Words containing 65
4 letter words containing 65
- 6501 — (hardware) An eight-bit microprocessor, the first sold by MOS Technology. The 6501 pin-compatible with the Motorola 6800 and was the first member of the 650x series. It had an on-chip clock oscillator. See also 6502.
- 6502 — (hardware) An eight-bit microprocessor designed by MOS Technology around 1975 and made by Rockwell. Unlike the Intel 8080 and its kind, the 6502 had very few registers. It was an 8-bit processor, with 16-bit address bus. Inside was one 8-bit data register (accumulator), two 8-bit index registers and an 8-bit stack pointer (stack was preset from address 256 to 511). It used these index and stack registers effectively, with more addressing modes, including a fast zero-page mode that accessed memory locations from address 0 to 255 with an 8-bit address (it didn't have to fetch a second byte for the address). Back when the 6502 was introduced, RAM was actually faster than CPUs, so it made sense to optimise for RAM access rather than increase the number of registers on a chip. The 6502 was used in the BBC Microcomputer, Apple II, Commodore, Apple Computer and Atari personal computers. Steve Wozniak described it as the first chip you could get for less than a hundred dollars (actually a quarter of the 6800 price). The 6502's indirect jump instruction, JMP (xxxx), was broken. If the address was hexadecimal xxFF, the processor would not access the address stored in xxFF and xxFF + 1, but rather xxFF and xx00. The 6510 did not fix this bug, nor was it fixed in any of the other NMOS versions of the 6502 such as the 8502. Bill Mensch at Western Design Center was probably the first to fix it, in the 65C02. The 6502 also had undocumented instructions. The 65816 is an expanded version of the 6502. There is a 6502 assembler by Doug Jones <[email protected]> which supports macros and conditional features and can be used for linkage editing of object files. It requires Pascal. See also cross-assembler, RTI, Small-C.
- 650x — (hardware) A family of microprocessors from MOS Technologies, based on the design of the Motorola 6800 (introduced around 1975). The family included the 6502 used in several early personal computers.
- 6510 — (processor) A successor to the 6502. The 6510 was used in the Commodore 64C. Successors included the 8502 used in the Commodore 128 line.
5 letter words containing 65
- 16550 — (hardware) A version of the 16450 UART with a 16-byte FIFO. Superseded by the 16550A. This chip might not operate correctly with all software. The 16C550 is a CMOS version.
- 16650 — (hardware) A version of the 16550A UART with a 32-byte FIFO. Superseded by the 16750C.
- 65816 — (processor) An expanded version of the 6502, with which it is compatible. It has 16-bit index registers and stack pointer, a 16-bit direct page register and a 24-bit address bus. Used in later models of the Apple II.
6 letter words containing 65
- 16550a — (hardware) A version of the 16550 UART. Superseded by the 16650.
12 letter words containing 65
- dsp56165-gcc — A port of gcc version 1.40 to the Motorola DSP56156 and DSP56000 by Andrew Sterian <[email protected]>.
On this page, we collect all words with 65. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 12 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains 65 that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.