Words containing aber
4 letter words containing aber
- aber — (in Wales) an estuary, or the mouth of a river
5 letter words containing aber
- baber — original name Zahir ud-Din Mohammed 1483–1530, founder of the Mogul Empire: conquered India in 1526
- caber — A caber is a long, heavy, wooden pole. It is thrown into the air as a test of strength in the traditional Scottish sport called 'tossing the caber'.
- haber — Fritz, 1868–1934, German chemist: Nobel Prize 1918.
- saber — a heavy, one-edged sword, usually slightly curved, used especially by cavalry.
- taber — a small drum formerly used to accompany oneself on a pipe or fife.
6 letter words containing aber
7 letter words containing aber
- aberfan — a former coal-mining village in S Wales, in Merthyr Tydfil county borough: scene of a disaster in 1966 when a slag heap collapsed onto part of the village killing 144 people (including 116 children)
- abermud — (games) The first popular open source MUD. The first version of AberMUD, named after Aberystwyth, UK, was written in B by Alan Cox, Richard Acott, Jim Finnis, and Leon Thrane, at University of Wales, Aberystwyth for an old Honeywell mainframe and opened in 1987. The gameplay was heavily influenced by MUD1, written by Roy Trubshaw and Richard Bartle, which Alan Cox had played at the University of Essex. In late 1988, Alan Cox ported AberMUD to C so it could run under UNIX on Southampton University's Maths machines. This version was named AberMUD2. Various other versions followed.
- faberge — (Peter) Carl Gustavovich [kahrl guh-stah-vuh-vich] /kɑrl gəˈstɑ və vɪtʃ/ (Show IPA), 1846–1920, Russian goldsmith and jeweler.
- macaber — gruesome and horrifying; ghastly; horrible.
- saber-c — Renamed to CodeCenter.
8 letter words containing aber
- aberdare — a town in South Wales, in Rhondda Cynon Taff county borough. Pop: 31 705 (2001)
- aberdeen — a city in NE Scotland, on the North Sea: centre for processing North Sea oil and gas; university (1494). Pop: 184 788 (2001)
- aberrant — Aberrant means unusual and not socially acceptable.
- aberrate — to deviate from what is normal or correct
- bejabers — by Jesus!
9 letter words containing aber
- abernathy — Ralph David1926-90; U.S. clergyman & civil rights leader
- abernethy — a crisp unleavened biscuit
- aberrance — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- aberrancy — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- bundaberg — a town in E Australia, near the E coast of Queensland: centre of a sugar-growing area, with a nearby deep-water port. Pop: 44 556 (2001)
10 letter words containing aber
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- aberrantly — in an aberrant manner
- aberration — An aberration is an incident or way of behaving that is not typical.
- aberrative — Descriptive of an object or measurement that has deviated or been knocked, momentarily and sharply, from the more dominant, normal or expected course or trajectory to which it either has or is expected to return in the longer term.
11 letter words containing aber
- abercrombie — Sir (Leslie) Patrick. 1879–1957, British town planner and architect, best known for The County of London Plan (1943) and The Greater London Plan (1944)
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- aberrations — Plural form of aberration.
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- annabergite — a rare green secondary mineral consisting of hydrated nickel arsenate in monoclinic crystalline form. Formula: Ni3(AsO4)2.8H2O
12 letter words containing aber
13 letter words containing aber
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- flabergasting — Present participle of flabergast.
- haberdasher's — a shop that sells small articles for sewing, such as buttons, zips, and ribbons
- saber-toothed — having long, saberlike upper canine teeth, sometimes extending below the margin of the lower jaw.
14 letter words containing aber
15 letter words containing aber
- barrancabermeja — a city in N Colombia.
On this page, we collect all words with ABER. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 94 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ABER that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.