Words containing able
4 letter words containing able
- able — Someone who is able is very clever or very good at doing something.
5 letter words containing able
- abled — having a range of physical powers as specified (esp in the phrases less abled, differently abled)
- abler — having necessary power, skill, resources, or qualifications; qualified: able to lift a two-hundred-pound weight; able to write music; able to travel widely; able to vote.
- cable — A cable is a thick wire, or a group of wires inside a rubber or plastic covering, which is used to carry electricity or electronic signals.
- fable — a short tale to teach a moral lesson, often with animals or inanimate objects as characters; apologue: the fable of the tortoise and the hare; Aesop's fables.
- gable — (William) Clark, 1901–60, U.S. film actor.
6 letter words containing able
- ablest — having necessary power, skill, resources, or qualifications; qualified: able to lift a two-hundred-pound weight; able to write music; able to travel widely; able to vote.
- arable — Arable farming involves growing crops such as wheat and barley rather than keeping animals or growing fruit and vegetables. Arable land is land that is used for arable farming.
- cablet — a small cable, esp a cable-laid rope that has a circumference of less than 25 centimetres (ten inches)
- diable — a type of brown sauce, typically made with wine, shallots, vinegar, herbs, and black and/or cayenne pepper
- doable — capable of being done.
7 letter words containing able
8 letter words containing able
- abatable — able to be abated
- abusable — able to be abused
- adorable — If you say that someone or something is adorable, you are emphasizing that they are very attractive and you feel great affection for them.
- amenable — If you are amenable to something, you are willing to do it or accept it.
- amicable — When people have an amicable relationship, they are pleasant to each other and solve their problems without quarrelling.
9 letter words containing able
- abdicable — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abradable — capable of being abraded
- accruable — having the ability to be accrued
- adaptable — If you describe a person or animal as adaptable, you mean that they are able to change their ideas or behaviour in order to deal with new situations.
- adherable — having the ability to adhere
10 letter words containing able
- abominable — Something that is abominable is very unpleasant or bad.
- absorbable — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- acceptable — Acceptable activities and situations are those that most people approve of or consider to be normal.
- achievable — If you say that something you are trying to do is achievable, you mean that it is possible for you to succeed in doing it.
- acquirable — to come into possession or ownership of; get as one's own: to acquire property.
11 letter words containing able
- abhominable — abominable.
- able-bodied — An able-bodied person is physically strong and healthy, rather than being weak or having a disability.
- accountable — If you are accountable to someone for something that you do, you are responsible for it and must be prepared to justify your actions to that person.
- addressable — possessing or capable of being reached by an address
- allocatable — that can be allocated.
12 letter words containing able
- accommodable — having the ability to be accommodated
- accreditable — having the ability to be accredited
- adorableness — very attractive or delightful; charming: What an adorable hat!
- advertisable — to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it: to advertise a new brand of toothpaste.
- announceable — to make known publicly or officially; proclaim; give notice of: to announce a special sale.
13 letter words containing able
- administrable — able to be administered or managed
- agreeableness — to one's liking; pleasing: agreeable manners; an agreeable sensation.
- anticipatable — capable of being anticipated
- apportionable — to distribute or allocate proportionally; divide and assign according to some rule of proportional distribution: to apportion expenses among the three men.
- ascertainable — to find out definitely; learn with certainty or assurance; determine: to ascertain the facts.
14 letter words containing able
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- applicableness — applying or capable of being applied; relevant; suitable; appropriate: an applicable rule; a solution that is applicable to the problem.
- commissionable — the act of committing or entrusting a person, group, etc., with supervisory power or authority.
- complimentable — an expression of praise, commendation, or admiration: A sincere compliment boosts one's morale.
- differentiable — capable of being differentiated.
15 letter words containing able
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- authenticatable — to establish as genuine.
- comfortableness — (of clothing, furniture, etc.) producing or affording physical comfort, support, or ease: a comfortable chair; comfortable shoes.
- distinguishable — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
- hendecasyllable — a word or line of verse of 11 syllables.
16 letter words containing able
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- inextinguishable — not extinguishable: an inextinguishable fire.
- machine-readable — of or relating to data encoded on an appropriate medium and in a form suitable for processing by computer.
- non-attributable — to regard as resulting from a specified cause; consider as caused by something indicated (usually followed by to): She attributed his bad temper to ill health.
17 letter words containing able
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- indistinguishable — not distinguishable.
- intertranslatable — to turn from one language into another or from a foreign language into one's own: to translate Spanish.
- learning-disabled — pertaining to or having a learning disability: a learning-disabled child.
- non-biodegradable — capable of decaying through the action of living organisms: biodegradable paper; biodegradable detergent.
18 letter words containing able
19 letter words containing able
- non-distinguishable — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
24 letter words containing able
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
On this page, we collect all words with ABLE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3459 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ABLE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.