Words containing 2
1 letter words containing 2
- 2 — (convention, character) In names of translation software, infix 2 often represents the word "to" with the connotation "translate to", as in dvi2ps (DVI to PostScript), int2string (integer to string) and texi2roff (Texinfo to [nt]roff).
2 letter words containing 2
- a2 — an advanced level of a subject taken for the General Certificate of Education, forming the second part of an A level course, after the AS level
- c2 — a skilled manual worker, or a manual worker with responsibility for other people
- e2 — (communications) A European framing specification for the transmission of four multiplexed E1 data streams, resulting in a transmission rate of 8.448 Mb/s (= 8448 kb/s).
- g2 — A real-time expert system from Gensym Corporation.
- k2 — Also called Godwin Austen [god-win aw-stin] /ˈgɒd wɪn ˈɔ stɪn/ (Show IPA), Dapsang [duh p-suhng] /dəpˈsʌŋ/ (Show IPA). a mountain in N Kashmir, in the Karakoram range: second highest peak in the world. 28,250 feet (8611 meters).
3 letter words containing 2
- 822 — RFC 822
- 2nf — database normalisation
- ac2 — (audio) An audio format, succeded by AC3.
- b2b — B2B is the selling of goods and services by one company to another using the Internet. B2B is an abbreviation for 'business to business'.
- b2c — B2C is the selling of goods and services by businesses to consumers using the Internet. B2C is an abbreviation for 'business to consumer'.
4 letter words containing 2
- 1802 — (processor) An 8-bit microprocessor manufactured as CDP1802 by HARRIS Semiconductor. It has been around for ten years at least and is ideally suited for embedded applications. Some of its features are: 8-bit parallel organisation with bidirectional data bus and multiplexed address bus; static design -- no minimum clock rate; bit-programmable output port; four input pins which are directly tested by branch instructions; flexible programmable I/O mode; single-phase clock, with on-chip oscillator; 16 x 16 register matrix to implement multiple program counters, pointers, or registers
- 2780 — Binary Synchronous Transmission
- 2b1d — Basic Rate Interface
- 2b1q — two-binary, one-quaternary
- 3270 — IBM 3270
5 letter words containing 2
6 letter words containing 2
- 4.2bsd — Berkeley Software Distribution
- bs2000 — (operating system) An operating system from SNI for mainframes.
- cint92 — SPEC CINT92
- dpl-82 — ["DPL-82: A Language for Distributed Processing", L. Ericson, Proc 3rd Intl Conf Distrib Comp Sys, IEEE 1982, pp.526-531].
- ibpag2 — Icon-Based Parser Generation System 2
7 letter words containing 2
- 10base2 — (networking) (Or "cheapernet") The variant of Ethernet that uses thin coaxial cable (RG-58 or similar), as opposed to 10base5 cable. The "10" means 10 Mbps, "base" means "baseband" as opposed to radio frequency and "2" means a maximum single cable length of 200m.
- 2,4,5-t — a light-tan, water-insoluble solid, C 8 H 5 Cl 3 O 3 , used chiefly for killing weeds.
- 20-gate — (language) An algebraic language for the G-20, developed at Carnegie around 1965.
- 802.11a — (networking) A radio-based LAN protocol which speaks OFDM at 5GHz, one of the two wi-fi protocols.
- 802.11b — (networking) An IEEE wireless local area networks (WLAN) standard protocol which speaks DSSS at 2.4GHz. 802.11b is one of the two wi-fi protocols. It operates at 11 megabits per second (Mbps) compared with 802.11g which operates at 54 Mbps.
8 letter words containing 2
- bliss-32 — (language) A version of BLISS from DEC for VAX/VMS.
- catch-22 — If you describe a situation as a Catch-22, you mean it is an impossible situation because you cannot do one thing until you do another thing, but you cannot do the second thing until you do the first thing.
- eia-232c — (communications, standard) The EIA equivalent of ITU-T standard V.24. The EIA EIA-232C electrical signal is unbalanced +/- 5 to +/- 12V, polar non return to zero and handles data speeds up to 19.2 kilobits per second.
