Words containing acol
4 letter words containing acol
- acol — a popular British bidding system favouring light opening bids and a flexible approach
7 letter words containing acol
- acology — Materia medica; the science of medical remedies.
- acolyte — An acolyte is a follower or assistant of an important person.
- acolyth — an acolyte or follower
- bacolod — a town in the Philippines, on the NW coast of Negros Island. Pop: 468 000 (2005 est)
- cacolet — a seat or bed fitted to a mule for carrying the sick or wounded
8 letter words containing acol
- acolytes — Plural form of acolyte.
- cacology — a bad choice of words; faulty speech
- caracole — a half turn to the right or left
- guaiacol — a slightly yellowish, aromatic, crystalline substance, C 7 H 8 O 2 , resembling creosote and usually obtained from guaiacum resin: used in medicine chiefly as an expectorant and local anesthetic.
9 letter words containing acol
- acoluthic — following, subsequent; specifically, relating to an afterimage
- caracoled — Simple past tense and past participle of caracole.
- caracoler — a horse that caracoles
- caracoles — Plural form of caracole.
- megacolon — (uncountable) Abnormal dilatation of the colon, not caused by mechanical obstruction.
10 letter words containing acol
11 letter words containing acol
- anacoloutha — Plural form of anacolouthon.
- anacoluthia — lack of grammatical sequence, esp within a single sentence
- anacoluthic — Of, pertaining to, being, or resembling an anacoluthon.
- anacoluthon — a construction that involves the change from one grammatical sequence to another within a single sentence; an example of anacoluthia
- itacolumite — a sandstone consisting of interlocking quartz grains and mica scales, found principally in Brazil and North Carolina, and noted for its flexibility in thin slabs.
12 letter words containing acol
- anacolouthon — Alternative spelling of anacoluthon (A break in sequence, that occurs when the scheme of a sentence is changed in its course. Incoherence in a sentence.).
- astacologist — a person who investigates and analyses crayfish
- limacologist — a person who specialises in the study of slugs
- malacologist — A person who studies molluscs, who specializes in malacology.
- pharmacolite — hydrous calcium arsenate, 2CaO⋅As 2 O 5 ⋅5H 2 O, formed by natural alteration of mineral deposits containing arsenopyrite and arsenical ores of cobalt and silver.
13 letter words containing acol
14 letter words containing acol
- pharmacologist — the science dealing with the preparation, uses, and especially the effects of drugs.
15 letter words containing acol
16 letter words containing acol
- malacostracology — (obsolete) carcinology, the study of crustaceans.
17 letter words containing acol
- ethnopharmacology — The scientific study correlating ethnic groups, their health, and how it relates to their physical habits and methodology in creating and using medicines.
- neuropharmacology — the branch of pharmacology concerned with the effects of drugs on the nervous system.
- pharmacologically — the science dealing with the preparation, uses, and especially the effects of drugs.
18 letter words containing acol
On this page, we collect all words with ACOL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 53 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ACOL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.