Words containing adi
4 letter words containing adi
- adie — Kathryn, known as Kate. born 1945, British television journalist, noted esp for her frontline reporting of revolutions, wars, etc
- adin — advantage (def 5).
- adit — an almost horizontal shaft into a mine, for access or drainage
- cadi — a judge in a Muslim community
- gadi — A cushioned seat used by Indian princes.
5 letter words containing adi
- adieu — Adieu means the same as goodbye.
- adige — a river in N Italy, flowing southeast to the Adriatic. Length: 354 km (220 miles)
- adios — goodbye; farewell
- aditi — (database, project) The Aditi Deductive Database System. A multi-user deductive database system from the Machine Intelligence Project at the University of Melbourne. It supports base relations defined by facts (relations in the sense of relational databases) and derived relations defined by rules that specify how to compute new information from old information. Both base relations and the rules defining derived relations are stored on disk and are accessed as required during query evaluation. The rules defining derived relations are expressed in a Prolog-like language, which is also used for expressing queries. Aditi supports the full structured data capability of Prolog. Base relations can store arbitrarily nested terms, for example arbitrary length lists, and rules can directly manipulate such terms. Base relations can be indexed with B-trees or multi-level signature files. Users can access the system through a Motif-based query and database administration tool, or through a command line interface. There is also in interface that allows NU-Prolog programs to access Aditi in a transparent manner. Proper transaction processing is not supported in this release. The beta release runs on SPARC/SunOS4.1.2 and MIPS/Irix4.0. E-mail: <[email protected]>.
- adits — Plural form of adit.
6 letter words containing adi
7 letter words containing adi
- acadian — denoting or relating to Acadia or its inhabitants
- adiabat — a line on a thermodynamic chart relating the pressure and temperature of a substance undergoing an adiabatic change.
- adichie — Chimamanda Ngozi, born 1977, Nigerian novelist; her novels include Purple Hibiscus (2003) and Half of a Yellow Sun (2006), which won the 2007 Orange Prize for Fiction
- adipate — a salt or ester of adipic acid.
- adipose — of, resembling, or containing fat; fatty
8 letter words containing adi
- abrading — Present participle of abrade.
- accadian — the eastern Semitic language, now extinct, of Assyria and Babylonia, written with a cuneiform script.
- adiantum — The maidenhair fern and related ferns (of the genus Adiantum).
- adiposis — obesity or excessive fatness
- adiprene — a polyurethane elastomer with exceptional abrasion resistance and strength
9 letter words containing adi
10 letter words containing adi
11 letter words containing adi
- adiaphorism — a Christian Protestant theological theory that certain rites and actions are matters of indifference in religion since not forbidden by the Scriptures
- adiaphorous — having no effect for good or ill, as a drug or placebo
- adiathermic — impervious to heat
- adipocerite — hatchettite.
- adipocerous — Like adipocere.
12 letter words containing adi
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
- adiaphoretic — preventing or reducing perspiration.
- adiapneustia — (medicine) defective perspiration; adiaphoresis.
- adiponitrile — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 8 N 2 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of nylon.
13 letter words containing adi
- adiabatically — in an adiabetic manner
- all-pervading — spreading through or into everything
- antiradiation — Countering radiation.
- autoradiogram — autoradiograph
- bandspreading — an additional tuning control in some radio receivers whereby a selected narrow band of frequencies can be spread over a wider frequency band, in order to give finer control of tuning
14 letter words containing adi
- antiradicalism — the opposition to radicalism
- autoradiograph — a photograph showing the distribution of a radioactive substance in a specimen. The photographic plate is exposed by radiation from the specimen
- breech-loading — (of a firearm) loaded at the breech
- contradictable — Capable of being contradicted.
- contradictions — the act of contradicting; gainsaying or opposition.
15 letter words containing adi
- anti-radicalism — the holding or following of radical or extreme views or principles.
- antitraditional — opposed to or acting with disregard for tradition
- autoradiographs — Plural form of autoradiograph.
- autoradiography — the technique or process of making autoradiographs.
- canadianization — to make Canadian in character.
16 letter words containing adi
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- african-canadian — a Canadian of African descent
- autoradiographic — Of or pertaining to an autoradiograph, a radiographic image produced by the decay of a radioactive substance.
- bird-of-paradise — Also called bird-of-paradise flower. any of several plants of the genus Strelitzia, native to southern Africa, especially S. reginae, having a large, showy orange and blue inflorescence.
17 letter words containing adi
- chemoradiotherapy — (medicine) A combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy used to treat some cancers.
- contradictoriness — asserting the contrary or opposite; contradicting; inconsistent; logically opposite: contradictory statements.
- contradistinction — a distinction made by contrasting different qualities
- contradistinctive — distinction by opposition or contrast: plants and animals in contradistinction to humans.
- contradistinguish — to differentiate by means of contrasting or opposing qualities
18 letter words containing adi
- contradistinctions — Plural form of contradistinction.
- osteoradionecrosis — bone tissue death induced by radiation.
- radiocommunication — communication by means of radio waves
- self-contradiction — an act or instance of contradicting oneself or itself.
- self-contradictory — an act or instance of contradicting oneself or itself.
19 letter words containing adi
- contradistinctively — In contradistinction.
- contradistinguished — Simple past tense and past participle of contradistinguish.
- contradistinguishes — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of contradistinguish.
- cyclohexadienedione — (organic chemistry) benzoquinone.
- ladies-of-the-night — plural of lady-of-the-night.
20 letter words containing adi
- contradistinguishing — Present participle of contradistinguish.
22 letter words containing adi
- dicyclopentadienyliron — ferrocene (def 1).
On this page, we collect all words with ADI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1339 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ADI that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.