Words containing w, h
3 letter words containing w, h
4 letter words containing w, h
- chaw — to chew (tobacco), esp without swallowing it
- chew — When you chew food, you use your teeth to break it up in your mouth so that it becomes easier to swallow.
- chow — Food can be referred to as chow.
- dhow — a lateen-rigged coastal Arab sailing vessel with one or two masts
- hawk — a medium-range, mobile U.S. surface-to-air missile system.
5 letter words containing w, h
- ahwaz — a town in SW Iran, on the Karun River. Pop: 967 000 (2005 est)
- awash — If the ground or a floor is awash, it is covered in water, often because of heavy rain or as the result of an accident.
- cahow — a rare nocturnal Atlantic seabird, Pterodroma cahow, with brown and white plumage, formerly thought to be extinct
- chawk — a jackdaw
- chewa — a member of a Negroid people of Malawi, E Zambia, and N Zimbabwe, related to the Bemba
6 letter words containing w, h
- abwehr — the German high-command service for espionage, counterintelligence, and sabotage during World War II.
- anyhow — Anyhow means the same as anyway.
- anywho — anyhow: Anyhoo, what do you think of my idea?
- aweigh — (of an anchor) no longer hooked into the bottom; hanging by its rode
- awhato — the mummified body of a caterpillar killed by the fungus Cordyceps robertsii, sometimes used as a dye
7 letter words containing w, h
- airshow — An airshow is an event at which aeroplane pilots entertain the public by performing very skilful and complicated movements with the aircraft in the sky.
- airwash — to cool (a roof or the like) with a current of air.
- archway — An archway is a passage or entrance that has a curved roof.
- ashdown — Paddy, Baron. real name Jeremy John Durham Ashdown. born 1941, British politician; leader of the Liberal Democrats (formerly the Social and Liberal Democrats) (1988–99); UN high representative in Bosnia-Herzegovina (2002–06)
- athwart — transversely; from one side to another
8 letter words containing w, h
- anywhere — You use anywhere in statements with negative meaning to indicate that a place does not exist.
- aquashow — an exhibition of swimming and diving, often accompanied by music
- aweather — towards the weather
- backwash — The backwash of an event or situation is an unpleasant situation that exists after it and as a result of it.
- bedworth — a town in central England, in N Warwickshire. Pop: 30 001 (2001)
9 letter words containing w, h
- aftershow — a party held after a public performance of a play or film
- airworthy — If an aircraft is airworthy, it is safe to fly.
- antiwhite — hostile to White people
- anywheres — in, at, or to any place.
- arkwright — Sir Richard. 1732–92, English cotton manufacturer: inventor of the spinning frame (1769) which produced cotton thread strong enough to be used as a warp
10 letter words containing w, h
11 letter words containing w, h
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- aftergrowth — any secondary growth of a crop after harvesting
- all-weather — All-weather sports take place on an artificial surface instead of on grass.
- alpha-waves — a pattern of slow brain waves (alpha waves) in normal persons at rest with closed eyes, thought by some to be associated with an alert but daydreaming mind.
12 letter words containing w, h
- allhallowmas — All Saints' Day.
- athwartships — from one side to the other of a vessel at right angles to the keel
- autorickshaw — (in India) a light three-wheeled vehicle driven by a motorcycle engine
- bantamweight — A bantamweight is a boxer who weighs between 51 and 53.5 kilograms, or a wrestler who weighs between 52 and 57 kilograms. A bantamweight is heavier than a flyweight but lighter than a featherweight.
- battleworthy — capable of engaging in combat; ready for battle: a decline in the nation's battleworthy forces.
13 letter words containing w, h
- airworthiness — (of an aircraft) meeting established standards for safe flight; equipped and maintained in condition to fly.
- allhallowtide — the season of All Saints' Day (Allhallows)
- bassenthwaite — a lake in NW England, in Cumbria near Keswick. Length: 6 km (4 miles)
- betweenwhiles — betweentimes.
- bishop's-weed — goutweed.
14 letter words containing w, h
- basotho-qwaqwa — (formerly) a Bantustan in South Africa, in the Orange Free State; the only Bantustan without exclaves: abolished in 1993
- below-the-line — denoting the entries printed below the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account that show how any profit is to be distributed
- bonded-whiskey — something that binds, fastens, confines, or holds together.
- bophuthatswana — (formerly) a Bantu homeland in N South Africa: consisted of six separate areas; declared independent by South Africa in 1977 although this was not internationally recognized; abolished in 1993. Capital: Mmabatho
- braunschweiger — a smoked liver sausage, named after the city of Braunschweig
15 letter words containing w, h
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
- christcross-row — the alphabet.
- crashworthiness — the ability of a vehicle structure to withstand a crash
- cross-ownership — ownership of two or more similar or related businesses, as communications media, especially in the same locality: to forbid cross-ownership of newspapers and TV or radio stations in the same city.
16 letter words containing w, h
- bethmann-hollweg — Theobald von [tey-oh-bahlt fuh n] /ˈteɪ oʊˌbɑlt fən/ (Show IPA), 1856–1921, German statesman: chancellor 1909–17.
- creditworthiness — having a satisfactory credit rating.
- curtain-twitcher — a person who likes to watch unobserved what other people are doing
- dyed-in-the-wool — through and through; complete: a dyed-in-the-wool reformer.
- forward-thinking — planning or tending to plan for the future; forward-looking.
17 letter words containing w, h
- down-at-the-heels — of a shabby, run-down appearance; seedy: He is rapidly becoming a down-at-heel drifter and a drunk.
- flower-of-an-hour — a malvaceous Old World herbaceous plant, Hibiscus trionum, having pale yellow flowers with a bladder-like calyx
- glory-of-the-snow — any of several plants belonging to the genus Chionodoxa, of the lily family, native to the Old World, having showy, blue, white, or pink flowers that bloom early in the spring.
- great-grandnephew — a grandson of one's nephew or niece.
18 letter words containing w, h
19 letter words containing w, h
20 letter words containing w, h
- bowling-on-the-green — a game played with wooden balls on a level, closely mowed green having a slight bias, the object being to roll one's ball as near as possible to a smaller white ball at the other end of the green. Also called bowls, bowling on the green. Compare bowl2 (def 2), bowling green, jack1 (def 7), rink (def 5).
- hail-fellow-well-met — friendly but insincere
- hawaii-standard-time — Alaska-Hawaii time.
- mecklenburg-schwerin — a former state in NE Germany, formed in 1934 from two states (Mecklenburg-Schwerin and Mecklenburg-Strelitz)
21 letter words containing w, h
- lotus-of-the-true-law — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
On this page, we collect all words with W, H. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9255 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains W, H that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.