Words containing acet
5 letter words containing acet
6 letter words containing acet
- acetal — 1,1-diethoxyethane; a colourless volatile liquid used as a solvent and in perfumes. Formula: CH3CH(OC2H5)2
- acetic — of, containing, producing, or derived from acetic acid or vinegar
- acetin — any of three types of liquid acetate, formed from glycerol and acetic acid, chiefly used in explosives and solvents
- aceto- — containing an acetyl group or derived from acetic acid
- acetum — a solution that has dilute acetic acid as solvent
7 letter words containing acet
- acetals — Plural form of acetal.
- acetate — Acetate is a shiny artificial material, sometimes used for making clothes or records.
- acetify — to become or cause to become acetic acid or vinegar
- acetoin — a yellowish, pleasant-smelling liquid, C 4 H 8 O 2 , obtained from various carbohydrates, as glucose, by fermentation: used chiefly in the manufacture of flavors and essences.
- acetone — Acetone is a type of solvent.
8 letter words containing acet
9 letter words containing acet
- acetaldol — aldol (def 1).
- acetamide — a white or colourless soluble deliquescent crystalline compound, used in the manufacture of organic chemicals. Formula: CH3CONH2
- acetified — Simple past tense and past participle of acetify.
- acetifies — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of acetify.
- acetylate — to introduce an acetyl group into (a chemical compound)
10 letter words containing acet
11 letter words containing acet
- acetabulums — Plural form of acetabulum.
- acetanilide — a white crystalline powder used in the manufacture of dyes and rubber, as an analgesic in medicine, and as a precursor in penicillin manufacture. Formula: C6H5NHCOCH3
- acetoacetic — (organic chemistry) Of or pertaining to acetoacetic acid or its derivatives.
- acetobacter — any of several ellipsoidal or rodshaped aerobic bacteria of the genus Acetobacter, certain species of which are used in making vinegar.
- acetylating — Present participle of acetylate.
12 letter words containing acet
- acetaldehyde — a colourless volatile pungent liquid, miscible with water, used in the manufacture of organic compounds and as a solvent and reducing agent. Formula: CH3CHO
- acetoacetate — (organic chemistry) Any salt or ester of acetoacetic acid.
- acetonitrile — a colourless organic chemical, CH3CN, used chiefly as a solvent
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
- acetostearin — a waxlike, nongreasy solid, C 23 H 44 O 5 : used chiefly as a food preservative and as a plasticizer.
13 letter words containing acet
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- acetanisidine — methacetin.
- acetate-rayon — Chemistry. a salt or ester of acetic acid.
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
14 letter words containing acet
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- cyanoacetylene — a nitrile compound known to exist in interstellar clouds
- sulphacetamide — a topical antibiotic of the sulphonamide group, used to treat eye infections, as well as skin infections including acne
- trichloracetic — as in trichloracetic acid
- vinylacetylene — a colorless, volatile liquid, C 4 H 4 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of the synthetic rubber neoprene.
15 letter words containing acet
16 letter words containing acet
17 letter words containing acet
18 letter words containing acet
19 letter words containing acet
- deacetyltransferase — (enzyme) Any of a class of enzymes that remove acetyl groups, especially from a lysine residue of a histone.
20 letter words containing acet
21 letter words containing acet
26 letter words containing acet
- ethylenediaminetetraacetic — Alternative spelling of ethylenediaminetetracetic.
On this page, we collect all words with ACET. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 215 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ACET that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.