Words containing ach
3 letter words containing ach
- ach — an expression of surprise, impatience, disgust, etc
4 letter words containing ach
- ache — If you ache or a part of your body aches, you feel a steady, fairly strong pain.
- achy — If you feel achy, your body hurts.
- bach — a term of friendly address: used esp after a person's name
- each — every one of two or more considered individually or one by one: each stone in a building; a hallway with a door at each end.
- mach — Ernst [ernst] /ɛrnst/ (Show IPA), 1838–1916, Austrian physicist, psychologist, and philosopher.
5 letter words containing ach
6 letter words containing ach
- aachen — a city and spa in W Germany, in North Rhine-Westphalia: the northern capital of Charlemagne's empire. Pop: 256 605 (2003 est)
- achaea — a department of Greece, in the N Peloponnese. Capital: Patras. Pop: 318 928 (2001). Area: 3209 sq km (1239 sq miles)
- achebe — Chinua. 1930–2013, Nigerian novelist. His works include Things Fall Apart (1958), A Man of the People (1966), and Anthills of the Savannah (1987)
- achene — a dry one-seeded indehiscent fruit with the seed distinct from the fruit wall. It may be smooth, as in the buttercup, or feathery, as in clematis
- achest — Archaic second-person singular form of ache.
7 letter words containing ach
8 letter words containing ach
- abrachia — the congenital condition of having no arms
- accroach — to assume to oneself without right or authority; usurp.
- ach-laut — the voiceless velar fricative sound that is written as ch in Scottish loch or in German ach, often allophonic with the ich-laut
- ach-y-fi — an expression of disgust or abhorrence
- acharyas — Plural form of acharya.
9 letter words containing ach
- achalasia — failure of the cardiac sphincter of the oesophagus to relax, resulting in difficulty in swallowing
- acheilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- acheulean — designating or of a Lower Paleolithic culture characterized by skillfully made bifacial flint hand axes
- acheulian — (in Europe) the period in the Lower Palaeolithic following the Abbevillian, represented by the use of soft hammerstones in hand axe production made of chipped stone, bone, antler, or wood. The Acheulian dates from the Riss glaciation
- achievers — to bring to a successful end; carry through; accomplish: The police crackdown on speeders achieved its purpose.
10 letter words containing ach
- accroached — Simple past tense and past participle of accroach.
- achaemenes — flourished 7th century b.c, Persian king: traditional founder of the Achaemenid dynasty.
- achaemenid — any member of a Persian dynasty of kings, including Cyrus the Great, that ruled from about 550 to 331 bc, when Darius III was overthrown by Alexander the Great
- acherontic — Of or pertaining to Acheron; infernal; hence, dismal, gloomy; moribund.
- achievable — If you say that something you are trying to do is achievable, you mean that it is possible for you to succeed in doing it.
11 letter words containing ach
- achaemenian — of or relating to the Achaemenids or their language, as recorded in cuneiform inscriptions.
- acharnement — (archaic) Savage fierceness; ferocity.
- achievement — An achievement is something which someone has succeeded in doing, especially after a lot of effort.
- achlamydate — not chlamydate; having neither mantle nor pallium.
- achondrites — Plural form of achondrite.
12 letter words containing ach
13 letter words containing ach
- achievability — The state or condition of being achievable.
- achromaticity — achromatism.
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- achromobacter — any of several rod-shaped bacteria of the genus Achromobacter, found in soil and water.
14 letter words containing ach
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- achromatically — In an achromatic manner.
- anachronically — something or someone that is not in its correct historical or chronological time, especially a thing or person that belongs to an earlier time: The sword is an anachronism in modern warfare.
- arachnodactyly — A condition in which the fingers and hands are abnormally long and slender.
- batrachophobia — fear of amphibians
15 letter words containing ach
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- approachability — capable of being approached; accessible.
- bathing-machine — a small bathhouse on wheels formerly used as a dressing room and in which bathers could also be transported from the beach to the water.
- brachiocephalic — of, relating to, or supplying the arm and head
16 letter words containing ach
17 letter words containing ach
- anachronistically — In an anachronistic manner; in the manner of an anachronism.
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- pentachlorophenol — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble powder, C 6 Cl 5 OH, used chiefly in fungicides, disinfectants, and wood preservatives.
18 letter words containing ach
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- craniorachischisis — Lb pathology A defect of the neural tube in which both the brain and spinal cord are left open.
- decachlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) The fully chlorinated polychlorinated biphenyl containing ten chlorine atoms.
- dihydrotachysterol — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble sterol, C 28 H 46 O, derived from ergosterol: used chiefly in the treatment of hypoparathyroidism.
19 letter words containing ach
20 letter words containing ach
21 letter words containing ach
- hexachlorocyclohexane — (chemistry) A six-chlorine substituted cyclohexane, a polyhalogenated compound used in pesticides.
23 letter words containing ach
- pentachloronitrobenzene — a crystalline compound, C 6 Cl 5 NO 2 , used as an herbicide and insecticide. Abbreviation: PCNB.
24 letter words containing ach
- laryngotracheobronchitis — A respiratory disease, a form of croup.
On this page, we collect all words with ACH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1915 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ACH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.