Words containing x, e
3 letter words containing x, e
- axe — An axe is a tool used for cutting wood. It consists of a heavy metal blade which is sharp at one edge and attached by its other edge to the end of a long handle.
- hex — to bewitch; practice witchcraft on: He was accused of hexing his neighbors' cows because they suddenly stopped giving milk.
- kex — the dry, usually hollow stem or stalk of various plants, especially of large plants belonging to the parsley family, as cow parsnip or wild chervil.
- lex — law1 .
- mex — Mexico (international car registration)
4 letter words containing x, e
- alex — a male given name, form of Alexander.
- amex — American Express
- apex — An Apex or an Apex ticket is a ticket for a journey by air or rail which costs less than the standard ticket, but which you have to book a specified period in advance.
- axed — an instrument with a bladed head on a handle or helve, used for hewing, cleaving, chopping, etc.
- axel — a jump in which the skater takes off from the forward outside edge of one skate, makes one and a half, two and a half, or three and a half turns in the air, and lands on the backward outside edge of the other skate
5 letter words containing x, e
- alexa — a female given name, form of Alexandra.
- annex — If a country annexes another country or an area of land, it seizes it and takes control of it.
- artex — a brand of coating for walls and ceilings that gives a textured finish
- axile — of, relating to, or attached to the axis
- axone — Cell Biology. the appendage of the neuron that transmits impulses away from the cell body.
6 letter words containing x, e
7 letter words containing x, e
- adnexal — (botany) Having the property of being adnexed.
- affixed — to fasten, join, or attach (usually followed by to): to affix stamps to a letter.
- affixes — to fasten, join, or attach (usually followed by to): to affix stamps to a letter.
- alexian — a member of a congregation of brothers founded for the care of the sick at Mechlin, Brabant, in the 15th century.
- annexed — to attach, append, or add, especially to something larger or more important.
8 letter words containing x, e
- aftertax — remaining after applicable taxes have been deducted: a sharp decrease in her aftertax income.
- aldoxime — an oxime formed by reaction between hydroxylamine and an aldehyde
- alkoxide — a compound formed by the removal of a proton from an alcohol
- amplexus — the mating embrace of amphibians, particularly frogs and toads
- anatexis — the partial melting of rocks, esp in the formation of metamorphic rocks
9 letter words containing x, e
- acathexis — (pathology) The loss of the ability to respond emotionally.
- admixture — Admixture means the same as mixture.
- affixment — the act of attaching or affixing
- affixture — an affixing or being affixed
- alexander — Harold (Rupert Leofric George), Earl Alexander of Tunis. 1891–1969, British field marshal in World War II, who organized the retreat from Dunkirk and commanded in North Africa (1943) and Sicily and Italy (1944–45); governor general of Canada (1946–52); British minister of defence (1952–54)
10 letter words containing x, e
- adipopexia — lipopexia.
- aldohexose — any aldose containing six carbon atoms, such as glucose or mannose
- aleixandre — Vicente (viˈθɛnte). 1898–1984, Spanish poet, whose collections include La destrucción o el amor (1935; Destruction or Love): Nobel prize for literature 1977
- alexanders — a biennial umbelliferous plant, Smyrnium olusatrum, native to S Europe, with dense umbels of yellow-green flowers and black fruits
- alexandria — the chief port of Egypt, on the Nile Delta: cultural centre of ancient times, founded by Alexander the Great (332 bc). Pop: 3 760 000 (2005 est)
11 letter words containing x, e
- air-express — to send or transport by air express: Your package will be air-expressed and should reach its destination tomorrow.
- alexandrian — of or relating to Alexander the Great
- alexandrina — a female given name, form of Alexandra.
- alexandrine — a line of verse having six iambic feet, usually with a caesura after the third foot
- alexandrite — a green variety of chrysoberyl used as a gemstone
12 letter words containing x, e
- alexanderson — Ernst F. W [urnst] /ɜrnst/ (Show IPA), 1878–1975, U.S. engineer and inventor.
