Words containing ache
4 letter words containing ache
- ache — If you ache or a part of your body aches, you feel a steady, fairly strong pain.
5 letter words containing ache
6 letter words containing ache
- aachen — a city and spa in W Germany, in North Rhine-Westphalia: the northern capital of Charlemagne's empire. Pop: 256 605 (2003 est)
- achebe — Chinua. 1930–2013, Nigerian novelist. His works include Things Fall Apart (1958), A Man of the People (1966), and Anthills of the Savannah (1987)
- achene — a dry one-seeded indehiscent fruit with the seed distinct from the fruit wall. It may be smooth, as in the buttercup, or feathery, as in clematis
- achest — Archaic second-person singular form of ache.
- apache — a member of a North American Indian people, formerly nomadic and warlike, inhabiting the southwestern US and N Mexico
7 letter words containing ache
- achenes — Plural form of achene.
- acheron — one of the rivers in Hades over which the souls of the dead were ferried by Charon
- acheson — Dean (Gooderham). 1893–1971, US lawyer and statesman: secretary of state (1949–53) under President Truman
- apaches — a Parisian gangster, rowdy, or ruffian.
- attache — An attaché is a member of staff in an embassy, usually with a special responsibility for something.
8 letter words containing ache
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
- achenese — Atjehnese.
- achenium — (botany) achene.
- achernar — the brightest star in the constellation Eridanus, visible only in the S hemisphere. Visual magnitude: 0.5; spectral type: B3V; distance: 144 light years
- apachean — a subgroup of the Athabaskan language family comprising the languages of the Apache tribes and the Navajo.
9 letter words containing ache
- acheilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- acheulean — designating or of a Lower Paleolithic culture characterized by skillfully made bifacial flint hand axes
- acheulian — (in Europe) the period in the Lower Palaeolithic following the Abbevillian, represented by the use of soft hammerstones in hand axe production made of chipped stone, bone, antler, or wood. The Acheulian dates from the Riss glaciation
- appeached — Simple past tense and past participle of appeach.
- bachelors — Plural form of bachelor.
10 letter words containing ache
- accroached — Simple past tense and past participle of accroach.
- acherontic — Of or pertaining to Acheron; infernal; hence, dismal, gloomy; moribund.
- andromache — the wife of Hector
- approached — to come near or nearer to: The cars slowed down as they approached the intersection.
- approacher — to come near or nearer to: The cars slowed down as they approached the intersection.
11 letter words containing ache
12 letter words containing ache
- bachelorette — A bachelorette is a woman who has never married.
- bachelorhood — the state of being a bachelor.
- bachelorship — the state of being a bachelor; bachelorhood
- detachedness — the quality of being detached or separated
- endotracheal — Situated or occurring within or performed by way of the trachea.
13 letter words containing ache
- bachelorettes — Plural form of bachelorette.
- dual-attached — The form of FDDI interface where a device is connected to both FDDI token-passing rings, so that uninterrupted operation continues in the event of a failure of either of the rings. All connections to the main FDDI rings are dual-attached. Typically, a small number of critical infrastructure devices such as routers and concentrators are dual-attached, whereas host computers are normally single-attached or dual-homed to a router or concentrator. For example, a ring could be formed between a single router and two concentrators (all dual-attached) then all other components that need to be fault-tolerant (typically file servers) can be dual-homed to both concentrators.
- epitrachelion — The liturgical vestment worn by priests and bishops of the Orthodox Church as the symbol of their priesthood, corresponding to the Western stole.
- sacher-masoch — Leopold von [ley-oh-pohlt fuh n] /ˈleɪ oʊˌpoʊlt fən/ (Show IPA), 1836–95, Austrian novelist.
- sachet-powder — a small bag, case, or pad containing perfuming powder or the like, placed among handkerchiefs, lingerie, etc., to impart a pleasant scent.
14 letter words containing ache
- epitrachelions — Plural form of epitrachelion.
- hypotrachelium — (on a classical column) any member, as a necking, between the capital and the shaft.
- pre-bachelor's — an unmarried man.
- schleiermacher — Friedrich Ernst Daniel [free-drikh ernst dah-nee-el] /ˈfri drɪx ɛrnst ˈdɑ niˌɛl/ (Show IPA), 1768–1834, German theologian and philosopher.
15 letter words containing ache
- laryngotracheal — of, relating to, or involving the larynx and trachea.
16 letter words containing ache
17 letter words containing ache
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
18 letter words containing ache
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
20 letter words containing ache
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
24 letter words containing ache
- laryngotracheobronchitis — A respiratory disease, a form of croup.
On this page, we collect all words with ACHE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 417 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ACHE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.