Words containing w, a, t, e, r
5 letter words containing w, a, t, e, r
6 letter words containing w, a, t, e, r
- rawest — uncooked, as articles of food: a raw carrot.
- wafter — to carry lightly and smoothly through the air or over water: The gentle breeze wafted the sound of music to our ears.
- waiter — a person, especially a man, who waits on tables, as in a restaurant.
- walter — Bruno [broo-noh] /ˈbru noʊ/ (Show IPA), (Bruno Schlesinger) 1876–1962, German opera and symphony conductor, in U.S. after 1939.
- wanter — One who wants, or who wants something.
7 letter words containing w, a, t, e, r
- aerotow — to tow (an aircraft) through the air.
- antwerp — a province of N Belgium. Pop: 1 668 812 (2004 est). Area: 2859 sq km (1104 sq miles)
- antwren — any of several small antbirds, especially of the genus Myrmotherula.
- artware — an article of china, porcelain, glass, or the like, prized for its artistry and collected as an art object: a rare collection of artwares.
- atwater — a town in central California.
8 letter words containing w, a, t, e, r
- afterwar — Following a war.
- antiwear — preventing deterioration as a result of use
- atwitter — twittering, nervously excited
- aweather — towards the weather
- bedstraw — any of numerous rubiaceous plants of the genus Galium, which have small white or yellow flowers and prickly or hairy fruits: some species formerly used as straw for beds as they are aromatic when dry
9 letter words containing w, a, t, e, r
- adderwort — the bistort, a herbaceous flowering plant, Polygonum bistorta, of the dock family
- afterglow — The afterglow is the glow that remains after a light has gone, for example after the sun has gone down.
- aftershow — a party held after a public performance of a play or film
- afterward — If you do something or if something happens afterward, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- afterword — An afterword is a short essay at the end of a book, usually written by the author.
10 letter words containing w, a, t, e, r
- activewear — clothing for wear while engaging in sports, recreation, etc.; sportswear
- afterglows — Plural form of afterglow.
- afterswarm — a secondary (or tertiary) swarm of bees which leaves the colony after the main swarm has left, in the company of a virgin queen
- afterwards — If you do something or if something happens afterwards, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- afterwhile — (US, dialect) afterwards.
11 letter words containing w, a, t, e, r
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- aftergrowth — any secondary growth of a crop after harvesting
- afterworlds — Plural form of afterworld.
- all-weather — All-weather sports take place on an artificial surface instead of on grass.
- antimalware — Designed or intended to combat or eliminate malware on a computer system.
12 letter words containing w, a, t, e, r
- awe-stricken — filled with awe.
- basketweaver — a person who advocates simple, natural, and unsophisticated living
- battleworthy — capable of engaging in combat; ready for battle: a decline in the nation's battleworthy forces.
- betweenbrain — the posterior part of the forebrain
- bird-watcher — A bird-watcher is a person whose hobby is watching and studying wild birds in their natural surroundings.
13 letter words containing w, a, t, e, r
- aircraftwomen — Plural form of aircraftwoman.
- airworthiness — (of an aircraft) meeting established standards for safe flight; equipped and maintained in condition to fly.
- answerability — liable to be asked to give account; responsible: He is answerable to a committee for all his decisions.
- aperitif-wine — a small drink of alcoholic liquor taken to stimulate the appetite before a meal.
- blanketflower — a hardy flowering plant, Gaillardia aristata, that grows in the US
14 letter words containing w, a, t, e, r
- atomic-powered — powered by atomic energy
- battered-women — the array of physical and psychological injuries exhibited by women (battered women or battered wives) who have been beaten repeatedly or otherwise abused by their partners or spouses.
- blanket-flower — any composite plant of the genus Gaillardia, having showy heads of yellow or red flowers.
- brother-in-law — Someone's brother-in-law is the brother of their husband or wife, or the man who is married to their sister.
- carpet-sweeper — a household device with a revolving brush for sweeping carpets
15 letter words containing w, a, t, e, r
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- attorney-at-law — a lawyer qualified to represent in court a party to a legal action
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
- coldwater-river — a river in NW Mississippi, flowing S to the Tallahatchie River. 220 miles (354 km) long.
- contraclockwise — Counterclockwise.
16 letter words containing w, a, t, e, r
- counselor-at-law — a lawyer, esp one who conducts cases in court; attorney
- curtain-twitcher — a person who likes to watch unobserved what other people are doing
- superheavyweight — an amateur boxer weighing more than 91 kg
- watson-wentworth — Charles, 2nd Marquis of Rockingham [rok-ing-uh m] /ˈrɒk ɪŋ əm/ (Show IPA), 1730–82, British statesman: prime minister 1765–66, 1782.
- weatherstripping — A piece of weatherstrip material.
17 letter words containing w, a, t, e, r
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
- darwinian-fitness — health.
- great-grandnephew — a grandson of one's nephew or niece.
- weather-resistant — resisting the effects of severe weather, as rain or cold: weather-resistant cloth for topcoats.
- well-demonstrated — to make evident or establish by arguments or reasoning; prove: to demonstrate a philosophical principle.
18 letter words containing w, a, t, e, r
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
- west-northwestward — moving, bearing, facing, or situated toward the west-northwest.
- west-southwestward — moving, bearing, facing, or situated toward the west-southwest.
19 letter words containing w, a, t, e, r
- country-and-western — country music.
- nordrhein-westfalen — German name of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- straightforwardness — going or directed straight ahead: a straightforward gaze.
- websters-dictionary — Informal. a dictionary of the English language, especially American English, such as Dictionary.com.
20 letter words containing w, a, t, e, r
- covenant-of-warranty — warranty (def 2b).
- hawaii-standard-time — Alaska-Hawaii time.
- newcastle-under-lyme — a town in W central England, in Staffordshire. Pop: 74 427 (2001)
- strawberry-raspberry — an arching, prickly, Japanese plant, Rubus illecebrosus, of the rose family, having an herbaceous stem, white, fragrant flowers, and large, edible, scarlet fruit.
21 letter words containing w, a, t, e, r
- lotus-of-the-true-law — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
- surface-to-underwater — (of a missile, message, etc.) traveling from the surface of the earth to a target underwater.
- watenstedt-salzgitter — former name of Salzgitter.
22 letter words containing w, a, t, e, r
- the-leaning-tower-pisa — a round, marble campanile in Pisa, Italy, begun in 1174 and now 17 feet (5.2 meters) out of the perpendicular in its height of 179 feet (54 meters).
On this page, we collect all words with W, A, T, E, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4232 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains W, A, T, E, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.