- alexandretta — Iskenderun
- alexandrinus — the Greek uncial codex, dating from the early 5th century a.d., originally containing the complete text of the Greek Old and New Testaments.
- alexipharmic — acting as an antidote
- ambidextrous — Someone who is ambidextrous can use both their right hand and their left hand equally skilfully.
13 letter words containing x, e
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
- active-matrix — of or relating to a high-resolution liquid-crystal display (LCD) with high contrast, the most common type of flat-panel display.
- aix-les-bains — a town in E France: a resort with sulphurous springs. Pop: 25 732 (1999)
- ambidexterity — ambidextrous ease, skill, or facility.
- annexationism — the theory or practice of taking over another country's territory, especially by force.
14 letter words containing x, e
- amplexifoliate — having amplexicaul leaves.
- antihomosexual — opposed to homosexual people and behaviour
- anxiety-attack — an intense attack of anxiety characterized by feelings of impending doom and trembling, sweating, pounding heart, and other physical symptoms.
- axis-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
- beta-oxidation — a process by which fatty acids are degraded, involving oxidation of the beta carbons and removal of successive two-carbon fragments from the fatty acid.
15 letter words containing x, e
- aix-en-provence — a city and spa in SE France: the medieval capital of Provence. Pop: 145 721 (2006)
- aix-la-chapelle — Aachen
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- benzoglyoxaline — benzimidazole.
- complex-machine — an apparatus consisting of interrelated parts with separate functions, used in the performance of some kind of work: a sewing machine.
16 letter words containing x, e
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- carboxypeptidase — any of several digestive enzymes that catalyze the removal of an amino acid from the end of a peptide chain having a free carbonyl group.
- chemoprophylaxis — the prevention of disease using chemical drugs
- chevaux-de-frise — plural of cheval-de-frise.
- chlordiazepoxide — a chemical compound used as a tranquillizer and muscle relaxant and in the treatment of delirium tremens. Formula: C16H14ClN3O
17 letter words containing x, e
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- axis-of-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
- carboxyhemoglobin — a compound formed in the blood when carbon monoxide occupies the positions on the hemoglobin molecule normally taken by oxygen, resulting in cellular oxygen starvation
- complex-conjugate — one of a group of conjugate words.
18 letter words containing x, e
- auxiliary-equation — Mathematics. the characteristic polynomial of a given matrix, equated to zero. Also called auxiliary equation. an equation with one variable and equated to zero, which is derived from a given linear differential equation and in which the coefficient and power of the variable in each term correspond to the coefficient and order of a derivative in the original equation.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- dimethylsulphoxide — a colourless odourless liquid substance used as a solvent and in medicine as an agent to improve the penetration of drugs applied to the skin. Formula: (CH3)2SO
- hydroxychloroquine — a colorless crystalline solid, C 18 H 26 ClN 3 O, used in the treatment of malaria, lupus erythematosus, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- hydroxynaphthalene — naphthol.
19 letter words containing x, e
- decontextualization — to remove (a linguistic element, an action, etc.) from a context: decontextualized works of art displayed in museums.
- deoxycorticosterone — a corticosteroid hormone important in maintaining sodium and water balance in the body
- deoxyribonucleoside — a compound composed of deoxyribose and either a purine or a pyrimidine.
- deoxyribonucleotide — an ester of a deoxyribonucleoside and phosphoric acid; a constituent of DNA.
- dollard-des-ormeaux — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada: suburb of Montreal.
21 letter words containing x, e
- hexachlorocyclohexane — (chemistry) A six-chlorine substituted cyclohexane, a polyhalogenated compound used in pesticides.
22 letter words containing x, e
- autoxidation-reduction — disproportionation.
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- deoxyribonucleoprotein — any of a class of nucleoproteins that yield DNA upon partial hydrolysis.
- dihydroxyphenylalanine — dopa.
- hexahydroxycyclohexane — inositol.
23 letter words containing x, e
- consciousness-expanding — mind-expanding.
On this page, we collect all words with X, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7198 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains X, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.