Words containing actin
5 letter words containing actin
- actin — a protein that participates in many kinds of cell movement, including muscle contraction, during which it interacts with filaments of a second protein, myosin
6 letter words containing actin
7 letter words containing actin
- actinal — of or denoting the oral part of a radiate animal, such as a jellyfish, sea anemone, or sponge, from which the rays, tentacles, or arms grow
- actinia — any sea anemone of the genus Actinia, which are common in rock pools
- actinic — (of radiation) producing a photochemical effect
- actinin — a contractile protein of muscle.
- actino- — indicating a radial structure
8 letter words containing actin
- actinian — belonging or pertaining to the order or suborder Actiniaria, comprising the sea anemones.
- actinide — a member of the actinide series
- actinism — that property of ultraviolet light, X-rays, or other radiations, by which chemical changes are produced
- actinium — a radioactive element of the actinide series, occurring as a decay product of uranium. It is used as an alpha-particle source and in neutron production. Symbol: Ac; atomic no: 89; half-life of most stable isotope,227Ac: 21.6 years; relative density: 10.07; melting pt: 1051°C; boiling pt: 3200 ± 300°C
- actinoid — having a radiate form, as a sea anemone or starfish
9 letter words containing actin
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- actinides — Plural form of actinide.
- actinopod — any protozoan of the phylum Actinopoda, such as a radiolarian or a heliozoan, having stiff radiating cytoplasmic projections
- diactinic — able to transmit photochemically active radiation
- impacting — the striking of one thing against another; forceful contact; collision: The impact of the colliding cars broke the windshield.
10 letter words containing actin
- actiniform — having radial form; rayed
- actinogram — the record produced by the action of an actinograph.
- actinolite — a green mineral of the amphibole group consisting of calcium magnesium iron silicate. Formula: Ca2(Mg,Fe)5Si8O22(OH)2
- actinology — the science of light rays and their chemical effects
- actinopods — any protozoan of the subclass Actinopoda, including the heliozoans and radiolarians, having stiff, rodlike, radiating pseudopodia.
11 letter words containing actin
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
- actinically — In an actinic manner.
- actinodrome — (of a leaf) palmately veined.
- actinograph — a recording actinometer
- actinometer — an instrument for measuring the intensity of radiation, esp of the sun's rays
12 letter words containing actin
13 letter words containing actin
- actinobiology — the branch of biology concerned with the effects of radiation on living organisms
- actinomorphic — (esp of a flower) having radial symmetry, as buttercups
- actinomycetes — Plural form of actinomycete.
- actinomycosis — a fungal disease of cattle and of cats and dogs, sometimes transmitted to humans esp by bites, characterized by a swelling of the affected part, most often the jaw or lungs
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
14 letter words containing actin
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- actinomycetous — of or relating to the actinomycetes
- noninteracting — not interacting, failing to interact
- subcontracting — outsourcing of contract work
- un-distracting — to draw away or divert, as the mind or attention: The music distracted him from his work.
15 letter words containing actin
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- counteractingly — In a way that counteracts.
- straight-acting — (of a gay person) having the mannerisms of a heterosexual person: used esp by gay people of other gay people
16 letter words containing actin
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- actinopterygians — Plural form of actinopterygian.
19 letter words containing actin
- intermediate-acting — (of a drug) intermediate in its effects between long- and short-acting drugs
On this page, we collect all words with ACTIN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 130 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ACTIN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.