Words containing acety
6 letter words containing acety
- acetyl — of, consisting of, or containing the monovalent group CH3CO-
8 letter words containing acety
- acetylic — of, relating to, or characteristic of the acetyl group.
- biacetyl — a liquid with a strong, butter-like odour
- diacetyl — a chemical compound with formula C4H6O2, occurring naturally as a by-product of fermentation, and commonly added to margarine and other foods because of its buttery taste
9 letter words containing acety
- acetylate — to introduce an acetyl group into (a chemical compound)
- acetylene — Acetylene is a colourless gas which burns with a very hot bright flame. It is often used in lamps and for cutting and welding metal.
- acetylide — any of a class of carbides in which the carbon is present as a diatomic divalent ion (C22–). They are formally derivatives of acetylene
- acetyloxy — (organic chemistry, especially in combination) The radical CH3COO-, common to acetate esters, when used as a substituent.
10 letter words containing acety
11 letter words containing acety
12 letter words containing acety
- oxyacetylene — noting or pertaining to a mixture of oxygen and acetylene: an oxyacetylene torch.
13 letter words containing acety
- acetylaniline — acetanilide.
- acetylbenzene — acetophenone.
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- deacetylation — to remove the acetyl group from (an organic compound).
14 letter words containing acety
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- cyanoacetylene — a nitrile compound known to exist in interstellar clouds
- vinylacetylene — a colorless, volatile liquid, C 4 H 4 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of the synthetic rubber neoprene.
15 letter words containing acety
- acetylsalicylic — as in acetylsalicylic acid, aspirin
16 letter words containing acety
19 letter words containing acety
- deacetyltransferase — (enzyme) Any of a class of enzymes that remove acetyl groups, especially from a lysine residue of a histone.
20 letter words containing acety
On this page, we collect all words with ACETY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 46 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ACETY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.