Words containing adam
4 letter words containing adam
- adam — the first man, created by God: the progenitor of the human race (Genesis 2–3)
5 letter words containing adam
- adam7 — (graphics, algorithm) One of the progressive coding methods used in PNG images. Adam7, named after its author, Adam M. Costello, consists of seven distinct passes over the image. Each pass transmits a subset of the pixels in the image. The pass in which each pixel is transmitted is defined by replicating the following 8-by-8 pattern over the entire image, starting at the top left: 1 6 4 6 2 6 4 6 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 5 6 5 6 5 6 5 6 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 3 6 4 6 3 6 4 6 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 5 6 5 6 5 6 5 6 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 (2000-09-12)
- adama — Admah.
- adami — Edward Fenech. born 1934, Maltese politician, president of Malta (2004–2009)
- adamo — (database) A data management system written at CERN, based on the Entity-Relationship model.
- adams — a mountain in SW Washington, in the Cascade Range. Height: 3751 m (12 307 ft)
6 letter words containing adam
- adamas — Admah.
- adamic — pertaining to or suggestive of Adam.
- adamov — Arthur. 1908–70, French dramatist, born in Russia: one of the foremost exponents of the Theatre of the Absurd. His plays include Le Professeur Taranne (1953), Le Ping-Pong (1955), and Le Printemps '71 (1960)
- madame — a French title of respect equivalent to “Mrs.”, used alone or prefixed to a woman's married name or title: Madame Curie.
- madams — (often initial capital letter) a polite term of address to a woman, originally used only to a woman of rank or authority: Madam President; May I help you, madam?
7 letter words containing adam
- adamant — If someone is adamant about something, they are determined not to change their mind about it.
- adamawa — a state of Nigeria, in the E on the border with Cameroon. Capital: Yola. Pop: 3 168 101 (2006). Area: 36 917 sq km (14 254 sq miles)
- adament — Misspelling of adamant.
- adamite — a human being
- adamkus — Valdas. born 1926, Lithuanian politician, president of Lithuania (1998–2003, 2004–2009))
8 letter words containing adam
- adamance — a state of resoluteness
- adamancy — a state of resoluteness
- adamsite — a yellow poisonous crystalline solid that readily sublimes; diphenylaminechlorarsine. It is used in chemical warfare as a vomiting agent. Formula: C6H4AsClNHC6H4; relative density: 1.65; melting pt: 195°C; boiling pt: 410°C
- hadamard — Jacques Salomon [zhahk sa-law-mawn] /ʒɑk sa lɔˈmɔ̃/ (Show IPA), 1865–1963, French mathematician.
- pappadam — an Indian flatbread made of lentil flour, often topped with chutney or various dips or salsas.
9 letter words containing adam
- adamantly — utterly unyielding in attitude or opinion in spite of all appeals, urgings, etc.
- adamently — Misspelling of adamantly.
- macadamia — any Australian tree of the genus Macadamia, especially M. ternifolia, having whorled leaves and elongated clusters of pink flowers.
- preadamic — occurring or existing before Adam
10 letter words containing adam
- adamakegen — (tool) A program that generates makefiles for Ada programs. Adamakegen was written by Owen O'Malley <[email protected]>. It requires Icon and runs under Verdix and SunAda.
- adamantane — a white crystalline alicyclic hydrocarbon, C 10 H 16 , consisting of four fused cyclohexane rings, with the carbon atoms arranged as in the diamond lattice.
- adamantean — of or relating to adamant
- adamantine — very hard; unbreakable or unyielding
- adamantium — A fictional metal that is indestructible or nearly so.
11 letter words containing adam
- macadamized — Simple past tense and past participle of macadamize.
- macadamizes — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of macadamize.
- nostradamic — of or pertaining to Nostradamus or resembling his work; prophetic
- nostradamus — (Michel de Nostredame) 1503–66, French astrologer.
- pre-adamite — a person supposed to have existed before Adam.
12 letter words containing adam
- adam-and-eve — puttyroot
- macadamizing — Present participle of macadamize.
- rhadamanthus — Classical Mythology. a son of Zeus and Europa, rewarded for the justice he exemplified on earth by being made, after his death, a judge in the Underworld, where he served with his brothers Minos and Aeacus.
- rhadamanthys — Classical Mythology. a son of Zeus and Europa, rewarded for the justice he exemplified on earth by being made, after his death, a judge in the Underworld, where he served with his brothers Minos and Aeacus.
13 letter words containing adam
- adam's-needle — a North American liliaceous plant, Yucca filamentosa, that has a tall woody stem, stiff pointed leaves, and large clusters of white flowers arranged in spikes. It is cultivated as an ornamental plant
- rhadamanthine — Classical Mythology. a son of Zeus and Europa, rewarded for the justice he exemplified on earth by being made, after his death, a judge in the Underworld, where he served with his brothers Minos and Aeacus.
- unmacadamized — (of a road) not constructed or surfaced with macadam
14 letter words containing adam
- macadamization — to pave by laying and compacting successive layers of broken stone, often with asphalt or hot tar.
15 letter words containing adam
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
On this page, we collect all words with ADAM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 82 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ADAM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.