Words containing acti
5 letter words containing acti
- actin — a protein that participates in many kinds of cell movement, including muscle contraction, during which it interacts with filaments of a second protein, myosin
- actis — a son of Rhoda and Helius who, when banished from his home for fratricide, fled to Egypt, where he taught astrology. The Colossus of Rhodes was built in his honor.
- cacti — any of numerous succulent plants of the family Cactaceae, of warm, arid regions of the New World, having fleshy, leafless, usually spiny stems, and typically having solitary, showy flowers.
6 letter words containing acti
- actin- — actino-
- acting — Acting is the activity or profession of performing in plays or films.
- action — Action is doing something for a particular purpose.
- actium — a town of ancient Greece that overlooked the naval battle in 31 bc at which Octavian's fleet under Agrippa defeated that of Mark Antony and Cleopatra
- active — Someone who is active moves around a lot or does a lot of things.
7 letter words containing acti
- -tactic — having a specified kind of pattern or arrangement or having an orientation determined by a specified force
- actinal — of or denoting the oral part of a radiate animal, such as a jellyfish, sea anemone, or sponge, from which the rays, tentacles, or arms grow
- actinia — any sea anemone of the genus Actinia, which are common in rock pools
- actinic — (of radiation) producing a photochemical effect
- actinin — a contractile protein of muscle.
8 letter words containing acti
- actinian — belonging or pertaining to the order or suborder Actiniaria, comprising the sea anemones.
- actinide — a member of the actinide series
- actinism — that property of ultraviolet light, X-rays, or other radiations, by which chemical changes are produced
- actinium — a radioactive element of the actinide series, occurring as a decay product of uranium. It is used as an alpha-particle source and in neutron production. Symbol: Ac; atomic no: 89; half-life of most stable isotope,227Ac: 21.6 years; relative density: 10.07; melting pt: 1051°C; boiling pt: 3200 ± 300°C
- actinoid — having a radiate form, as a sea anemone or starfish
9 letter words containing acti
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- actinides — Plural form of actinide.
- actinopod — any protozoan of the phylum Actinopoda, such as a radiolarian or a heliozoan, having stiff radiating cytoplasmic projections
- actionary — (business, obsolete) A shareholder in a joint-stock company.
- actioners — Plural form of actioner.
10 letter words containing acti
- abreaction — the release and expression of emotional tension associated with repressed ideas by bringing those ideas into consciousness
- abreactive — relating to abreaction
- actiniform — having radial form; rayed
- actinogram — the record produced by the action of an actinograph.
- actinolite — a green mineral of the amphibole group consisting of calcium magnesium iron silicate. Formula: Ca2(Mg,Fe)5Si8O22(OH)2
11 letter words containing acti
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
- abstractive — that abstracts or can abstract
- actinically — In an actinic manner.
- actinodrome — (of a leaf) palmately veined.
12 letter words containing acti
13 letter words containing acti
- abstractional — relating to abstraction
- actinobiology — the branch of biology concerned with the effects of radiation on living organisms
- actinomorphic — (esp of a flower) having radial symmetry, as buttercups
- actinomycetes — Plural form of actinomycete.
- actinomycosis — a fungal disease of cattle and of cats and dogs, sometimes transmitted to humans esp by bites, characterized by a swelling of the affected part, most often the jaw or lungs
14 letter words containing acti
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- actinomycetous — of or relating to the actinomycetes
- anti-climactic — of, like, pertaining to, or expressing anticlimax.
15 letter words containing acti
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- anticlimactical — anticlimactic
- autodidacticism — any self-directed learning or self-education
- catallactically — by or in the manner of exchange
16 letter words containing acti
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- actinopterygians — Plural form of actinopterygian.
- autodidactically — a person who has learned a subject without the benefit of a teacher or formal education; a self-taught person.
- capillary-action — Also called capillary action, capillary attraction. Physics. a manifestation of surface tension by which the portion of the surface of a liquid coming in contact with a solid is elevated or depressed, depending on the adhesive or cohesive properties of the liquid.
17 letter words containing acti
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- anticlimactically — of, like, pertaining to, or expressing anticlimax.
- counterattraction — a rival attraction
- fractionalization — Separation into parts by fractionalizing.
- impracticableness — The state of being impracticable; impracticability.
18 letter words containing acti
19 letter words containing acti
- intermediate-acting — (of a drug) intermediate in its effects between long- and short-acting drugs
23 letter words containing acti
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
On this page, we collect all words with ACTI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1074 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ACTI that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.