Words containing w, e, n
3 letter words containing w, e, n
- new — other than the former or the old: a new era; in the New World.
4 letter words containing w, e, n
5 letter words containing w, e, n
- agnew — Spiro (ˈspɪərəʊ) Theodore. 1918–96, US Republican politician; vice president (1969–73)
- awned — a bristlelike appendage of a plant, especially on the glumes of grasses.
- awner — a machine for removing awns from grain
- bowen — Elizabeth (Dorothea Cole). 1899–1973, British novelist and short-story writer, born in Ireland. Her novels include The Death of the Heart (1938) and The Heat of the Day (1949)
- dewan — (formerly in India) the chief minister or finance minister of a state ruled by an Indian prince
6 letter words containing w, e, n
- andrew — Saint. one of the twelve apostles of Jesus; the brother of Peter; patron saint of Scotland. Feast day: Nov 30
- answer — When you answer someone who has asked you something, you say something back to them.
- atween — (archaic) between.
- awaken — To awaken a feeling in a person means to cause them to start having this feeling.
- awoken — Awoken is the past participle of awake.
7 letter words containing w, e, n
- andrews — Thomas. 1813–85, Irish physical chemist, noted for his work on the liquefaction of gases
- answers — a spoken or written reply or response to a question, request, letter, etc.: He sent an answer to my letter promptly.
- antwerp — a province of N Belgium. Pop: 1 668 812 (2004 est). Area: 2859 sq km (1104 sq miles)
- antwren — any of several small antbirds, especially of the genus Myrmotherula.
- anywise — in any way or manner; at all
8 letter words containing w, e, n
- andrewes — Lancelot. 1555–1626, English bishop and theologian
- answerer — someone who answers
- anywhere — You use anywhere in statements with negative meaning to indicate that a place does not exist.
- awakener — a person or thing that awakens
- beeswing — a light filmy crust of tartar that forms in port and some other wines after long keeping in the bottle
9 letter words containing w, e, n
- allentown — a city in E Pennsylvania, on the Lehigh River. Pop: 105 958 (2003 est)
- allowance — An allowance is money that is given to someone, usually on a regular basis, in order to help them pay for the things that they need.
- alpenglow — a reddish light on the summits of snow-covered mountain peaks at sunset or sunrise
- anglewing — any of several nymphalid butterflies, especially of the genus Polygonia, having angular notches on the outer edges of the forewings.
- angleworm — an earthworm used as bait by anglers
10 letter words containing w, e, n
- aircrewman — a member of an aircrew.
- alderwoman — (in England and Wales until 1974) one of the senior female members of a local council, elected by other councillors
- answerable — If you are answerable to someone, you have to report to them and explain your actions.
- answerback — a reply or answering message from a computer or other electronic device, as by means of teletypewriter or simulated voice.
- answerless — not having or offering an answer
11 letter words containing w, e, n
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- acknowledge — If you acknowledge a fact or a situation, you accept or admit that it is true or that it exists.
- arkansawyer — an Arkansan.
- ashwaubenon — a town in E Wisconsin.
- awarenesses — the state or condition of being aware; having knowledge; consciousness: The object of the information drive is to raise awareness of what spreads HIV/AIDS.
12 letter words containing w, e, n
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- anuszkiewicz — Richard Joseph, born 1930, U.S. op-art painter.
- awe-stricken — filled with awe.
13 letter words containing w, e, n
- airworthiness — (of an aircraft) meeting established standards for safe flight; equipped and maintained in condition to fly.
- answerability — liable to be asked to give account; responsible: He is answerable to a committee for all his decisions.
- anticlockwise — If something is moving anticlockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- aperitif-wine — a small drink of alcoholic liquor taken to stimulate the appetite before a meal.
- assemblywoman — In the United States, an assemblywoman is a female elected member of an assembly of people who make decisions and laws.
14 letter words containing w, e, n
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- battered-women — the array of physical and psychological injuries exhibited by women (battered women or battered wives) who have been beaten repeatedly or otherwise abused by their partners or spouses.
- below-the-line — denoting the entries printed below the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account that show how any profit is to be distributed
- blanket-flower — any composite plant of the genus Gaillardia, having showy heads of yellow or red flowers.
15 letter words containing w, e, n
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- attorney-at-law — a lawyer qualified to represent in court a party to a legal action
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
16 letter words containing w, e, n
- bethmann-hollweg — Theobald von [tey-oh-bahlt fuh n] /ˈteɪ oʊˌbɑlt fən/ (Show IPA), 1856–1921, German statesman: chancellor 1909–17.
- counselor-at-law — a lawyer, esp one who conducts cases in court; attorney
- counterclockwise — If something is moving counterclockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- creditworthiness — having a satisfactory credit rating.
- curtain-twitcher — a person who likes to watch unobserved what other people are doing
17 letter words containing w, e, n
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
- barrow-in-furness — an industrial town in NW England, in S Cumbria. Pop: 47 194 (2001)
- darwinian-fitness — health.
- down-at-the-heels — of a shabby, run-down appearance; seedy: He is rapidly becoming a down-at-heel drifter and a drunk.
- downwardly-mobile — See under vertical mobility (def 1).
18 letter words containing w, e, n
- berwick-upon-tweed — a town in N England, in N Northumberland at the mouth of the Tweed: much involved in border disputes between England and Scotland between the 12th and 16th centuries; neutral territory 1551–1885. Pop: 12 870 (2001)
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
19 letter words containing w, e, n
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- country-and-western — country music.
- nine--days---wonder — an event or thing that arouses considerable but short-lived interest or excitement.
- nordrhein-westfalen — German name of North Rhine-Westphalia.
20 letter words containing w, e, n
- bowling-on-the-green — a game played with wooden balls on a level, closely mowed green having a slight bias, the object being to roll one's ball as near as possible to a smaller white ball at the other end of the green. Also called bowls, bowling on the green. Compare bowl2 (def 2), bowling green, jack1 (def 7), rink (def 5).
- climbing-bittersweet — Also called woody nightshade. a climbing or trailing plant, Solanum dulcamara, of the nightshade family, having small, violet, star-shaped flowers with a protruding yellow center and scarlet berries.
- covenant-of-warranty — warranty (def 2b).
- hawaii-standard-time — Alaska-Hawaii time.
- mecklenburg-schwerin — a former state in NE Germany, formed in 1934 from two states (Mecklenburg-Schwerin and Mecklenburg-Strelitz)
21 letter words containing w, e, n
- devil's-walking-stick — Hercules-club (def 2).
22 letter words containing w, e, n
- mind-your-own-business — baby's-tears.
On this page, we collect all words with W, E, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9916 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains W, E, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.