions — Plural form of animadversion.
- disadvantaging — Present participle of disadvantage.
15 letter words containing adv
- adventuresomely — In an adventuresome manner.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- disadvantageous — characterized by or involving disadvantage; unfavorable; detrimental.
- non-adversarial — a person, group, or force that opposes or attacks; opponent; enemy; foe.
- over-advertised — to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it: to advertise a new brand of toothpaste.
16 letter words containing adv
- advantageousness — The state or quality of being advantageous.
- adventitiousness — The degree to which a thing is adventitious.
- self-advancement — an act of moving forward.
- self-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
17 letter words containing adv
- adventuresomeness — The state or quality of being adventuresome.
- consumer-advocate — Also called consumer advocate. a person who is dedicated to protecting and promoting the welfare and rights of consumers.
- disadvantagedness — The quality of being disadvantaged.
- disadvantageously — In a disadvantageous manner.
18 letter words containing adv
- self-advertisement — a paid announcement, as of goods for sale, in newspapers or magazines, on radio or television, etc.
19 letter words containing adv
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- disadvantageousness — The state or quality of being disadvantageous.
On this page, we collect all words with ADV. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 396 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ADV that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.