Words containing abel
4 letter words containing abel
- abel — the second son of Adam and Eve, a shepherd, murdered by his brother Cain (Genesis 4:1–8)
5 letter words containing abel
- abele — white poplar (sense 1)
- babel — If there is a babel of voices, you hear a lot of people talking at the same time, so that you cannot understand what they are saying.
- gabel — (UK, legal, obsolete) A rent, service, tribute, custom, tax, impost, or duty; an excise.
- label — a slip of paper, cloth, or other material, marked or inscribed, for attachment to something to indicate its manufacturer, nature, ownership, destination, etc.
- mabel — a female given name.
6 letter words containing abel
7 letter words containing abel
- abelard — Peter. French name Pierre Abélard. 1079–1142, French scholastic philosopher and theologian whose works include Historia Calamitatum and Sic et Non (1121). His love for Héloïse is recorded in their correspondence
- abelian — of or relating to an Abelian group
- abelias — Plural form of abelia.
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
- annabel — a feminine name
8 letter words containing abel
- abelmosk — a tropical bushy malvaceous plant, Hibiscus abelmoschus, cultivated for its yellow-and-crimson flowers and for its musk-scented seeds, which yield an oil used in perfumery
- abelungu — (South Africa, now chiefly pejorative) White people collectively.
- amabelle — a female given name.
- arabella — a feminine name: dim. Bella
- babeldom — a state of noisy confusion resembling that at Babel
9 letter words containing abel
- abelmosks — Plural form of abelmosk.
- babelized — reduced to complete confusion or meaninglessness.
- eco-label — a label marking products which are produced in a way that limits damage to the environment
- flabellum — a fan, especially one used in religious ceremonies.
- glabellae — Plural form of glabella.
10 letter words containing abel
- babelesque — resembling the situation at Babel, confused, impeding communication
- bellabella — a member of a branch of the Kwakiutl Indians inhabiting central coastal British Columbia.
- clarabella — an eight-foot flute stop on an organ
- clarabelle — a female given name.
- flabellate — being in the shape of a fan; fan-shaped.
11 letter words containing abel
12 letter words containing abel
- abel-meholah — a city in ancient Palestine, east of the Jordan River: the home of Elisha. Judges 7:22; I Kings 4:12; 19:16.
- flabellation — the act of fanning a wound to keep it cool
- flabelliform — Shaped like a fan; flabellate.
- matabeleland — a region in Zimbabwe, formerly a province of Rhodesia, home to the Ndebele (Matabele).
13 letter words containing abel
- eco-labelling — the practice or system of using eco-labels
On this page, we collect all words with ABEL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 131 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ABEL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.