- is-11172 — (standard) The International Standard for MPEG-1 compression.
- modula-2 — (language) A high-level programming language designed by Niklaus Wirth at ETH in 1978. It is a derivative of Pascal with well-defined interfaces between modules, and facilities for parallel computation. Modula-2 was developed as the system language for the Lilith workstation. The central concept is the module which may be used to encapsulate a set of related subprograms and data structures, and restrict their visibility from other portions of the program. Each module has a definition part giving the interface, and an implementation part. The language provides limited single-processor concurrency (monitors, coroutines and explicit transfer of control) and hardware access (absolute addresses and interrupts). It uses name equivalence.
9 letter words containing 2
- jpeg-2000 — (image, file format) A potential successor to JPEG with better compression and multiresolution images. JPEG-2000 gives reasonable quality down to 0.1 bits/pixel (JPEG quality drops dramatically below about 0.4 bits/pixel).
- loglan'82 — (language) A teaching language including all the programming tools used in object-oriented programming, modular programming, and structured programming as well as programming by rules and functional programming. Supported object-oriented programming features include classes, objects, coroutines, processes (in Loglan'82 processes are objects which are able to act in parallel), inheritance, exception handling, and dynamic arrays. Loglan'82 is apparently unrelated to Loglan. A cross-compiler to C is here.
- modula-2* — An extension of Modula-2 by M. Philippsen <[email protected]> of the University of Karlsruhe. It uses a superset of data parallelism, allowing both synchronous and asynchronous programs, both SIMD and MIMD. Parallelism may be nested to any depth. There are version for MasPar and a simulator for the SPARC.
- specint92 — (benchmark) A benchmark result derived from the results of a set of integer benchmarks from SPEC (geometric mean of the 6 SPEC ratios of CINT92) which can be used to estimate a machine's single-tasking performance on integer code. SPECint92 obsoletes SPECint89. See also SPECbase_int92.
11 letter words containing 2
- 192.168.1.1 — (networking) The default IP address used to connect to many brands of router to set them up. It can be used from a web browser in the URL http://192.168.1.1. This URL, and the necessary default login details, are often printed on the router. The same address may also be accessible via a telnet command line interface. This is a private address that is only visible when connected directly to the router, i.e. it will not be routed by other network hardware.
- isabelle-92 — Isabelle
- uranium-235 — a uranium radioisotope that is used in nuclear fission
12 letter words containing 2
- dod-std-2168 — (standard) A DoD standard for software quality assurance procedures.
13 letter words containing 2
- dod-std-2167a — (standard) A DoD standard specifying the overall process for the development and documentation of mission-critical software systems.
- interleukin-2 — Immunology. a lymphokine protein, secreted by T cells in response to antigen and interleukin 1, that stimulates the proliferation of T cells.
- phosphorus-32 — a radioactive isotope of phosphorus, used as a chemotherapeutic agent.
- specbase_fp92 — A variant of SPECfp92 that reports "baseline" results, using stricter run rules.
- specrate_fp92 — (benchmark) A benchmark result derived from the results of a set of floating-point benchmarks (the geometric mean of 14 SPEC rates from CFP92) run multiple times simultaneously, which can be used to estimate a machine's overall multi-tasking throughput for floating-point code. It is typically used on multiprocessor machines. SPECrate_fp92 obsoletes SPECfpThruput89.
14 letter words containing 2
- specbase_int92 — A variant of SPECint92 that reports "baseline" results, using stricter run rules.
- specrate_int92 — (benchmark) The integer SPECrate derived from the results of a set of integer benchmarks (the geometric mean of six SPEC rates from CINT92) run multiple times simultaneously, and can be used to estimate a machine's overall multi-tasking throughput for integer code. It is typically used on multiprocessor machines. SPECrate_int92 obsoletes SPECintThruput89. See also SPECbaserate.
18 letter words containing 2
- specrate_base_fp92 — (benchmark) A variant of SPECrate_fp92 that reports "baseline" results, using stricter run rules.
On this page, we collect all words with letter 2. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 379 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains 2 that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.